Good Movies to Learn from

What are some good movies that have characters who have good and positive alpha male traits ?

I don’t want movies to have toxic alpha male traits. Even if there is a contrast of good an bad that will help also.

Also mention some movies that have some social skills such as persuasion etc in them.

I guess reading about being successful can also be extended with the correct visual stimulus as well. Especially when you read of successful people and how the pushed through struggle and hardship and turned that struggle into victory. Now whatching those aspects in movie would be really great.

Thank you

2 Likes

Not sure what your current taste is.

One of my favorite movies in the past was this one:

I think I only ever saw it once, which is funny. But it left a really strong impression.

And this is another one:

Don’t judge it by the cover, this movie is literally impossible to anticipate.

3 Likes

Long as there is good learning lessons in them that I can use to develop my self then I’m good with them.

300➡️King Leonidas (values and leadership)
Crazy Stupid Love➡️Gosling (style of dress and appearance)
The Killer John woo➡️Chow Yun fat (calm and classy)
Braveheart➡️Wallace Mel Gibson (a man with old-fashioned values, family respect and who knows how to fight for what he believes in)
John wick➡️Keanu reeves (noisy film but one appreciates the side touches not mine even if it is only a dog, its side fear of nothing and determined and the tortured glance which like the women)
Peaky blinders➡️Thomas Shelby (the leader and protector side of the family even if he is not the eldest, the ambitious aspect and the calmness his capacity to control his emotions)

oh and Vikings :arrow_right:Ragnar lothbrok :+1:

2 Likes

id say Braveheart such a wonderful liberating movie about freedom

You need that awareness and that courage and that bravery to not ever give up your freedom
also the soundtrack will make you cry out of the beauty of it

also 12 angry men, the social and the convos are just pure quality

2 Likes

What I’ve seen of Nobody is great. The dialogue Odenkirk has is great.

1 Like

Clint Eastwood cowboy movies jump to mind; the trilogy with the good bad and the ugly and the outlaw Josey Welles

Also oceans eleven trilogy. To this day, I think that movie is THE masterclass in authentic masculine attractiveness without any fake posturing…and you get this from MULTIPLE characters. Plus, all of these movies are characters who flirt with danger without being toxic. Sure they are criminals and bounty hunters etc but they have HONOR.

3 Likes

Fight Club :laughing: How I understood it: Your Shadow without integration can a bring a havoc in your life.

1 Like

The Godfather trilogy is a great series to learn from, and specifically by comparing Michael’s character from various points in his life with his brothers Sonny and Fredo, versus their father Vito. The make-up of their characters, the way it influenced their search for power, the way they acted once they acquired their power, and their respective demises.