How to deal with a fear of darkness and monster?

two days ago I visited a horror escape room. the location had 11 rooms, each with its own fearsome and creepy atmosphere and actors, and 95% of the time it was dark. in short, I screwed up like never before while completing the quest. now I have a terrible fear of the dark, because it seems to me that a spooky screamer will come out of the darkness. I am almost 21. please suggest a module or title that would help me cope with this trauma and steal my psyche so that even satan himself cannot instill even a drop of fear in me. i even not able to go to the toilet at night. never thought I would ask such a help in my life lmao.

p.s. i screwed up so much that during
the day I see various horror views. just like a reflex.

3 Likes

To be honest my advice might seem like a bad idea but if I was you that’s what I would do. I would do it again and again (The escape room) until your desensitized to it (Like a mentioned might not be the brightest idea but that’s what I would do). That’s how cops do for scary situation (My friends a cop so I learn that the more you know aha).

It’s the same way the first time you play a horror game your terrified and scared but the more and more you play horror games the more your use to it and the less it scares you and the less fear you have.

3 Likes

As you think back to that experience in the horror escape room, the things you remember, I bet there’s something about them that seems outlandishly big, right?

Like a big scary movie in your head, or a loud sound that goes with it?

Whatever aspect you remember about it that’s big, just shrink it down. Make the movie smaller, turn down the volume of the sounds, and so on.

Do that over and over as quick as you can. Any time you think ofit, just shrink it down FAST.

3 Likes

I don’t want to go this place anymore to see black ghost’s face just in front of me and hearing his scream so my hear beat would accelerate 10x times, but thank you! perhaps later, but not now. now i need a healing from all this shit :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

yeah, the sounds and actors’ outfit were scary af. they were so natural that i couldn’t understand this is only a game.

like if demon’s picture comes into my mind, i make the picture small? if i hear that scream, i turn down the volume?

Make the picture small. Drain it of any color (that helps sometimes)
turn down the volume
or speed the tempo of the volume so it sounds like a chipmunk. Much harder to be scared of something when it’s suddenly funny as fuck.

3 Likes

Totally unhelpful response to the query.

1 Like

i know. i’m 20. i didn’t expect that from
myself. the thoughts i had before the quest were like “this would be funny, let’s try it”. i’m a little bit shocked from such an outcome from my side.

1 Like

I mean no harm, am just kinda teasing him you know.

I get it. But teasing isn’t helpful in this case.

1 Like

seems like it works. thank you, will do this all
the time.

1 Like

You don’t need to do it all the time. Do it now. Bring that stuff up and shift it.
It’s a very modified version of the NLP Fast Phobia Cure. Richard Bandler did something similar with Michael Strahan on TV to help him beat his irrational fear of snakes.

1 Like

This is actually not funny, I think this is related to deep fears from Childhood or even horror movies.

2 Likes

will DR or Regeneration help to cope with such deep fears?

1 Like

movies Paranormal Activity and The Grudge messed me up too back in the day lol.

3 Likes

Dragon Reborn will help with all this issues no matter what.

1 Like

Fear of the dark is a very primal fear.

@Palpatine posted activities that have helped many people.

As for modules, did you want a custom or a program from the main shop?

1 Like

Tricky

Work on yourself to become strong, so the you become what the darkness and monsters fear.
Not necessary become batman, but befriend the darkness.

1 Like

As for modules, I’d go with Steadfast, Ares, and maybe Sanguine core. Spartan may help with that too.
Also, expose yourself to the darkness and whatever else scares you as much as you can. The more you’re exposed without anything happening the better.

1 Like