Experimental = ZP V2?

Does the term Experimental when it comes to file names now mean those are the ZP V2 versions?

And how come these are experimental if the change is just an update to V2?

I hope Ascension gets V2 soon as it is considered a foundational sub and thought that would have been one of the first to receive it.

1 Like

Yes ( 5 char )

2 Likes

OK, and so are ZP V2 files still in testing phase and not official release?

They are official since the testing went well. It will take some time for all the products to get updated to it though. My guess is that it all be finished this month.

Whether you see files names with Experimental or ZP v2, they are both official. Am sure the Experimental name will be changed to ZP v2 soon.

5 Likes

We will begin updating titles tomorrow. What @Lion said was correct.

8 Likes

What is the difference between ZP and ZP V2 in terms of improvements and effects?

A certain part of the scripting (called the primer) has been rewritten to get faster results with less reconciliation. Plus the build is stronger.

Frankly, the specifics of what is different isn’t important since it is a black box to us users. In simple terms, it’s an upgrade.

8 Likes

Subjectively, I think it feels much easier to listen to. Less reconciliation.

2 Likes

As the updates happen, will ZP V1 be phased out and removed from the downloads on the subliminal store? Like what happened with Qv2?

Yes.

All new versions will eventually replace their older versions. Previously we used to keep all versions but it caused too much confusion for new users that SC decided to keep the Download section simple by just keeping the latest version.

Anyone who prefers the older versions should download and back them up. Even though personally I don’t see any reason to backup the older versions of main store titles, users are free to use the ones they like.

2 Likes

I’m really keen to see Ascension ZP V2. Most of my subs have the newer version. This is in my current stack with Love Bomb for Humanity.

So many have recommended this combo, it was hard to pass up.

1 Like

Also, I believe the size of the primer has shrunk… The core has gotten bigger. Or at least that’s my impression…

2 Likes