Fortune Tellers

I am on the fence when it comes to those who claim to beable to predict your future.

Has anyone had any positive experiences with fortune tellers ? Did their predictions come true ?

Or was it just clever cold reading ?

1 Like

Some may be cold reading at the unconscious level. So to them it seems like a real thing

Your destiny is not set in stone as you have free will.

So the only way their predictions can come true is if you put energy into it.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had a tarot reading before and personally found it to be general enough to apply to most people.

However, it did invite me to pose questions to myself and assess where I was in life and what i may have been unhappy or troubled by.

Nowadays I get the same effect from just journaling but Iā€™m glad to have experienced it atleast once.

2 Likes

Just as a test I payed for 5 different one of those draw your future partner and I picked the most ā€œreputableā€ ones I could find, each one gave me a different person so either they were fake or Iā€™m going to have 5 wives :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

A friend of mine claimed he met a gypsy years ago and she was accurate in her predictions of what would happen to him in 3 years from the time he met her. It turned out she was absolutely spot on.

Purely anecdotal here, butā€¦ hereā€™s my experience.

7, almost 8, years ago I was seeing a girl who I was crazy aboutā€¦ and I mean that literally, she drove me nuts. To the point where I spent a considerable amount of time drinking heavily, just to deal with the roller coaster that having her in my life was. I feel people like her are why FB has ā€œItā€™s Complicatedā€ as a relationship optionā€¦ :exploding_head: :weary:

My mom was concerned about me (rightfully so, I suppose) and she asked a self-proclaimed psychic she knows about my love life. (I had no idea she was going to ask that, and she only told me about it months later). She was told that the girl I was presently with was not ā€œthe oneā€, but that the next one would be the one. She also said the next girl would be Asian.

Well, a few months after the ā€œitā€™s complicatedā€ got so complicated that we both just Ģ¶wĢ¶aĢ¶lĢ¶kĢ¶eĢ¶dĢ¶ Ģ¶aĢ¶wĢ¶aĢ¶yĢ¶ exploded in a chaotic mess, I met a new girlā€¦ and for anyone who has read almost anything Iā€™ve posted about my personal life, youā€™ll know that I married this girl. And, sheā€™s Chinese.

Granted, there are a LOT of Chinese girls in the world, but when you break it down to the right geographic location, the right age bracket, and the right relationship statusā€¦ (my city, 25-29, and singleā€¦) the number becomes a lot smaller.

Soā€¦ points for the psychic? :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Did your mom tell you about it before you married or after?

I will tell you something that really scared me. My grandmother was able to predict when someone was going to die not anyone but friends of the family and relatives it was like she had this psychic connection with certain people around her. She passed away decades ago but god only knows how she was able to do this.

4 Likes

Did she predict her own death?

yeah I believe you. My own theory is that with intuition, or at least highly developed intuition this happens when people have some sort of connection (heart, mind, or friendship/relational connection) with the person. Seems to connect with your story

1 Like

Before we were married, but after we were engaged.

2 Likes

She did yes.

1 Like

Sometimes I wonder whether the person giving a reading is doing a subliminal programming on you and you end up following the instructions. And hence a self-fulfilling prophecy.

1 Like

The less conscious someone is, the easier it is to predict their future. When weā€™re lower in consciousness/self-awareness, we tend to follow fairly rigid patterns. People who have learned a couple of things about those patterns can then make decently robust predictions.

Free will is not free. Got to work for it.

But we all benefit from predictions every day when we check the weather and decide what to wear and whether or not to bring an umbrella. Weā€™ll still get surprised sometimes, but itā€™s usually pretty accurate.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve done psychic readings that were highly accurate and they didnā€™t even know the sound of my voice nor the look of my face. I think Sadhguru put it quite nicely, if you are spiritually ā€˜turned onā€™, your future is of your own making. If not, then you can be easily predicted based on your karma and the movement of inanimate objects (like the planets, hence astrology).

2 Likes

Yes.

If someone who is a bit smaller and weaker than you, walks up to your table in a restaurant, insults your family, knocks your food to the table and, then (weakly) slaps you in the face, how difficult is it to predict your response?

If youā€™re very low in awareness, super easy. The higher your awareness, the more complex your response set and your perceived options will be.

4 Likes

FYI: my awareness? not that high.

2 Likes

such a humble and brilliant man you are. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Nah, itā€™s just the truth.

Canā€™t handle a lot of stuff. Working on it.

Thankfully, havenā€™t gotten the restaurant test recently. :pray:t5:

1 Like