Main Disc. Thread - HERO Origins: Sage and a Blade (Now Available! Q Core for Customs Available!)

I know you’re joking, but this is one of the best meditations. It has a way of cutting through the BS to what is truly important to you.

Are you hesitating to clean your room?

Meditate on your death and imagine your family having to come to sort your stuff.

What experience do you want them to have?

Do you want them to find a neat place where it’s easy to clean and pack up your stuff? Or do you want them to be disgusted by your living conditions?

2 Likes

I completely agree that meditation on your mortality is essential for development.

And I like aspects of your analogy of leaving a clean room. It echoes the concept – if I’m remembering correctly, it’s been awhile since reading Hagakure – that a samurai should have all of his affairs in order as if he’d die that same day.

A samurai needed to be prepared to do what needed doing, even if it meant his death. (Not that I agree with all samurai customs.)

It was a level of responsibility and accountability that doesn’t seem to be common. Especially not among people who don’t consider their own inevitable deaths.

That said, and I can’t stress this enough…

…if there’s a dead guy walking around, it’s 100% a zombie. :wink:

3 Likes

Hero Results:

9 Likes

So I had space for a third sub with NR and Khan St3 and since i’ve been meditating on my fear of failing for the past few weeks, I decided to go for it.

A bit of background, i’ve had many messages through dreams in my life, and while I don’t maintain a journal, I do remember the ongoing patterns. One pattern that has been consistent since childhood is me finding myself in a scary/dangerous situation and running. As a child i used to have many dreams running away from something in the dark, the associated feelings were always fear.

The frequency of those dreams reduced quite a bit as a grew up, but would still have them rarely. But never had a dream where I willingly would step ahead to face the challenge even knowing this would mean my end.

Ran one loop before going to bed last night, and in 36 years of my existence, for the first time I had a dream where I faced two of my fears and in one of them even stepped ahead to face it all on my own so my friends and family can run to safety.

I woke up feeling reborn, not happy, not sad, a bit tired and disoriented but almost like my reality has been shifted internally. I feel something has changed, but I feel very drained, at the same time I do feel a sense of love within. It also gave me wisdom that you never eliminate fear, you just cultivate love so strong that it fuels your drive to face any adversity for the ones you love.

Thank you for this sub, I have struggled with the old reality since childhood and it has kept me from achieving so many things in my life.

9 Likes

Do you guys know the one about the samurai and the tea master?

If you don’t, it’s worth taking a few minutes to read. It’s a take on facing death/fear, which seems to be par for the course along the Hero’s journey.

(I haven’t listened to the audio. Reading it was faster.)

3 Likes

Hero/Muay Thai custom results:

I didn’t think it was possible to improve so rapidly, thanks @SaintSovereign and @Fire for this amazing program.

14 Likes

From yesterday’s session:

6 Likes

People were saying Khan St1 is hard and may cause intense recon… I sailed through that but Hero… now this sub really breaks you down before it builds you up. Trying to ride through the recon 🥲

6 Likes

Noticed a heightened dexterity and awareness when manipulating a blade today…

I was in the kitchen, about to slice into a chunk of tri-tip with my trusty chef’s knife, and something came over me: I had to see how easily I could manipulate the orientation of the blade using only one hand.

So, I spent a good few minutes intimidating the hell out of that tri-tip as I worked up to a decent transition speed while incorporating some dynamic movement.

What stood out to me was how fast I got comfortable with it: being able to clearly notice the minute finger placements that would change the rotation of the blade more easily, and not being worried about slicing a finger off after a few rotations.

Not a normal part of my training to manipulate chef’s knives…it was fun.

9 Likes

For real bro, the same stuff happened to me as well.

That short kitchen knife felt real comfortable.

I stopped HERO now, so the effect happened only once fr me

5 Likes

Do you do swordfighting?
And if so, a Japanese style, a European style or something completely different?

1 Like

A Japanese style

1 Like

So, I finally got around to training today – grabbed the shinai and started practicing the forms that I remembered. Uhhh, I haven’t done this in about 5 years, and I remember everything – all the nuances, and I looked better than I did when I first trained kenjutsu some 15 years ago.

That being said, I’m being drawn to Kali and / or Wing Chun because I really want to try the sensitivity drills like chi sao.

9 Likes

I missed the physical strength and durability part of this before :slight_smile:

@SaintSovereign is there anything like the physical strength, durability, awareness in this sub that could be used as modules in a custom or a separate physical only title ?

2 Likes

I think the SPS and APS modules. We’re actually about to start sunsetting some of the modules (don’t be worried, they will still be updated just not sold) so we’re can reevaluate everything based upon the needs of the current customer base.

In the past, I was worried about people abusing modules like enhanced strength to terrorize your public (hence why we paired them with the virtue scripting in HERO Origins), but with the New Subliminal Experience style scripting, we can mitigate that.

12 Likes

IMG_5220

4 Likes

An honest review of HeO after 2 cycles based on the goals:

Review
7 Likes

That the current versions will be eliminated in favor of improved ones? Are the SPS or APS modules going?

1 Like

I don’t know, but all the existing modules will continue to be upgraded indefinitely. Right now, it’s just very confusing due to the number of options. And after our meetings yesterday, we decided that we may still sell them, they’ll just be in an archive category.

6 Likes

What do you mean we can’t build customs with physical shifting anymore?