Main Disc. Thread - Paragon Sleep Experimental ZP

Finally got it today. 8kg with a thermoregulation sheet on top of it.
The first night should be for adjustment and not that great but other nights should be better.

5 Likes

This night I partially tried a weight blanket for the first time. Before it was not possible due to high temperatures outside. Partially I mean, half of the night I slept under the normal thin blanket, and in the middle of the night I woke up with the feeling that my feet were somehow cold and put a weight blanket onto me.

The only change in my result was by my Oura ring in HRV.
Few nights before I had like 35, 36, 39, 38.
This morning I got 67. Never had this high score of HRV.
Btw higher score is better.

@ouroboros @Vesper tagging you both because I know you guys are also into sleep optimizing.

Just yesterday I read an article about a girl who has autism - Aspergers and she also uses a weight blanket for calming down her nervous system. People with autism are more prone to be sensory overloaded and therefore their nervous system is more fragile.

@emperor_obewan I think you mentioned that you have Aspergers and if you are not already using weight blanket, just adding this to your attention.

1 Like

fascinating stuff!

i’ll check them out. I have ADHD which is heavily connected to autism, and i always wondered if my social awkwardness was maybe more than just that… LOL…

My HRV from Whoop maxes out at 50, a jump to 70 like you had would be amazing.

1 Like

Mouth Tape is supposed to be really good… that’s my next experiment

I tried that despite not having specific tape for that, just bought some regular medical tape. Tried that many times and honestly did not see much difference with against without. Maybe I will try that again in the future.

Now my problem with measuring sleep is probably subliminals.
I am taking notes on what supplements I take every day with Oura ring score and sometimes I do the same regimen as before with a good score. However, my sleep often differs and I think it is due to subliminals and how they are processed in my sleep, restlessness, etc., and therefore my sleep pattern is very much influenced by them and varies.

I actually have one as well but only use it in the winder for obvious reasons. using a weight blanket in the summer is let’s just say not fun.

But I have a thermoregulating one, so I can use it even on warmer days.

I got recommend this: https://www.withportal.com/

@ouroboros it’s highly recommended in our group/circle

Tried it once and it’s not bad for nights out.

that looks awesome. not bad for nights out? what do you mean?

1 Like

You know when you have too much red bull when you go out clubbing and can’t sleep? Yeah this would help.

Qi-gong for that, bud. I’ve done coke and fallen asleep in 15 minutes with Qi-Gong, if we’re being perfectly honest. Not that a lil l-theanine won’t help either. L-theanine counteracts caffeine directly.

I found that micro-looping this puppy at times works, and especially in periods where circumstances are getting in the way of your sleep. For me lately that thing has been temperatures around 30 Celsius indoors at night :grin: So Paragon Sleep helped me get some quality sleep in between the short spurts of waking up several times drenched in sweat :laughing:

2 Likes

@ouroboros mouth tape is definitely working for me

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder I still haven’t bought it !

1 Like

I do not have anything fancy, just bought common medical tape.

Something like this. And just taped the mouth from top to bottom.

2 Likes

Can we also expect NSE, new sleeping experience :slight_smile: ?

1 Like

Not sure yet.

1 Like

Actually, I think @Deadpool is making a good point. Sleep seems to be a HUGE determinant in health, wellness, and disease prevention.

3 Likes

That’s why I try to sleep as much as possible. Although some would probably classify that as being part of depression

2 Likes