Q UPDATE: Multiple masks are coming to Q and more!

I can add it but whats the related question?we now have ultima core modules in the store and not all of them can be used in q subs.information doesnt feel like its relevant anymore unless im missing something.

Yeah I may have been quoting outdated info there.

See my actual question here: https://subliminalresults.com/t/healing-module-questions/8147

No, it’s happening. The project just got a bit more ambitious. We were actually thinking about creating a “Developer Diary” thread, with insider / background information on things going on behind the scenes. But, I’ll post a little teaser of a wireframe containing the new Q interface.

Again, this is just a wireframe / MVP version that allows us to visualize the process.

12 Likes

Another wireframe:

11 Likes

A bit more ambitious? lol
Are we talking a tiny bit or like a huge bit lol.

Looks awesome by the way

1 Like

Huge. We started off with just wanting to automate Q. Then we recorded / licensed some more masks. Then that process led to use doing research on Solace. Research on Solace led to the Dolby.io API, etc. etc. lol.

Now we’re just like, we’ll push everything back and release all of this at once. New order process. Q automation, etc.

5 Likes

We could ask @Meng123 if it deserves a place in his FAQ thread. I found answers there I didn’t even know yet.

2 Likes

Is Q still processing custom builds right now?

Just as Qv2 is a 3x power multiplier on Q, would it be possible to provide an approximate multiplier for the power of name-embedding?

Saint said it different depending on the person so dont think its possible to give an exact number

Darn. Even a range or order of magnitude would be helpful for determining loop counts. For example, is it in the range of 1.5x? That wouldn’t change loop counts.

But what if it’s ALSO 3x? That would definitely make me reevaluate my listening schedule.

If anything,you would probably be able to run same or more loops.name embedding usually reduces recon and makes it easier to process the sub.for me anyway

The recommendations are the same with the loops to run, check the support page or download the book that come when you buy a sub from the main store

Is Solace that much different from the other masks? I notice in the wireframe it’s a $75 extra charge.

Yes. That’s all it’s doing right now.

1 Like

We’ll give official counts once everything has been completed. For now, stick to the current guidelines as listed on the support center.

Yes. Please read the first post here: Main Disc. Thread - Project Solace Public Test

Solace is only an upcharge because it’s a prototype right now and the method for developing them hasn’t been optimized. A Solace-powered title, right now, takes up to two hours to complete, as opposed to the 15-30 minutes that a regular title does, since we’ve optimized the code that handles the creation of those titles. That extra two hours puts quite a strain on our resources and we have to charge for that – at least now.

Once Solace becomes our “standard” mask, then there will be no charge.

8 Likes

Solace DR should be super effective!

2 Likes

Looking forward to that!

Solace is FANTASTIC to listen to.

2 Likes

What’s the timeline for name-embedded mains?

1 Like

Probably not that soon since it was waiting on the automation