Main Dev. Thread - Spartan: Apex Warrior and The Legacy

I’ve never understood how or why people think sending angry messages helps get what they want.

5 Likes

Keep up the hard work really appreciate all the efforts you are putting in to these subs and also you take on board what your customers want out of the subs

4 Likes

Immature behaviour and “blaming parent projections for not delivering what you promised, Ma & Pa” re-directed to Saint and Fire. Nothing else :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi SaintSovereign, one question. I’ve read that you use an iPhone (can’t remember which model now), I looked it up and it has 2 speakers. I’m using a OnePlus 6 which only has one speaker. Will the subs be adversely affected if I play through the speaker? Because of this concern, I’ve been using earbuds connected to the phone while I sleep, and it’s not very comfortable.

2 Likes

With Spartan New Dawn, yes, one speaker could hurt you. Should be fine with just Spartan, though.

2 Likes

Interested in public testing? Please point your attention to: Main Testing Thread - Spartan New Dawn Alternative Usage

2 Likes

Fire thanks for your efforts for getting Spartan up for us all. Looking foreward to trying this bad boy right now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Good News:

SPARTAN has arrived. It should be available NOW in your downloads. If not, send me a PM or an e-mail. @Fire and I are so excited to see how this performs, especially Spartan New Dawn. We’re already working on newer versions of New Dawn and it’s POSSIBLE that we’ll release an updated version of Spartan New Dawn in the next two weeks. Enjoy!

The Bad News:

We had some technical issues regarding The Legacy. It’s going to be delayed 2 - 3 days. We could release tonight, but it’s not our way to release bad products. We’d rather deal with the backlash than to give you terrible service. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

10 Likes

Rather wait for a great product then get a not finished product

2 Likes

I ran the masked for 5 loops. I have been very snappy and angry since running Emperor. Spartan i believe helps you channel that anger into gym, boxing. I felt an urge to burn myself out completely at the gym today.

3 Likes

Ok Cool. I was wondering where The Legacy was in my downloads. No worries. I’ll just listen to Spartan in the meantime. Thanks for everything you do.

1 Like

I am all for the development of this new tech. One issue comes up from this discussion of two speakers vs. one. Many users need to do some, much or all of their listening using what is often a single tiny speaker on a cell phone. If New Dawn as a tech requires two speakers, will there be a version created that is optimized for one speaker listening scenarios?

Thanks.

3 Likes

I use a phone speaker, is it more effective if I buy a physical speaker and use it or can I continue to use my phone speaker

New Dawn shouldn’t require two speakers, though it MAY function better if you do use two. We haven’t tested that yet. The current version of New Dawn (like you’d find in Spartan New Dawn) does not require two speakers.

1 Like

I use the phone speaker from my iPhone XR. You should be fine for now.

1 Like

Let’s just all get decent speakers and ear buds. New Dawn and our success are matters too serious to quibble about.

2 Likes

Easier said than done for some and if having only a phone speaker to do your listening were your situation it would not be quibbling.

That is where at least some users are and if the subs can be used with the speakers included with phones it makes getting more listening time in easier.

I know there are many situations where putting in an earbud or attaching to a speaker is not possible. At that point the phone speaker is the only option.

Flexibilty is something worthwhile to possess.

My take is that if the tech can be optimized for lesser gear it becomes useful for a wider range of people, and thus can help more people, leading to greater profit for the makers. Requiring higher quality gear simply leaves people out and reduces profit overall.

1 Like

It maybe not be the most practical, but I use my headphone as speakers for the ultrasonic. It may be a great temporarily alternative for people who already have headphones but no stereo speakers. This way you get stereo sound. Besides that most headphones have an high enough upper range(Unless they are very cheap).

1 Like

What are some examples of these situations? I can’t think of any.

1 Like

At work, I can have it going through a speaker some of the time, but if I am walking around it is bad form to have an earbud in.

Driving, when you are listening to something else but you’d also like to have the subliminal running in the background from the phone.

In a situation where you need to be listening or paying close attention to sounds around you. Like moving around in traffic, etc. and you don’t want a device in your ear.

If I am traveling it is a hassle to bring a speaker along and I cannot sleep with headphones or something in or on my ear as it is uncomfortable and earbuds fall out if you roll around. It is very simple to run the track from the phone on the nightstand.

Plus, the simpler the solution, generally the better. It is good to be able to listen with the phone because you always have it. One needs to get in the habit of constantly bringing earbuds and in most situations a speaker is a hassle to cart around.

2 Likes