Freelance Copywriters?

Any freelance copywriters here? I’m looking to possibly get into part part time to make a little extra money. Any advice is greatly appreciated

5 Likes

I’ve done quite a bit of copywriting for my own business, but I do hand that off whenever possible. The best advice I can give is to study the Ask Method (book recommendation below) in addition to whatever copywriting materials you learn from. It will give you a crazy unfair advantage over just about any other copywriter.

Obvious books that I can personally recommend:

Influence, by Robert Cialdini
Pre-suasion, by Robert Cialdini
Copywriting Secrets, by Jim Edwards (basic but effective)

Possibly non-obvious recommended books:

Ask, by Ryan Levesque - get customers to tell you how they want to be sold to
Liminal Thinking, by Dave Gray - building a chain of beliefs to walk someone to the desired conclusion
Thinking Fast & Slow by Daniel Kahneman - automatic vs conscious thoughts
Building a Storybrand, by Donald Miller - the importance of crafting a narrative

Plus, anything you can learn from Agora Financial in terms of their method… they are absolute masters.

One of the best copywriters I’ve ever personally come across is a guy named Derek Johanson, who runs a training called CopyHour (https://copyhour.com/) I haven’t done the training, but if it’s even half as good as the copy he actually writes, it should be worth it.

Good luck! :+1:t2:

p.s. On a related note, I’d love to find out who writes copy for SubClub products… it’s as good as the products are!! @SaintSovereign

12 Likes

would also want to know, thanks for the info, am also interested in this

1 Like

A book I recommend is Joe Vitale’s “Hypnotic Writing”

The sales letter he wrote for a program called “Thoughtline” is in the book…and that letter was awesome in my opinion

2 Likes

What a coinkidink; I was told to focus on influence and persuasion and learn to dissect good copy. Kyle Milligan is great and he works for Agora so I agree.

3 Likes

An online acquaintance of mine is friends with some of the top copy guys at Agora and he shared some of their internal training videos with me… hours and hours of video of their “Copy Camp” training. Amazing stuff, I look forward to the time when I can really dive in and try my hand at some original copywriting, but it’s yet to be enough of a priority that I’ve made time. It’s not my job, so it never makes it high enough on the list to get scheduled in. :wink:

1 Like

Most of the people who put up copy courses keep dumping theory over the one learning. that and “copy-muscle exercises” which are just telling the learner to write some copy. I’ve done 7 figure copy from foundr. Not worth if you’re really serious about the craft. Best learning comes from seeing the writer write and him explaining his thought process as he does.

3 Likes

sound like an idea to build a courses around

https://www.copylegends.com/?fbclid=IwAR2HnSpR58WqbYANb2u7R3PtZ7dlI1gpvbsDV193TGgSGV2orWDGhwcKvRg Been told to find ads and dissect them.

2 Likes

Great topic and I stumbled upon it by chance! I’m into copywriting right now since I quit my job and writing is something I think I’m good at. Thanks, guys!

2 Likes

Any ideas on what subs would be best to tackle copywriting? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Definitely think QL or Limitless, based on what I read about QL (I bought Limitless but not QL yet).
Probably BLU would be good if you use it as a major.

2 Likes

Actually, I was thinking about stacking HOM with BLU but then I thought maybe it would be better to run Khan after running my healing stack. HOM as it’s oriented on e-commerce and trade improving your analytical thinking at the same time + it helps you understand marketing and social dynamics better. BLU for boosting your brain power and creativity. I have to take it carefully under consideration while doing my healing stack since copywriting may occur to be something I shouldn’t or I can’t go into.

1 Like

To name a few modules…

• Mastermind
  • Ultimate Writer
  • Dragon Tongue
2 Likes

How about stacking regular titles?

1 Like

Am considering copywriting too to earn money while I explore creative writing on the side. How about EmperorQ and Executive for this?

1 Like

It would be a productivity monster but how about learning and creativity? Would it do for it too?

1 Like

@Mentalchemist - since EmperorQ does have Quantum Limitless Lite, I think it would do the trick.

1 Like

The trick to the Copywriting Emperor is Quality Clients.
It won’t work just for the money. :wink:

2 Likes

Trying to copywrite for a crappy client and/or product is like the old expression… polishing a turd. There has to be a good fit for both the product and the client, otherwise it would suck across the board.

2 Likes