Main Disc. Thread - Mind's Eye ZP

Autism spectrum disorder. Madara has posted in the past about how he’s struggled with Aspergers and one of the consequences of that, that I’ve seen in people I’ve known closely, is in a tendency to magnify things that are trivial to the ordinary person.

2 Likes

So, @MadaraUchiha, it seems that you have answers for everything…
I wonder how is possible that making 6 figures or more being young, as you cited as factor of intelligence, make you incapable of pick up a girl!?!?
Not an exceptional reader or programmer here!:joy:

I let you with one thought. It should not be your case. Isn’t it?

Ah. Thank you for clarifying.

1 Like

I concur. Elon’s history is quite questionable.

Here’s where we disagree. I believe the same thing about Zuckerberg and Gates. I don’t trust their stories.

18 Likes

Yes. It comes in handy too.

@SaintSovereign any thoughts on this?

1 Like

this is not accurate.

Zuckerberg and Gates are actually extremely talented business people.

these are not stories.

they are facts.

Both run publicly traded companies so everything im about to say is easily verifiable.

Zuckerberg bought Instagram for 1 billion in 2012.

Instagram alone today is worth over 100 billion making that acquisition easily one of the best in the history of the world.

Bill gates while negotiating with much older and more experienced executives somehow convinced IBM to make windows their exclusive operating system when IBM launched their first personal computer.

This decision eventually led to IBM’s downfall and Microsoft dominance for now more then 30 years.

again, this is all publicly available information as both Microsoft and Facebook are publicly traded companies.

If Zuckerberg and gates have never done anything else just this alone makes them both all time great business minds.

Elon musk on the other hand has never achieved anything even 1% as impressive as either these 2 examples.

EDIT:

And to be clear, im not even giving Gates enough credit for how genius his outmaneuvering of IBM was. if you read the whole story. its at least twice as impressive im making it sound.

For example, at the time IBM announced they would join the personal computer war, IBM was basically the most powerful company in the world and Microsoft at the time was still a small outfit closer to a startup.

I would go as far as to say that Gates outmaneuvering of at the time the biggest company in the world while so young is maybe the greatest display of business strategy in the last 50 years.

Elon Musk has never done anything even 1% as impressive as Gates single handedly outsmarting IBM the way he did.

3 Likes

Where can one find this story?

Zuckerberg stole the idea for Facebook from twins Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss. They paid him to create a website called Harvard Connection / ConnectU, and Zuckerberg took their money and created “The Facebook” instead. The twins later successfully sued Zuckerberg for $65 million. Zuckerberg also cheated his best friend and first investor, Eduardo Saverin, out of his equity in Facebook and tried to strip him of co-founder status. He too, successfully sued Facebook for this and was awarded a settlement, as well as having his status as co-founder restored. These story were researched and outlined in the book “The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook.” This book was later adapted by Aaron Sorkin in the award-winning film, “The Social Network.”

Facebook didn’t take off until Peter Thiel (co-founder of PayPal) made a half-million investment into the company and offered his resources. In other words, Zuckerberg was paid to produce a product and instead stole the money AND the idea, cheated his friend and first investor out of his share, took his stolen idea to billionaire Peter Thiel, and only after that person invested (which meant Zuck could hire actual talent) did Facebook take off.

Nope. Not a “build my business with hard work” situation.

As for Gates? His father was a multimillionaire who was a partner in the 12th largest law firm in the United States at one point. His mother, another entrepreneur, was friends with the then CEO of IBM (they served on the same executive board at United Way). Microsoft was founded in 1975 and went public in '86, making Gates a billionaire in just 9 years.

I bet if my parents had that kind of background, my businesses would be larger too. Sorry, ya’ll – I respect the products they made, but I won’t call them business geniuses.

I’ll take a Mark Cuban or Warren Buffett any day over them. Notable mentions: Howard Schultz (Starbucks), who grew up in a group home for poor kids, or Larry Ellison (Oracle) who grew up middle class.

26 Likes

Absolutely. I didn’t want to derail the thread further but seeing Zuck and Gates mentioned as the positive guys in contrast to Musk is quite ironic.

All 3 of them used questionable business tactics to succeed.
You could say “that’s just business life” but I disagree. Many have succeeded without being a straight ass.

Also, not even counting the fact that Gates has actively been trying to kill off a lot of people because he thinks overpopulation is a thing (which it isn’t).

4 Likes

what does any of this have to do with what i said?

i specifically said to forget everything else Zuckerberg might or might not have done…

just buying instagram for 1 billion in 2012 is easily one of the greatest business moves of all time given that today instagram is worth over 100 billion…

you completely ignore this fact and instead point out that he stole facebook’s idea from someone else…how is that relevant in any way to his brilliant foresight in buying instagram?

I never claimed zuckerberg was a good person or anything like that…my point was and remains that he is easily one of the smartest business minds of his generation just on his acquisition of instagram alone.

1 Like

again, you completely ignore the facts i stated and instead use that cliche " his parents where rich so nothing he does matter"

what does any of this have to do with the fact that a bill gates in his 20s completelly outmaneuvered the largest company in the world setting up a chain of events that single handedly led to microsofts current conitinued dominance and IMB’s downfall.

how does the fact that his parents where rich in any way invalidate the fact that he outsmarted IBM in setting up one of the shrewdest business deals ever?

1 Like

is this a joke?

you are aware that warrens buffet dad was a senator right?

and Mark Cuban?

what?

Mark Cuban is a joke in the finance industry.

we all laugh when we see him on shark tank.

why?

because Mark Cuban made his money by selling broadcast.com to yahoo in one of the worst and dumbest purchases ever.

Anyone who works in finance laughs at the idea that Mark Cuban is a smart investor when he literally made his money because yahoo got caught up in the madness of the .com bubble when all these internet companies where massively overvalued.

Chris Sacca who is actually a genius investor even made fun of Mark Cuban to his face when he was a guest judge on shark tank by telling him right there on the show “Mark watching your thought process on this show, i wonder how you ever became a billionaire”…

Mark Cuban is one of the luckiest people ever NOT a smart businessperson

2 Likes

that is absolutely NOT my point

let me be extra clear

I said gates and Zuckerberg are extremely talented business people

being a good business person does not necessarily mean you are a good person; these are 2 separate subjects.

why are you making this connection?

Elon musk is basically the male version of the kardashians; he is a talentless person who for some mysterious reason is extremely good at drawing media attention to himself.

Zuckerberg and gates are actually good at their job…they are brilliant and extremely shrewd business people

1 Like

Okay okay, why are you getting so worked up over what other people think about other people?

8 Likes

A little update on mind’s eye ZP:

• my vision is changing, the way I see the world, there’s an incredible amount of fascination present.

• time feels… non linear? It’s difficult to explain, but it’s like, I sense it differently, and what’s more fascinating is the fact that I feel like I can perceive some sequence of actions’ end results, but not with my eyes, if that makes sense.

• I think I found my personal visualization technique, where I try to visualize with my eyes open, by forcing the visualization to happen as if I’m in an augmented reality world. I really want to see if I can literally put myself inside a visualization though :stuck_out_tongue:

@SaintSovereign updated you in the PM as well.

12 Likes

Fascination with what?

1 Like

Everything.
How things work.
How things are structured.
How colors pop.
How grey most of my country is, making it look dull.
How aesthetically pleasing I look when I see myself in the mirror.

Everything.

It’s like I have new sets of eyes, with extremely enhanced vision.

9 Likes

I see. Thank you for elaborating.

3 Likes

Being extremely good at drawing media attention is a talent though.

1 Like