Main Dev. Thread - 12

12: It’'s the thing you didn’t know you needed until you found out it existed.

Coming to an Internet connection near you.

Or is it the thing you never needed before you found out it existed, but now you can’t go on without it? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Share the intel I know you have it

1 Like

Executive?

The 12 Executive Functions:

1. Emotional Control:
    The ability to manage emotions in order to achieve goals, complete tasks, or control and direct behavior. A young child with this skill is able to recover from a disappointment in a short time. A teenager is able to manage the anxiety of a game or test and still perform.

2. Flexibility:
    The ability to revise plans in the face of obstacles, setbacks, new information or mistakes. It relates to an adaptability to changing conditions. A young child can adjust to a change in plans without major distress. A high school student can accept an alternative such as a different job when the first choice is not available.

3. Goal-directed persistence:
    The capacity to have a goal, follow through to the completion of the goal, and not be put off by or distracted by competing interests. A first grader can complete a job in order to get to recess. A teenager can earn and save money over time to buy something of importance.

4. Metacognition:
    The ability to stand back and take a birds-eye view of oneself in a situation. It is an ability to observe how you problem solve. It also includes self-monitoring and self-evaluative skills (e.g., asking yourself, “How am I doing? or How did I do?”). A young child can change behavior is response to feedback from an adult. A teenager can monitor and critique her performance and improve it by observing others who are more skilled.

5. Organization:
    The ability to create and maintain systems to keep track of information or materials. A young child can, with a reminder, put toys in a designated place. An adolescent can organize and locate sports equipment.

6. Planning/Prioritization:
    The ability to create a roadmap to reach a goal or to complete a task. It also involves being able to make decisions about what’s important to focus on and what’s not important. A young child, with coaching, can think of options to settle a peer conflict. A teenager can formulate a plan to get a job.

7. Response Inhibition:
    The capacity to think before you act – this ability to resist the urge to say or do something allows us the time to evaluate a situation and how our behavior might impact it. In the young child, waiting for a short period without being disruptive is an example of response inhibition while in the adolescent it would be demonstrated by accepting a referee’s call without an argument.

8. Stress Tolerance:
    The ability to thrive in stressful situations and to cope with uncertainty, change, and performance demands. We generally reserve our discussion of this skill to adults, since it seems more relevant with this population. We find it helps people understand the kind of work environment they do best in.

9. Sustained Attention:
    The capacity to maintain attention to a situation or task in spite of distractibility, fatigue, or boredom. Completing a 5-minute chore with occasional supervision is an example of sustained attention in the younger child. The teenager is able to attend to homework, with short breaks, for one to two hours.

10. Task Initiation:
    The ability to begin projects without undue procrastination, in an efficient or timely fashion. A young child is able to start a chore or assignment right after instructions are given. A high school student does not wait until the last minute to begin a project.

11. Time Management:
    The capacity to estimate how much time one has, how to allocate it, and how to stay within time limits and deadlines. It also involves a sense that time is important. A young child can complete a short job within a time limit set by an adult. A high school student can establish a schedule to meet task deadlines.

12. Working Memory:
    The ability to hold information in memory while performing complex tasks. It incorporates the ability to draw on past learning or experience to apply to the situation at hand or to project into the future. A young child, for example can hold in mind and follow 1-2 step directions while the middle school child can remember the expectations of multiple teachers.

10 Likes

12 Monkeys?

1 Like

http://realneville.com/txt/the_twelve_disciples.htm

And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease." Matt.10:1.

The twelve disciples represent the twelve qualities of mind which can be controlled and disciplined by man. If disciplined they will at all times obey the command of the one who has disciplined them.

3 Likes

12 is going to be great.

Maybe Saint has indian ancestry :smile:

I think he is making Sadar jokes BAARRAH BIAJE :wink: What do you think indian people ? :slight_smile:

Saint: At this point if we just throw out a number, really any number I bet they’ll go crazy and create a universe of theories, maybe even some good ideas for future new subs. Should we use 42, @DarkPhilosopher seems to like that one. Something to do with the answer to the universe.

Fire: 12

Saint: 12 it is

3 Likes

Executive 12

damn sounds like a hitman name hahaha i like it

1 Like

Oh, not everyone has so much time to think about crazy theories. Maybe 12 is the first half of 4-digit lottery that Saint has predicted will win the buyer 1 million bucks.

On point! Good marketing …

Actually its just a gimmic so SC can get a higher search rank in google. Each time you google 12 you will be sent to the SC forum :slight_smile:

What do indian people thonk of BAARRAH BIAJE :):rofl:

@rajeshwer please answer hahahaha

1 Like

And when released, my previous post may very well come true.

Hint: it’s not a 12-core processor. :slight_smile:

I actually joked to Saint about this 2 days ago.

An SEO skills sub. That would be hilarious. Unfortunately I believe any search term under three characters won’t work.

6 Likes

I’ve been hoping 12 to be inspired by the 12 Laws of Magick, Universal Laws, Laws of Nature – whatever you may call them.

Does Frater Xavier have anything to do with this? https://gumroad.com/l/laws11

For the grace of God, let’s hope so. A program comparable to Power Can Corrupt, Weapon X technology to have you unconsciously use and understand these Laws would totally shake the entire Subliminal Community. It’ll increase subliminal manifestation in ways which are currently unimaginable. The flow of Nature cannot be overseen, it’s the way through which subliminal’s become manifested and the scripts there of.

If this is really the case, then I must admit it’ll be the most effective program at enhancing all compartments of your life. It is beyond comprehension of the human intellect; the law of polarity on itself out-competes Power Can Corrupt in all areas of life, not to mention all of the other laws.

But who knows, I might be wrong, nonetheless I have a strong feeling it might just be that. :astonished:

7 Likes

@TheBoxingScientist - LOL. Anil Kapoor told me that 12 means “1 2 ka 4, 4 2 ka 1”. So yes, there is 42 in it too! dan Dan DANNNNN!

Hint #2: Hermit and his feelings will likely be disappointed. This time. :wink:

EDIT: Technically it’s hint #3, as the first one was in the meme.

So my guess would be the Executive. But if it’s (allegedly) free, why the need to make a thread like this? So really, my guess is I don’t know.

Do you know if there will be any announcement soon :v:

Last I heard Saint is still shouting at the walls to test if they shout back. Once he’s fully satisfied the studio is no longer haunted, there should be a release and announcement. My guess is due to the nature of 12 the release and announcement will happen together.

It shouldn’t be too long, all depends on whether or not we can catch him and tie him to his desk long enough so he can do all the clicking on the store.

12 will make a lot of people happy though. And create a lot of questions too.

3 Likes