Hey…thanks for stopping by and opening this random guy’s journal. This is the start of my 2nd cycle on this stack, and 3rd with HOM as the centerpiece.
Like it says in the title, the focus for this journal is on building a business and growing fast. I aim to process all the things and keep the posts tight, to the point, and maybe post something useful to whoever reads this along the way.
First, let me tell you about how much I suck at this business-building thing so far…
Here’s what my “starting line” for this journal looks like:
- failed to escape the feast and famine cycle for many reasons, mainly fear and lack of delegation
- the people I’ve targeted to partner with so far have been difficult, scarcity-minded, and don’t highly value time
- adopted a new business model I’m excited about, and the first two agreements I inked have turned into steaming piles
- the major issue as I see it is the gap between my perceived self-worth and how I view high net worth business owners; fear is a factor
Now, let me share how I’m framing these things currently…
- the “difficult” partners I entered into deals with were mirror reflections of how I’ve been walking this path so far, and I finally SEE it…so I can focus more directly on changing those things within
- applying my skill in sales and negotiation on the RIGHT opportunity is more important than “getting a deal done”…filtering people out and saying NO to the wrong ones for me is my first priority
- all I need to focus on is the value of the problem I’m solving and delivering on my agreements, not on the differences of net worth
And that’s probably enough for now. The next posts will reveal how much action I’m taking (and not taking).
It feels like I’m at the base camp of a massive mountain that I haven’t been able to summit yet and have taken some hard tumbles down due to my lack of skills and awareness of Nature, up to this point…but I’ve learned some things, patched myself up, my spirits are high, and I’m ready to make another attempt.
Plus, I’m outright unemployable, so it’s either summit or die.