Main Dev. Thread - Power Can Corrupt (Now Available!)

And you’ll become homeless and run around in tights in the process! :wink:

4 Likes

This is pretty crazy. I was thinking of this exact concept the other day. I was raised with a good set of morals and both my parents raised me to be a compassionate understanding person. But damn, when that’s all you get it leaves you wide open for the assholes of this world. It’s like going into a battle completely blind, guerilla warfare on a psychological level. It’s all well and good when you get to a point where you don’t take shit from people, but that’s usually in response to blatant forms of manipulation. The more subtle underhanded tactics? Those are definitely the ones you have to watch out for and unfortunately that’s rarely something you learn growing up. Or if you do it’s on an intuitive gut level, which is all well and good but sometimes you need to know why.

6 Likes

I would like to suggest a name for this tittle - “Integrity”, just my 2 cents…

2 Likes

Why not call it “Infinite Power” or “Aura of the Immortals”

3 Likes

Geez, who cares what it’s called.

But …

… seriously?

4 Likes

I humbly suggest the name of this sub be “Goodhearted Thanos”.

5 Likes

My vote goes with True Will as suggested above, if I can’t go with Badass Motherfucker. :grin:

6 Likes

I like BadArse Motherfucker.

Guys these are all great names keep sharing your ideas. That way we can help Fire and Sovereign market a more bad arse product.

3 Likes

How about “The Armour of God” ?

2 Likes

The Power

I personally like short name titles

5 Likes

Power can corrupt fits this title

2 Likes

This is hilarious, if it were up to me, keep the suggestions coming.

Do keep in mind however that Saint and Fire likely did some thinking about the title and everybody second guessing them may not be the most pleasant experience, no matter how alpha they are. Just saying…

I know I’m doing it myself here, but I do like @Cordy’s Integrity. It fits the single-word titles and sounds more catchy and powerful. If I were browsing the store, Integrity would pull me in, Power Can Corrupt would make me curious to read the description, but would somewhat make me keep my distance (no idea why, I’m listening to my gut here, I felt like that the moment the title became known). Of course, integrity or honor doesn’t cover the entire scope of the sub, I can’t think of anything that does, really. Unless you want to go the obvious route and call it The Laws of Power.

6 Likes

Trying to get us sued? Lol.
We’re not offended by people discussing alternative names, I find it interesting. It’s unlikely the name will change, though.

5 Likes

Sued, why? I didn’t say there were 48 of them. :slight_smile:

I considered The Laws of Integrity, Power and Integrity/Honor, but they don’t feel right. Even considered Integral Power. Although “integral” has nothing to do with integrity, it would mean making power your own. Oh, well. This too shall pass, I can always rename the file if it makes me uncomfortable.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s not a bad thing to feel a bit uncomfortable. The 48 Laws straddle the line between good/bad morality. Getting too comfortable with the whole idea may be the path to temptation.

Personally I’m intrigued by this. I’ll definitely use it.

3 Likes

I read the Laws. And listened to the audiobook. I also read Machiavelli. And Cialdini’s Influence.

Believe me, as a student of psychology and anthropology in the context of human behavior and evolution (quite the mouthful), I am actually quite familiar with many of the methods and have used them to “guide” others, 80% of the time in a way where both parties got better, 18% they didn’t get any worse. As for the last 2%, unfortunately we live in a society where sometimes it is necessary to put others at a disadvantage if it achieves a greater good. Even if I may not be the best person to judge what the greater good actually is. I do the best I can to be the best person I can be while still conforming to the societal rules that govern our age to avoid becoming an outcast.

Even though I’m not the most avid believer, I do like to consider every so often that just in case there actually is such a thing as a Heaven and I were to show up there, would they say they were proud of what I had done with the life I was given?

Anyways, I’m getting way too heavy. I’m looking forward to this one (even though I say that every time). It is one thing to consciously understand the rules, quite another to integrate them. If a sub can do so without changing your core personality, I’m all for it.

5 Likes

Personally I like the title. It serves as a constant reminder.

2 Likes

Given this is designed to pair with Khan, Emperor etc, I’ve got a couple of questions.

1. Is this actually a stacking module or a main title? I looked in this thread but didn’t see it specified, but may have just missed it.
  2. Will this pairing still work well if you’ve gone through Khan/Emperor/etc and moved on, or is it really designed to be run at the same time?

Either way I’ll be on Alchemist when this comes out. That might be an interesting combination.

3 Likes

It sounds like a stacking module to me. And by your second question you mean if you were to run it on its own after you’ve “completed” Khan and its siblings?

On Alchemist you may perceive the energetic effect people like that have on you. How they compress your energetic field, try to overwhelm it in an effort to exhibit control over you. People on Khan would simply feel uncomfortable or threatened, you would sense why since your perception has broadened.

Good question though. Saint, Major Program or Stacking Module?

4 Likes

Sovereign how about “Absolute Power” or “The 1%”

5 Likes