For all you overtalkative people out there

Addictions: Talking as a Form of Resistance

1 Like

Personally this video is only marketing and reframing something humans ought to do as bad or having some defect.

Humans are social. How does someone measure ‘over talking’?
Most people who watch this video will think there is something wrong with them and create a mental defect.

This will then go deeper and force them to categories themselves into someone with an addiction.

Then that person feels low and goes to that website and joins the free course. That free course will lower your emotional state even future which makes you vulnerable. You then feel a ‘need’ to purchase the paid course which will solve or heal an addiction that you have created mentally.

6 Likes

perfect money making strategy : )

2 Likes

I joined a course of hers a couple years back when I was in a really dark place, got a chance to speak with her and she basically kicked me while I was down.

2 Likes

I’m gonna refrain from judging the entirety of an individual from a brief video and marketing. But I’m curious what she did? I’ve heard stories about these types of self help gurus and when they run across more difficult people they blame them because their healing practice is flawless and if it doesn’t work it’s the individuals fault. Which ironically can lead to even more abandonment issues.

Either way, sorry that happened. It sucks being vulnerable and not having someone validate your experience.

1 Like

I had a nervous breakdown and was heavily depressed following a relationship breakdown.

I’d been working her course material an hour every day, really trying to dive in deep and apply the concepts.

She basically berated me for abandoning myself, and for expecting anything of my partner-at-the-time.

Some validity to it, but nothing helpful to help me actually grow. More like a shaming than anything. Bare in mind I was working on myself hard during this time.

3 Likes

Yup when it comes to these concepts and strategies it’s kind of useless without empathy behind it. Sounds like she either a. completely forgot what it’s like to be in that headspace or b. is being overly reactive because you weren’t responding favorably to her advice or lessons. I’ve seen b happen a lot with gurus in general.

3 Likes

It takes a lot if it’s even possible for gurus to change you up until your manage to shift your belief system.

1 Like

They can’t change you. No one can.

They can facilitate, guide and support you making the changes, but it ultimately comes down to you being responsible for making any changes yourself.

If you believe what they are offering will help you, then it will. Otherwise it’s just a big waste of time money energy and effort.

Even as a Reiki Master, I don’t claim to heal anyone. I hold the space for them to heal themselves. They take all the credit. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep. Even as what some have called a master hypnotist, nothing works until there’s SOME kind of buy-in on the part of the recipient of my “help”

3 Likes