Healing on the Fast Lane

Well it’s good to know that you CAN run subs in the first place.

Definitely. It’s something I would love to be able to measure since I believe the brain works much faster while fasting (perception of time slows down and brainstorming is actually storming) and I suspect we reach a more alpha/theta dominant state. So in theory subs would be processed faster allowing for more loops and faster changes.

The downside is that subs consume a lot of energy. Saint has mentioned this more than once. And although fat burning seems to be easier for the brain to run on (some research has found that the brain likes ketones a lot more than glucose), it is also a much slower process (which is where that whole fat-burning zone thing comes from). So if the brain processes more and faster, it may need more energy than the fat burning process can comfortably provide.

I’m thinking that the level of ketosis reached in an EF is sufficient for subs

I guess we’ll find out. :slight_smile:

You did peak my interest however, so I just ordered a blood-glucose & ketone set. Should arrive tomorrow. It’s got 10 testing-strips so I can do a ketone-measurement once or twice a week. Although I expect there won’t be much change after week 1.

The things I do for science…

EDIT: I could also do one per day the first 5 days, then one on the Saturdays after that.

Your journal will be read by me on the same level as Saint’s and RV’s Dragon Reborn Thread.

Your posts are always intriguing, so sign me up for the newsletter.

The Architect might also give support.

My concern about so many A/SPS type modules would be physical fatigue, especially if you’re going to be fasting.

Famous last words…

I checked both The Architect and Energetic Development. They both seemed to be doing about the same thing. After about 20 minutes of clicking between the two tabs I ended up with the latter.

My idea regarding the PS modules was that many of the overlap, so even though there are many of them, the net effect would be less. Not to mention when you asked Fire a couple of weeks ago he answered that these modules have a “bleeding” or radiating effect, affecting the surrounding areas a bit as well. So I concluded that all these areas will be hit anyway and there should be less impact from combining them.

Honestly, I have no idea. If I was wrong, I guess people can learn from my mistake. And I trust you’ll tell me when you notice something in my journal that could indicate that the sub is too much.

I’m grateful for the input, even when I’m stubbornly doing it my way.

1 Like

TBH it sounds like you thought this through really well and analyzed. Knowing how well you thought it though, I have complete confidence in what you are doing. I do like to give ideas, but it sounds like you already anticipated them.

1 Like

Dragon does physical healing just not its main goal

Paragon works in Q also if you wanted to attempt it since healing is mostly a long term thing anyway.I ordered a Q with paragon recently that will test out whenever it comes

3 Likes

Too late now, esteemed Archivist. I ordered my first ever custom little over 3 hours ago. But I have a good feeling about it. Not to mention we didn’t have Hero modules at the time that recommendation was made I think.

Good to learn about the Ultima in Q. Thank you!

All-Seeing is an interesting module in a healing sub.

2 Likes

That ones more specific to raphael for healing the 5 senses.

Yeah no hero modules at the time that was posted.More to show paragon can be put in a q.I just built something similar with arms/torso/legs and muscular system.Didnt wanna go overboard with the hero modules in case of tiredness or slowing down results

1 Like

I’m curious if Dragon Reborn could ever get HERO-ified. At least, the physical healing part of it. (Same goes with PCU, since it was technically not build with completed hero tech).

2 Likes

How about measuring the ketone bodies.

There are strips in many pharmacies used to calculate ketones in your body by peeing on strips (pee).

The darker the color the more ketones.

1 Like

In the immortal words of @Malkuth:

@Meng123 is now a Junior Archivist.

Urine and breath analyzers are not the most reliable. They get much less so during a fast because the body adapts to the ketosis. That’s why keto-breath (breath smells like acetone) usually goes away after a while.

I ordered a blood tester. It comes with 10 test strips. I think I’ll do 5 tests on Sunday through Thursday, then another 5 on the Saturdays after. That should show the switch into full ketosis.

2 Likes

This exactly why we need a separate Hero title (and why I think Subclub is working on it)

EF ST1, DR ST2 and Paragon gave me physical healing for small to medium scale issues. Hero could extend healing AND physical shifting on a massive scale.

Fame is too mainstream, may those words live in infamy.

I hope that statement doesn’t bomb.

I’m sure we have subs that help with your impulse control problem. :wink:

I love that picture. Makes me wish there were Steampunk cosplay gatherings nearby and I could immerse myself in a different world for a bit. Never done it, but I think I would love a mature version of LARPing.

Technically you don’t move at all during dimensional travel, spacetime alters its properties around you and you sort of blink or shift to your destination. We use the idea of travel for our consciousness to make sense of the experience. But in the end it’s a training wheel. Once you let it go, you can get to places a lot faster.

Personally I’d feel more concerned with the fact that the bike is standing on a very small raised metal platform. Like with a lot of alchemy, one wrong move and BOOM.

Now, on to my first journal post.

3 Likes

Fasting Journal: Day 0?

• Subliminals: None (Rest Day)
  • Blood Pressure: 123/81 at a 71 HR. Common when I’ve been eating too much or bad foods, but about average for my age and sex. I expect it’ll go down significantly and hover around 90/50 during the fast.
  • Weight: Yup, definitely still overweight. And with eating the remainder of my food I gained a bit as well. I trust that will be rectified by next week.

I call today Day 0 because I still have some fruit left over. I’ll juice it and stick to a liquid diet for today. Will also do a Salt Water Flush to kick-start the fast.

I have reluctantly taken the weekend off from subs. Even though I don’t feel a difference either way, Saint keeps telling me to trust he actually knows what he’s talking about. :slight_smile:

So I’ll start the stages 4 on Monday and add in the Hero custom when it arrives. It’s definitely more subs in a stack than recommended even while eating, so we’ll have to see what happens. Whether or not I’ll do Dreams Ultima at night I’m not sure of yet.

I rarely notice anything while running subs, so feel free to point out when my behavior or symptoms could be related to them.

I slept in late today, and expect I won’t fall asleep until late either, so tomorrow’s sleep reading might be off. It is usually quite clear to see when I’ve got sleep debt or an irregular schedule. Almost embarrassing to show you guys.

I’ll edit the post if more happens, but I expect today to be fairly uneventful.

2 Likes

That’s the pandemic and quarantine for ya. I’m planning an EF to cancel out quarantine weight.

Probably far more beneficial ways to spend $600 but ok