Main Disc. Thread - Beyond Limitless Ultima

Do you feel that you could get inside the characters in your novels?

Hello,
I listened for the first time to Beyond Ultima, my first subliminal here.
I’m really happy as I have more energy, little intrusive thoughts and I feel like more intelligence and mental skills.
I feel better overall too which is a surprise because I expected just mental skills.
It’s strange but I feel more effects some hours later to the listening.

1 Like

I do think it has that potential, although I’ll have to wait to see what happens when I use it again next. Because with writing I tend to have events happen in the outer world that are a reflection of the novel, after a few bad experiences in that area I’ve been cautious about getting into it again. I was writing the section about Damien confronting his own mortality after the death of his friend right as my friend and muse for the novel died of cancer, she passed into the other world right after I’d sent the finished section to them and told them I hoped they were doing okay. Then with writing or rereading sections of his loss in relationships, I experienced some of the same in myself. Given that this is a series of novels where the main character becomes a superhero by the end of Book 3, it might be worthwhile exploring that. But there are less savoury characters I have to write like Jamie Snow and her sexual torture of Damien which I’d rather not have showing up in reality :wink: so I’ll have to get that manifestation aspect under control before I go too far into that…

1 Like

Look’s like your Mind’s Eye is working well…

2 Likes

It’d be nice if it were all Minds Eye, but at least two of these rather freaky parallels occurred before I even started listening to Emperor, back last year before I joined the forum. One event involved one of the guys Seamus (Damien’s drug dealer and spiritual brother) was based on. I wrote a rather heavy scene where Damien breaks into Seamus’ apartment via his fire stairs to see if he was okay after the events of Book 1 unfolding, and finding blood on the wall, not knowing whether it was Seamus’ blood or the attacker’s. Eventually by following directions the two of them had pre-arranged Damien discovers Seamus escaped and is headed north.

After writing that section, it turned out one of the two guys I based the character on had been stabbed by an ex-gf in a drug fueled rage, his blood had gotten on the wall, and he had fled north to another state.

That was about the point I started to realize something was going on :wink: did I pick up on his future, did I help to manifest it, or neither? Who knows. Either way, I thought twice about basing characters in the books off people I knew in real life at that point :stuck_out_tongue:

I shudder to think how good my Minds Eye is now, perhaps thats why I didn’t have much reconciliation at all with the T^2 version.

2 Likes

As you’re writing these scenes what is your sensory experience of the scenes like? For example, how much is visual, how much a direct ‘knowing’, and so on? What is your subjective experience of your Mind’s Eye in the writing process?

2 Likes

That’s a good question. So we don’t derall the BLU thread with this I’m going to create a separate topic to continue the discussion.

This was the fun one that hit nice and hard, right? I think I’ll give it a shot. In advance, forgive me if I temporarily no longer believe in “there are no stupid questions.” :slight_smile:

For those of you with VR, run Beyond Limitless and then play Beat Saber. :rofl:

3 Likes

Instructions unclear, dick stuck in toaster

6 Likes

@SaintSovereign I got Beat Saber on the Quest and Beyond Limitless, have to try it out! can you describe what happened for you? bullet time like in Matrix? :slight_smile:

I guess it takes quite some time reaching your level since you are doing 4 loops of BLU which would make my head explore :smiley:

I beat “Be There For You” on Expert Plus after doing practice mode for about 20 minutes, lol.

3 Likes

:sweat_smile: Expert Plus is realllly hard. Best I can do is Expert and only a few songs at this stage. What effect does BLU have on you during beat saber?

Jeez i can only imagine what BLU and gaming mastery would do for someone playing some competitive shooters like CoD or Halo lol

1 Like

I watched some high level Beat Saber on youtube and don’t see how those people do it without BLU

@SaintSovereign Can you possibly give a bit of details as to what Executive will be intended to do?

I should have some time today and plan to run two to four loops of BLU. Working on getting my analytical thinking back on track

It’s literally just… “get up and GO GO GO.”

6 Likes

@SaintSovereign Cool. Just what I need with how much I often have to do in a day and how much I am relied upon

Look at the Ultima Stage 1 (A) journals to see the effect it was having on them.

3 Likes