Pacman Ascended Mogul to Khan

How do you get people to stop testing you?

1 Like

You got it!:sunglasses:

Ignore the testā€¦and or make them think they won. When I have bigger intentions to over power them.

You donā€™t. If you already feel in the way you state above, where would there even be room to want to control what others do?

1 Like

Dude! You got it! :person_in_lotus_position::bowing_man:

1 Like

Yes and I have made my mind up that I cant and will not even try to control others besides myself. Self control is another attribute mentioned in the book. :sunglasses:

1 Like

A few weeks ago, I was at the gym. I was talking to a girl who works there. She was leaning in more and more. Then her co-worker showed up. I invited him to join in on the conversation. He said ā€œno thatā€™s alright. Iā€™m goodā€ and he leaned back like he was watching me like an exhibit in a zoo, with a snarky grin on his face.

I noticed. I didnā€™t care. So he gets to convince himself heā€™s superior to me in some way because heā€™s looking down on something he thinks he knows about me, or what he thinks Iā€™m doing. He wanted to feel powerful. Okay, he can go ahead and feel powerfulā€¦ while I am actually powerful.

Now if I cared about his contemptuous or condescending nonverbal message, I would be assuming he has some sort of authority or position to do so. Since I never appointed him to evaluate what I do, and because Iā€™ve got more than enough confidence in myself for 5 people, I easily ignored him.

3 Likes

They continue to test you.

Other people also start.

Where do you draw the line?

1 Like

I havenā€™t had this happen to me in years since I started to feel much more confident and powerful. Has this happened to you, and where did you draw the line?

1 Like

I bring them closer to me and provide Fr them and make them feel powerful mean time Iā€™m devising a plan to take them over

1 Like

Are you? Really?

Lets try another one.

A 15 year old steals a moped and hits one of the pot plants at the entrance to your property.

The 15 year old lives with his grandmother, is a ā€œtearawayā€, doesnā€™t go to school, and engages in petty crime.

The police colonel that informs you notes that you have several options which include (but are not limited to)

Let it slide.

Inform grandmother.

Get someone to talk sense into him (Colonel to arrange)

Colonel to deal with it.

Court (Judge to decide sentence)

Court (you to decide sentence)

Have him killed.

What do you do?

1 Like

I will ask him to stay with me

I assume you are responding to me.

The 15 year old takes you up on your offer because his grandmother is extremely poor.

He monopolised your PS5, empties your fridge, steals any loose change you leave out, goes out with his druggie mates committing petty crime at night and sees you as a naive soft touch.

How long do you put up with that?

1 Like

I will give him money for wat ever he needs ā€¦even drugs then have him arrested then I will nail him out then straight into rehab

I will arrange this and stage it to happen

So why not put him into rehab straight away? Why go to the bother of inviting him to stay with you with all the annoyance that will entail. Remember, you are powerful and can do what you want.

If it is about helping people, then why focus on helping one person and not the whole of society?

Do you actually have power if other people donā€™t acknowledge it?

Have you ever actually experienced having power?

ps What does ā€œnail him outā€ mean?

1 Like

Bail him outā€¦

I experienced physical power and not much other formsā€¦thatā€™s why Iā€™m learning this now.
Can you explain wat is power.

If a situation such as this has happened to you, this sounds tragic and I donā€™t know what to say
because I donā€™t know how having the option to have someone killed got in here over a potted plant breaking and the theft of a moped. This sounds like a harsh system of law for such crimes involving property.

I think so. You might not. I think people have freedom of thought. So if you want to have a certain opinion about me or what I say. Thatā€™s fine.

The other thing about these situations that you are giving right now on this thread (that Iā€™m guessing are hypothetical) is that you @remarkable are in control of the narrative, and regardless of what people write, you get to choose the outcome. Be it a positive outcome of what people say, or a negative outcome of what people say. If you are wanting to make a point, what is that point?

Is the above quote your point?

There are some people who are determined to act aggressive or to treat others with contempt, regardless of what I say or do. These can be difficult people to be around. I avoid them. I can call them out. But get them to acknowledge what I want? I donā€™t know.

If you would be willing to answer some questions, perhaps I could better understand what you are wanting to convey.

What point would you like to make?

What is it that you want me to understand that I might not be understanding?

What is it that you are perceiving that you think I might be missing?

What assumptions are you operating on about what power is?

Do you assume power is dependent on others acknowledging that power? And if so, what would you accept as that acknowledgement?

I think that depends on the situation.

Where is it in your own life where you could have power, actual power, without people acknowledging it, and what is your definition of power?

Is power about having control or power over another person, or could power involve something else?

1 Like

@pacman

Thank you for the philosophical conversational hijacking we are doing on your journal.

1 Like

Keep going ā€¦Iā€™m enjoying it