New from DarkPhilosopher Studios

“Welcome to the Home Shopping Channel! My name is Stacey…”
“…and I’m Daryl…”
“…and boy do we have something exciting to share with you today!”
“I’m having goosebumps!”

“Have you ever had this problem? You want to order a custom subliminal from SubClub, but even if your computer can handle 200 open tabs, constantly switching between them to begin the process of elimination is a tedious process and holds you back from selecting your perfect 20 modules.”
“I had that just the other day. There’s just so many options on the store I get lost. Makes me long for those days when we could still get a colorful catalogue in the mail.”
“Well, the other day I spoke to my good friend DarkPhilosopher and he had the exact same problem. So he created the solution. Introducing DarkPhilosopher’s Divining Deck (DPD²)!”

“Wow, Stacey, would you look at all those pretty pictures!”
“Yes, Daryl. The DPD² comes as a PDF document ready to send to your local copy shop. It contains 3 fold-able cards per page. Print 'm, cut 'm and you’ve got the entire Q store in the palm of your hand!”
“Quite an impressive pile too, it’s a few inches high. But I see on the photo that they come in two types?”
“Well, Daryl, once you’ve cut them you can use them as is or you can fold them. Then you just create piles of the ones you want until you’re left with 20. Sometimes I like to select my sub using only the gorgeous images, letting my intuition guide my selection.”
“So like waking up one morning and picking the first 20 images with the color blue in it?”
“Umm… sure, Daryl. And other times I keep them unfolded and choose that way.”
“I couldn’t choose, so I ordered two sets, one folded and one unfolded. Both laminated.”
“Great idea!”
“A friend is writing a game guide that assigns each card a value so we can assemble our decks and battle it out on Thursday’s RPG night for the title of Subliminal Master!”
“Wha…?”
“And another is building a house of cards called the SubClubTower.”
“Okay, I think that just about wraps it up.”
“But I haven’t told you about…”
“Thank you Daryl! So, everybody. Get your own Divining Deck today and selecting modules for your custom has never been easier!”

The DPD² version 2 is now updated with the Ultima Cores and the Subliminal Pack #3.

13 Likes

Do we get a pack of 20 in the mail for reading & visualizing along, as we play our custom? :blush:

1 Like

At the price my copy-shop charges? Plus the hours spent laminating? You’d be lucky if I sent you 20 cards. But which 20? :slight_smile:

Good thing it’s a PDF.

I started working on this ages ago and got it done around the release of Dragon when I really wanted to build that custom. It really helps to get it out of the browser and create piles of cards (definitely/maybe or core/optional) until I’m left with one that has the right amount of modules. Plus, it feels remarkably nice holding them in my hands. Somehow the weight and size of having them in my hands makes me feel they are “real”. It’s hard to explain. It’s a lot different compared to a browser anyway.

I’m posting it here to see if people would be interested in such a thing.

I was just visualizing the intro where they describe the problem and you see a montage of someone’s browser crashing, rubbing their painful wrists from all the clicking and having those angry looks with their hands pretending to pull out their hair in frustration.

2 Likes

The DPD² certainly looks a lot better than my dull and wordy Excel sheet :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like how it really does sounds like a commercial! Great idea, D!

@Hermit
and
@Malkuth
might be the first in line.

1 Like