New Disc. Thread - Chosen From Within ZP Experimental

Could you elaborate upon this further? I’m curious to know what you mean exactly, at least in the context of martial arts.

2 Likes

I’m sensing the old Internal/External, hard/soft martial arts topic about to begin.

I’ve never seen it resolved in the past. But who knows? First time for everything.

Does it need its own forum thread?

3 Likes

I thought it was really weird when he said it. I was totally focused on punching through the bag a la 1 inch punch etc. But as I grew I studied the internal arts & noticed that I WAS more quick and focused when I became aware of the ability to draw back just as much as go through. Then as I grew and shifted even more (which is to say, cleared the fear and anger that drew me to the art (Shotokan karate)) the purity of the form was more accessible. As an aside, I wrecked my knees with years and years of skateboarding and snowboarding. Now much to my regret I can’t really do martial arts like I used to, but I still feel the power flow through my body when I ground to the Earth and settle into my breath. That is: directed by the gentleness (and the humility that came from an extremely rough but in retrospect extremely beneficial teacher who spared no mercy). If you’re really interested, study some Chi Gong and get deep, deep into your body with your breath and sinking into the ground with the focused intent of blending with Earth energy. A good book on Taoism would be WAY more articulate than this rather belabored response. :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Perhaps it does. It is a worthy topic indeed, and germane to the larger topic of subliminal/conscious mind and all the other dichotomies that are attached to the greater field surrounding such an exploration. And being here and now, in this forum.

1 Like

It’s been a really long time since I practiced any martial art, but I can see how this sub-topic is related to Chosen from Within.

Actually, an interesting combo would be CFW and Muay Thai Mastery. My guess is that the results, for someone training regularly, would support the points you’re making, @Stealth.

One thing’s true, whatever anyone thinks about qi or anything like that, every fighter has to learn to deal with fear, the flinch response (reflexive avoidance of anticipated pain), and other emotional and attitudinal barriers to dealing adequately with conflict situations. There are 100 ways to approach that side of training.

2 Likes

I agree. The Chosen from Within seems to anchor the frequency of a deep and committed self-acceptance. People feel that and respond in kind. When it comes to the fighting arts it seems like there are two types of people: those who have mastered ‘The art of fighting without fighting’ (just thinking of Bruce Lee gets my eyes misty, such an incredible soul) and those who revel in the fight to try to prove to themselves that which they doubt deep inside - all surrounding self-worth and such. The most lethal people I’ve ever encountered are very subtle and gentle and grounded in their own discernment. Okay, I have to stop now because I’m getting super sad that I don’t have my box set of Bruce Lee DVD’s anymore and its Friday night and I’m alone. Ah well.

8 Likes

I used to want to do martial arts but I don’t know if its from running Dragon Reborn getting older , maturing , or all of the above but as excited as I get I start thinking about going somewhere and having to interact with a bunch of people and I’m thinking " no thank you" and just go read a book or something

3 Likes

Funny, that was the stack I just finished running. Unfortunately I’ve decided that I want to try ME so CFW is the sacrifice I’m making (Stark is my other sub).

Absolutely. In this regard, I think CFW has begun to do its work on me, but there’s still more to be done (though for the future).

I absolutely agree with this, and it’s something that I focus on a lot more than most people that I see in my gym. I concentrate a lot on retracting and every step of a kick, versus trying to just blast the bag/pads as hard as possible.

Interesting statement, this is something that I need to reflect on further for myself. Thank you for your response.

2 Likes

Big fan of ME here.

Ran it for a really long time, and it’s one of the cores in my central custom. To me, it feels profound. It kept drawing me back and I never felt like I truly understood it. (So in that way it’s like the mind itself.)

I’ve been on hiatus from ME since September but it will be a happy reunion in March when I can start playing it again.

Glad you are running it. Between ME, Muay Thai Mastery, and regularly training, I think you’ll generate benefits that echo through all of your life.

:pray:t6: :muscle:t6:

3 Likes

I wanna talk about this. In my old discipline of Tang Soo Do my Sa Bum Nim, Master Jackson (may you ever rest in peace) would often chide us to be hard when they were soft, soft when they were hard.

I didn’t truly understand it then and I still don’t think I do, though I have certain theories about it.

I’ve also not been in an actual fight for nearly ten years. So, +1 point to you, Master Jackson :purple_heart:

Anyways, this…

I agree with, I’m not trying to derail.

2 Likes

Cfw had the most profound effect on my sense of self so far of any subs.
I stacked it with regeneration so it was a tough ride but still.

Easily one of the most powerful subs.

However I am a bit afraid of stacking it right now because I feel that the healing might overwrite other things.

Then again, the healing has the biggest impact over putting other stuff on top.

5 Likes

Maybe the healing is what you need first so it makes other things easier in the future. That’s what I’m doing. I’m running Chosen stacked with CFW and Mogul. I’ll run CFW for at least four cycles before I switch to Dragon reborn to finish the healing work. Even if that takes me this whole year, it will be worth it.

2 Likes

That is true but due to some “issues” I really need to focus mostly on money rn.

Maybe I’ll just stack it with Stark. It definitely had the biggest changes to run CFW so far!

1 Like

I’m still running it and the healing is an absolutely B.

Whilst clearly I need it, I’m becoming reluctant to want to play it because the times I do I always feel like something is going to happen and I feel grumpy/depressed af.

2 Likes

Assuredly this appears to be a promising title in regards to healing, I hope it may deliver many of you from inner demons.

Healing is not merely a mental thing, it is also closely Spiritual. A being heals through nothing else than a connection to our Lord, the almighty father which is our Divine heritage. A connection that imbues us with the power of unconditional Love from which stems all forgiveness and virtue. If this connection is not established, if the crown is not opened to the cosmic force the Hearts of our being cannot be fully opened.

I will just leave this here, there are many clues and I hope it helps people in becoming more Soul conscious.

Not all beings on this planet have Souls.

Many are benevolent others are not, this is not to scare you but on the journey of personal growth and development you will at last cross forces beyond your standing, and they will divide and conquer those who they feel and believe are hindering their agendas.

Our energy system holds karma, this karma is pent up an emotion we have accumulated through our lives for judging ourselves and feeling guilt, shame, fear. Held within the cells of our body until unconditional Love is given to them, so they may release this tension and we can embody more of our Soul, the awareness which is above and beyond thoughts and emotions; the latter of which are merely energies our vessels can transmute.

The Soul is who all of us truly are.

I sincerely hope these words initiate movement into this community to be more Loving, kind, generous, aware and blessed as those feelings will likewise attract that necessary for the accomplishment of not only our personal goals but also the goal of advancement within Humanity.

A subliminal is in essence and interaction with the Soul, reconciliation is the Mind and Heart or Spirit of the being reconciling. The ego of the person who holds identity and believes reconciles these mental structures whereafter the Soul can embody more or less. The Soul is merely Light, it is an energy unique to each entity.

The Soul is also a parcel of God.

With Honour,
Percival.

7 Likes

That’s another issue.
I understand why the grumpy mood is necessary. A sign of the sub working, but I don’t want to grind out the healing all the time haha

Maybe exchange it every other 21 or 45 day sprint is the play.
I don’t think one is ever FULLY healed. It seems like a necessary thing every now and then.

2 Likes

Meh. Didn’t care for my original post. Yay for CFW!

1 Like

Yes.

Personally, from what I’ve observed, the condition that we describe as ‘Health’, is itself a kind of stalemate or tense stand-off between changes that we would label as ‘Disease Processes’. Health is found within disease, not in the absence of disease.

My favorite example is the physiological interplay between catabolism (breakdown of the body) and anabolism (propagation and accumulation of new cells). If either of those were removed, we would either be wasting away, on the one hand, or filled with tumors, on the other. The dynamic balance between the two leads to a condition in which we are constantly producing new cells and pruning away the weakest among them.

Health is disease. Function is dysfunction.

The difference is one of calibration and balance; not of fundamental processes.

More similar to riding a bicycle or surfing a wave. Constantly finding and re-finding the optimal balance points in the midst of dynamic change and transformation.

2 Likes

I ran my first loop of CFW 2 weeks ago, and had awful recon for about 3 days. It was bad enough that I parked using it for the rest of that cycle, since I didn’t want the disruption at the time.

I started a new cycle this week, consisting of Stark and CFW. I ran CFW this morning, and I’ve had nothing but feelings of happiness and positivity all day. And music just sounds absolutely incredible.

The complete 180 in experience in the space of two loops (2 weeks apart) is pretty amazing to me. Did CFW really resolve whatever that issue was in just one loop?

7 Likes

@SaintSovereign what’s happening with the CFW version with Rebirth+Sanguine. On a washout and want to wait for the new version you were looking at.

1 Like