Goodnight Sweet Prince

And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

29 Likes

I say this with complete sincerity, that there may not have ever been a Subliminal Club if Toriyama didnโ€™t fill our childhoods with the fantastical ideas from his works. Make no mistake, the amount of Dragon Ball Z jokes thrown around the SubClub office when working on Khan Black were hilarious. @Fire vetoed it for legal reasons, but the original Khan Black box was an homage to DBZ (we didnโ€™t want to get sued).

30 Likes

Man, those who know they know of this man and his great work and influence. And if you donโ€™t know, thatโ€™s fine, but you have no idea. ๐Ÿฅน

:rose:

4 Likes

I have 30+years difference with my nephew but we have endless chats around DB and TaoPaiPai the OG mofo.

4 Likes

Thatโ€™s cool. He was a legend! :grinning:so odd but badass.

I wish I could discus tao pei pei with people here around me. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the info, I donโ€™t know much about Mr Toriyama, but I sure grew up with and loved DBZ, so my gratitude to him for this awesome creation!

1 Like

I would watch this even If I canโ€™t understand spoken Japanese at that time, some of my friends are already married and we still talk about the episodes. One that I couldnโ€™t forget is this Super Saiyan, though this thing is meant as a pun, Dragon Ball Z have motivated me to go deeper in the study of Marshal Arts. It is where I discover the Heart Palm strike. I miss him.

1 Like

Sad to hear this.
Dragon ball one of the greatest animes, perhaps my favorite one.
This anime will be always in my heart and mind, so a part of Toriyama will always be there too.

Thanks Toriyama for your creativity and sharing to millions of kids.

RIP Toriyama.
:sob::two_hearts:

1 Like

My tribute to Akira Toroyama.
I recorded this video almost three years ago to build rapport with the woman that is now my fiancee.
The lyrics are so deep.

R.I.P. Akira

You inspired more than one generation to strive for adventure and overcoming any obstacle on the way.

1 Like

RIP - what an inspiration - talk about LEGACY!!!

2 Likes

We all tribute in our own way haha

This is so cool

3 Likes