Main Disc. Thread - WANTED

Wanted + Emperor Fitness would be quite effective then, I assume!

3 Likes

For me self improvement is mental masturbation (doing endless courses,impatience use of subliminal, reading books etc.)

3 Likes

Well, yes and no.

A lot of self help is like freeform jazz, mental masterbation.

This is because it is self help for the sake of self help not to improve ones life. Because men are like this, some get into the nitty gritty details and focus on the one thing while neglecting other areas of life that need improving.

Like the swole bodybuilder who has a comic book physique, looks great but they have no money and still can’t get laid.

Remember men have hobbies, women don’t. And some men obsess.

2 Likes

I’ve heard many times that being a funny type of cocky with women inspires attraction within them. To tell you the truth, I can say from experience that it might work a little too well at times lol.

1 Like

Meanwhile I’m sure if I ran this combo I’d be craving sex 24/7.

1 Like

Women don’t have hobbies? I didn’t know that that was a thing.

9 Likes

Women can definitely have hobbies lol.

Life is about self discovery not self improvement.

self improvement usually comes down to “improving” yourself based on someone else’s/or societies values…saying stuff like women don’t have hobbies is reflective of the mindset which assigns snap judgments about how life is supposed to be for everyone and tries to put a box on you based on gender, or race etc…(no disrespect to remarkable. Just sharing my thoughts)

That’s all I’ll say on this subject to stop derailing the purpose of this thread.

5 Likes

Not sure what that means :slight_smile: most women have hobbies like most men.

2 Likes

You said something which i was longing to listen for long

3 Likes

@NinjaGazin splendid well said by falling into self help you are basically saying you are not good enough. When in fact its about accepting your vunerabilites and flaws.

@Matrix i know you are a young lad on a voyage of discovery please if you remember anything from this thread remember the words of myself and our good friend the Ninja :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, as a generality this is true.

(Much) more men have hobbies and men spend more time on their hobbies.

1 Like

No, they really don’t.

In fact science backs me up.

The UK ONS lifestyle attitudes survey (or whatever its called) indicates this.

The US equivalent is the same.

And this is before I point out that (as a generality) men are interested in things and women are interested in people.

I suppose someone will opine that wandering around the shops aimlessly and gossiping with friends whilst eating are hobbies.

3 Likes

Women have hobbies but not the same kind of hobbies than men ! We have different kind of interests.

1 Like

Hmm… with conscious guidens, could Wanted help grow pointy ears? Some people loves Elves for some reason.

One the sidetrack: How are hobbies defined?

Some traditional and non-traditional hobbies: knitting, collecting dishes, silver wear, pottery, painting, writing poetry, joining a book club etc. Do they have as many hobbies as men? I don’t know. But they do have hobbies.

Hobby: “An activity done regularly in one’s leisure time for pleasure”.

3 Likes

that reminds me of a new book by Anthony DeMello. It’s titles Stop Fixing Yourself Wake Up All is Well. Lester Levenson said you are already whole,complete, and perfect as you are. They’re referring to the real us not the stories or beliefs or thoughts,feelings. So maybe you just got a taste of clarity, an insight.

3 Likes

In the study that @remarkable talked about, it is not said that women have no hobbies compared to men. It is said that women spend less time than men

“Across all parts of the UK, men spent more time on leisure activities than women (an average of six hours and nine minutes compared with five hours and 29 minutes per day respectively)”

They use the word “leisure” as a general term for hobby, sports etc.

One reason invoked is that women spend more time in house chores, cooking etc than the men.
You can see this study here
Leisure time in the UK - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)

5 Likes

Ok…
Pogchamp !!

1 Like

I have female friends, one is into hat making another is into film editing and photography. In my book these are hobbies. I agree there are many women out there who do not engage in hobbies the same can be said about some men.

1 Like

many men have no hobbies either

3 Likes