PLEASE READ: Mind's Eye Q: Terminus ^ 2 Experimental Now Available

Hatha Yoga is about breathing, taking postures in motion (not all of them in motion), meditating and visualising. It’s at least 5000 years old and even Western science tackled it and explained it nicely.

I’ll be working on visualisation methods soon, so I could add it in here.

1 Like

Very informative article.

I shall share some more knowledge about and my experiences with visualization in the right time too. :slight_smile: I’m on Alchemist’s path. I would start with alternate nostril breathing. I recommend it to everyone, no matter if you’re a yogi or not.

I use alternate nostril breathing on a quasi daily basis :slight_smile:

Sadhguru (my main teacher) is talking about the Third Eye:

Opening the Third Eye can be quite scary.

It most certainly is.

Movie any good?

I’ve only watched The Eye 10.

Set in Thailand, the land of black magic and all sorts of superstitions.

I will give it a watch :+1:

C Wilson Meloncelli speaks a bit about this in his introduction to the flow state. Some people use the word autotelic (eg autotelic personality) to describe this, as in doing something for the pleasure of doing it. In the introduction to the The Rose Garden Game by Eithne Wilkins I remember reading about a toast to pure scholarship “may it never be of any damned use to anyone” that kind of epitomised this in a comical way (also comical because it was in a book about a cross cultural practice that is often used to get people in the flow, ie rosary beads).

The point he was making when referring to autotelic personality and the flow state was to pick the right activities for you that allow you to engage just for the sake of doing them, focusing less on the outcome. The neurology of the flow state involves dopamine and norephinephrine which create that strong engagement with the task at hand, so you want to find a way to train that state by first getting into it with training wheels so to speak, and learning how it feels to move in that direction.

Another interesting thing Meloncelli talks about which is probably more relevant to this forum is about accessing the flow state via the backdoor by bringing yourself into contact with the subconscious mind.

2 Likes

Any time I run Mind’s Eye T2, my dreams get hypervivid.
MET2 was already out when I bought ME. So naturally, that’s my first exposure to ME.

I had a crazy-detailed lucid dream from it.

Definitely recommend!

3 Likes

How many times have you used it? How often do you do that? Did you use ME Q or T2 only?
Thanks! :slight_smile:

3-4 time total. Q one of those times. T2 is definitely more of a powerhouse.

1 Like

Is it better to run it regularly or ad hoc?

1 Like

I’d assume regularly. I’ve just never done so with ME yet

1 Like