Looking for Resources on Business

Hello I am soon ending my EoG st1 and I am in the process of creating a new online business that sells digital art products such as downloads and courses that focus on personal growth and drawing skills.

I remember that Saint shared some of his sources on business and wealth in this post that I stumbled across :

I went through it, I learnt a lot.

I am a little sceptical about many people on social media and YouTube when it comes to their content on wealth. Many seem like they are selling a dream or try to get money out of you through some private lessons they offer. Its challenging to be able to tell who is providing true value and who is just talking to get people to listen to them.

I want to grow my knowledge as I move forward on this journey.

I wanted to ask @Forum_Ambassadors
whether they have any useful resources or knowledge to share for those who want to grow online businesses here.

Other members are ofcourse welcome to share as well.

10 Likes

Honestly I’d ask @Hoppa @Azriel @BLACKICE

5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

@AlexanderGraves please see above.

2 Likes

@ouroboros @Monarch

1 Like

What kind of business?

You should check out Alex Hormozi on YouTube

2 Likes

I don’t have my own online business
But agreed with @ouroboros Alex Hormozi has some great stuff.
@AlexanderGraves has an online business that does well I believe.

1 Like

There’s 1000’s of hours of learning. There’s never a scarcity of information, but good learners know how to find exactly what they need. Alex Hormozi is the only person I can think of that’s universal.

For art based businesses, as I believe you’re in art school, I would 10000% recommend “The Futur” on YouTube

Good books include

• Good To Great by Jim Collins
  • Blue Ocean Strategy, mentioned by SaintSov in the post you linked
  • lean Startup, Eric Reis
2 Likes

This 100%. Fantastic channel.

You should. Too many live paycheck to paycheck trying to sell you the dream.

It’s simple. Look at a content creator and how his/her life looks like. Is that the life you want to live, then this is your person to follow.

One big thing though: There is a narrative being pushed that all wealthy people are frugal. I think even Hormozi mentions this. Generally I have a tough time with people that are HUGELY successful, because idk, maybe I am paranoid.
Even Mike Tyson on his documentary was painted as if he was taking his trash out himself, etc.
Dude gets 20 mil per fight. He ain’t doing that himself.

Wealthy people are not frugal, they are DECISIVE with their money. Spending it intentionally. But they sure as hell spend $10k on a vacation if it helps them unwind.

I think the most legit content creators are those who put the ACTUAL advice out for free on their YT etc, and the courses are just packages versions of that, or personal coaching.
But if the free stuff is all fluff and you need to pay for the real stuff, rest assured it’s a scam :smiley:

3 Likes

Completely agree - the best content creators are people who have paid programs, and they need to get eye balls on it…

But they’ve realized they’ll only get clients if their free content is also world class.

3 Likes

What a timing! I found him just few days ago! So glad to hear suggestions on him. I’ll stick with what he offers :slight_smile:

Yes I noticed that too! It’s quite the a phenomenon although I couldn’t wrap my head around it. Thank you for clearing this out for me.

1 Like

Would have to know more about your business and what you are planning to do. I’m not familiar with selling art, but I do know how to sell online.

There are a few paid course providers I know are decent from my own experience.

Also, if you have any questions I might be able to answer, just ask.

And here’s the disclaimer: I do not try to sell you anything. If I recommend some course or book to you, I will not be making any money from it. I will also not sell you any course or consulting. I’m also not looking to do business with you, or “steal” your business ideas etc. I have my own business to run and my vision/mission.

That being said, the more I know, the more accurate answers I can give.

@IronClaws

6 Likes

@IronClaws I’ll second the recommendation for Alex Hormozi.

That being said, there is absolutely a reason people expect something in exchange for their information; it has value… Personally I’m wary of free information, as it might have far less value than it initially seems (outdated, just plain wrong, etc) which is a problem, or it’s just a tease for an actual exchange of value, which is the basis of commerce and is ok. As long as the value delivered is worth the cost. If someone has put extensive work into learning a topic well enough to teach it, and then even more time to codify it into a course or book, why shouldn’t they be compensated for that?

On to the actual recommendations. In addition to the ones previously mentioned, get a copy of these books and study them:

• Dotcom Secrets by Russell Brunson, it’s a few years old but still immensely valuable.
  • Profit First, Fix This Next, and Clockwork by Mike Michalowicz
  • Invisible Selling Machine by Ryan Deiss
  • Ask by Ryan Levesque
  • Influence and Pre-suasion by Robert Cialdini
  • Building a storybrand by Donald Miller

If you’ve got the money for it, Andre Chaperon’s courses Sphere of Influence and Autoresponder Madness are worth their weight in gold. I also recommend conversion optimization psychology courses, I did ones from ConversionXL.

The key takeaways are to understand your market - Understand their pain points/problems, goals, and motivators inside out and backward. You are not the hero in their story, they are. You’re the helpful guide, the one who helps them solve their problems and realize their goals. If you don’t know what their problems or goals are well enough, ASK THEM. Don’t create something and then look for people to sell it to, find a hungry audience, find out what they want, and sell that to them.
Then test and tweak, iterate your copy, your ads (if applicable), and your emails.

I got my former e-commerce site from a 2% conversion rate (from FB ads) to 18% by applying this process. I don’t have any screenshots to back that up like @Hoppa so feel free to take that with a grain of salt. I also have nothing to sell anyone here. @SaintSovereign probably remembers who I used to work with (not that it’s something to brag about, for a multitude of reasons…) but that’s in the past.

I hope this is useful!

5 Likes

Great list of books and courses.

Andre is great and so is CXL.

Mike Michalowicz I haven’t heard of before. Guess I’ll have to do some reading…

4 Likes

Man, this gets me pumped to build my own business. That’s some awesome results.
There’s something to that larger perspective and driving results at that scale that seems like it would be super engaging.
Really curious and looking forward to those new wealth subs. As I imagine some might be tailored for people already running business and some for building from the ground up.
I hope there is an alpha wealth generating sub. Or a wealth ‘black’ title.
True Sell black would also be a dream come true.

2 Likes

Just go with the flow. Often times if you still have the fear on you in business (which is normal) you can become reluctant to pursue of doing it. When I run EOG I go into places, look up any business, I imagine myself the what-if and how-about and the fear always haunts me in.

I stacked it with Emperor - this is like someone keeps pushing me, like talking at the back “do it”, and I replied but I don’t have this or I’m not prepared for it, it replied back “just do it”. EOG is much appropriate choice. When you have it with Emperor, its like you’re on a situation were you’re waiting for a good timing then suddenly you found yourself at the middle of the situation were you didn’t have the choice but to act on it. Same with Khan stage 3 and R.I.C.H.

I recommend to explore a lot while running EOG, there is nothing wrong if you found something bad with what others intentional make out with their business. Actually EOG can make opportunities out of everything, but mixed it with Love Bomb, it will put you on a safe side.

Make your thoughts the same with that of EOG, its important that you learned both the good and the bad side, so you become resilient on facing every business dealing later on.

2 Likes