Favorite exercise protocols

My recent favored modality has been going to a park and walking with a 10 lb mace that I periodically stop and perform a set with. I keep the fitness implements in the trunk of my car

I do the same with a chest expander, a Bullworker, set of 3 lb clubbells, kettlebell, and weighted jump rope.

I will get in quite a few reps and walk 5 to 7 miles in a workout. I also perform a bunch of bodyweight squats.

I like working out outside in a place that has at least small elements of wildness.

5 Likes

Spartan seems to be pushing me to explore new modalities and how I might integrate them into what I already do.

4 Likes

Just bought some heavy flat bands and plan to incorporate them into my workouts.

1 Like

This is the routine I have been doing every morning. It’s no joke and kicks my ass every time but feels great after I’m done.

4 Likes

I just incorporate the exercises found here:
Convict Conditioning: How to Bust Free of All Weakness–Using the Lost Secrets of Supreme Survival Strength https://www.amazon.com/dp/1942812159/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_gWrWDbMA08Q9Y

4 Likes

I have read that. Good stuff

1 Like

Kick ass dude!

1 Like

https://www.maxwellsc.com/blog.cfm?blogID=55

Steve Maxwell circuit training. I like to keep a variety of implements in the trunk of my car like mace, clubbell, Bulgarian bag, kettlebell, jump rope, bands, chest expander, bullworker, medicine ball, etc and take them to the park or local football field.

I’ll walk while carrying a kettlebell or mace and stop periodically and do reps, or throw the object for distance and then sprint to retrieve it.

Also set up stations and sprint from one to the next where I do reps.

Also like to do bodywork stuff like burpees and bear crawls in the grass. Especially nice on a well tended football field.

2 Likes

What about this workout?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Cool! I am going to try this.

I do not know much about exercise but I read a while ago you can´t i.e. do pushups everyday for 1+ month because it is bad for the muscles? Is this true?

1 Like

Pushup works more chest, shoulders and triceps, i would also do some pullups and squats and if you have weights just start with basic compound movement, benchpress, shoulderpress, squats, deadlift , pullups and rows. They train all your muscles so you get a balanced body.

2 Likes