Main Dev. Thread - Power Can Corrupt (Now Available!)

Just that Saint mentioned there were scripting hooks for Khan etc, will that still work once you’ve moved on from Khan?

Maybe I’m just overthinking it. :slight_smile: Ultimately it’s just new programming that’ll integrate with existing programming so it probably doesn’t matter.

3 Likes

Same for me. But then I dislike the name “Khan” as well. :blush:

My names, in order of preference:
Diplomat
Politician
Dark Triad
The Red Pill
Power of The Dark Side
Pimp

The idea is for the name is to attract attention of those who want those skills, and repel those who don’t.
I find the reminder unnecessary, because the script will take care of that. :+1:

5 Likes

Politician may attract too many people that actually like the dark side. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Simon i like your ideas “Pimp” is a.great title. Keep those ideas flowing.

3 Likes

Main title. You can run it as a standalone, but it’ll work much better when used within the context of a larger goal, like making money. That means it’s best used when paired with another major title.

The stack modules pretty much needed a major title to function at all.

7 Likes

Yes. It just works best when you’re in a situation where power dynamics come into play, hence why it pairs well with certain titles. It’s like a good steak paired with red wine.

5 Likes

There’s very little in the script preventing you from becoming manipulative. There’s scripting to urge balance, but you know we don’t push agendas. All we can do is provide a tool and hope people will be positive. Hence, the reminder.

8 Likes

I was just going to suggest that.

Absolute Power

3 Likes

Well, Laws of Success is taken by Mr. Hill. Maybe Personal Power. Or Intrinsic Power. Now I’m just throwing out words…

Something I sporadically come back to. Star Wars emphasizes the Light and Dark side so much, but isn’t the balance between the two much more powerful? The universe always strives for balance in all things. Without evil, there would be no good. Creation and destruction go hand in hand. Life begets death and death begets life. Even our planet resides in the Goldilocks Zone. So why not find a balance between the light and the dark? I remember playing that way in Knights of the Old Republic.

I know it’s off-topic, but Saint opened the door:

Anyways…

Cool, I get to quote myself quoting someone else, there’s a brainfreeze for ya…

Oh, and Simon, just so you know, we don’t like to be called Pimps. It’s diminishes the crapload of work that it takes to be stuck with so many women so many hours of the day. Especially considering how women in close proximity tend to synchronize their time of the month. They actually start talking to us about female topics that men should never have to hear. Please, call us Management. Capital M. The girls can call us Daddy. :wink:

6 Likes
2 Likes

They should make a sub that gives you the Tony Robbins mindset. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Time frames for release?

2 Likes

Read, young Padawan.

3 Likes

I would consider this ‘Required Listening.’ Will it include scripts for recognising deceptive body language? If you make it gender neutral and open to any age, that would be gold.

5 Likes

Interesting idea. Tagging @Fire for consideration.

The nature of this script doesn’t require us to put any masculinity cultivation in it, so because of that, anyone should be able to run it. Anyone 18+ that is.

8 Likes

Imagine if children would always know when their caretakers and teachers were manipulating them or lying to them. The world would never be the same.

4 Likes

@DarkPhilosopher, I was thinking the same about children. But SaintSovereign already said 18+. On the flip side, I suppose it’s a lot of power to be put in a minor’s mind. They could abuse it and manipulate others. Not good.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, they already use manipulative powers. Less refined, but nonetheless effective.

Now if you were to teach cats this stuff…

4 Likes

It would be nice to have a “forgiveness” sub :thinking: :thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

@SaintSovereign @Fire

I think @Shogun is bringing up a very important (and perhaps subtle) point.

I think an implication is that although we as ones listening to Power Can Corrupt can avoid certain temptations, what if “someone” tries to direct our abilities for their own harmful ends? That “someone” would probably use deception.

They could use memes, or appeal to some noble ideal, or even try to imply our deepest values are connected to what ends they wish to achieve.

I realize there might be safeguards already implemented in other programs or even this one, such as healing and clearing, as well as eliminating/preventing negative manifestations. However I tend to think that it’s best to have redundancies. I’d prefer multiple layers of protection.

Power can be abused directly or indirectly. By oneself, or by “someone” recruiting a third party so that “someone” can disavow responsibility or involvement. I think one way of delivering us from evil can results in we as conscientious individuals avoiding temptation, as well as being as wise as serpents and yet as harmless as doves, and to be careful of others who might have malice on their agendas. (Yes I know this is an approximation of Matthew 10:16, 17.)

2 Likes