Family business

Hi all new here,love sub club.Wright up my street.A bit about me I have been in rental 30 yrs.Me and my wife decided it was time for a change.We have 5 children 1 has a learning difficulty,the others unskilled,so we had to try next best thing and buy a family run biusness.Put everything up on a buy to let.Here I am with 5 air band bs and a cafe,I haven’t got a clue how I run a cafe,luckily it’s on a 5 yr lease.I’m going through all the subs trying to work into my plan of action on how to run this as a successfull buisness.What subs as a new come might help thanks Tony

8 Likes

Welcome @Tonyschiano369,

Check out Mogul, Ascended Mogul, R.I.C.H and Emperor.

You could also look into Ecstasy of Gold and House of Medici - although EoG and Emperor would be best after you’ve run some of the other ones.

House of Medici will be excellent all-around in this case, due to it being a family business.

10 Likes

Also, you might want to check out a book called The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber.

3 Likes

Have heard of this book before. It helps anyone start a business?

2 Likes

It’s more about running a business properly. So you don’t kill yourself with work. Talks about systemizing the business to allow the owner to work on the business, instead of in the business.

Basically, you build the systems, the systems work for you. Every system grows your business.

The biggest problem with small businesses is that the owner gets stuck doing the day to day work. And then he doesn’t have energy to develop it further.

8 Likes

That’s a great problem to solve. I used to have a business but instead of being the business owner, I turned into an over-time employee.

Will have to check this book out. Thank you for the review, @Hoppa :pray:

2 Likes

Systemology by David Jenyns is another similar book.

Then there is Work the System by Sam Carpenter. This one I didn’t like that much. At least in the older version I’ve read he used lots of big words from the “Big words book” (Thesaurus). Tedious reading. Maybe the new version doesn’t have the same problem.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and offering to help.There’s so many subs and combos,it mind boggling.Reading the journals and looking at what people stack together made it really difficult to select a sub.Funny thing I did down load AM last week then bottled it in case I got it wrong.I’ll have a look at that book,re read over post take it all in.Thanks again Tony.

1 Like

What are you trying now???

With regards to subs none.

I bought the next 5 moves a book on buisness strategy,two weeks back read first chapter then left it.I will resume that as from it I’ve done something I’ve never done,set short,medium long term goals.I realised by doing that and reviewing them,my subconscious will be working away trying to materialise.I’ve already added to them.Bought Tsun zu art of buisness,way to hard for me.On long term stratergy I managed to get my son youngest son as a line cook in this cafe,albeit he’s been stuck on pot washing,I’m dealing with that as we speak.Thank you for asking have a great day all Tony.

E- myth on its way Lion,had a look at review.
Gerber walks you through the steps in the life of a business—from entrepreneurial infancy through adolescent growing pains to the mature entrepreneurial perspective: the guiding light of all businesses that succeed—and shows how to apply the lessons of franchising to any business, whether or not it is a franchise. Most importantly, Gerber draws the vital, often overlooked distinction between working on your business and working in your business.That’s exactly what I need Thank you

My current situation :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It was over 13 years ago. Was so clueless lol.

Omg that book.Think everything you know about buisness,throw it out the window then Start again.

1 Like

Here’s a good example about the power of systems:

It’s 10.30 AM on a Sunday morning. I’ve been playing with Legos with my kid. The sales for this morning is 2500 euros.

My team made this happen. They handle the day to day operations.

I work on building additional systems for my business.

4 Likes

@Hoppa
I like your recommendations on business systems. Will research this further, thank you.

1 Like

How is everything going with the business @Tonyschiano369 ?