Dragon Reborn, Survival Instinct

I have taken a new direction and this will be my newest journal to reflect that direction.

I have been running Dragon Reborn by itself since mid January. I am now starting my fourth week of DR ST4. I plan to continue running ST4 indefinitely, and I am pretty sure I will run it until at least the end of 2021, which will have been pretty much a year running it.

As of today I plan to add Survival Instinct. I think it complements DR well to create a solid foundation for anything else. Survival is one of those fundamental root chakra issues and being solid and grounded is something I want to make sure to have handled. I had considered Spartan as it is a favorite but SI is more focused on the concerns I feel a need to handle in my life.

I will run Survival Instinct for at least one month before adding Renaissance Man into the mix. I am an artist and work in a creative field so Ren Man should serve an important function for shoring up foundations.

Starting to think Renaissance Man might not get added until sometime in the fall. I always feel like when I stack too much I have stasis.

8 Likes

Raphael - School of Athens

6 Likes

I figure I will add in Renaissance Man when I feel there has been a solid shift in issues related to Dragon Reborn and Survival Instinct.

1 Like

Do you feel you’ve gotten distinct benefits/results from you run on Dragon Reborn?

1 Like

Yes, but they seem far more subtle than the reports I see others giving.

I feel like I am less reactive. I feel like I am more grounded in the reality of my life, which can actually be depressing.

I think I have come to the conclusion that I probably am chronically depressed. I suppose that is an insight that DR has brought about.

Sometimes I can feel shifts of mood or emotional weight and it is hard to say it is negative or positive or even what it is linked to exactly.

3 Likes

Awake at 3:30 am and cannot sleep.

I set up a listening station in my bedroom with an mp3 player, Dragon Reborn, Survival Instinct and several silent tracks.

I slept, but I felt like I was in a low level bad dream and I woke up on nearly an hourly basis.

1 Like

I have a playlist with Dragon Reborn going here at work.

1 Like

1 Like

Well this nun sounds fun.

Interesting how the NYT framed her (in the headline) for this photo op. Is this their take on the topic of death…or nuns? :thinking:

How did you like the article?

I am not a Catholic or even a Christian, so I do not believe in an afterlife, and finding some compelling way to use the time we’ve got I think is quite important, as it is all we’ve got, as far as I can see.

I had seen another user on here talk about Memento Mori, and it was a major Renaissance theme, so I thought I might touch on it, and also start posting some works of art that fit with the theme.

I think she is finding an interesting niche for herself, and there is the possibility of wisdom arising from it.

I think “Memento Mori” could be a great Q module as a reminder that life is short. We won’t be able to build and grow indefinitely. There is an end for us.

1 Like

I absolutely agree with you here.

And I only just started perusing the modules to make a custom, but one that serves to enhance our appreciation and reverence for the time we have here sounds great.

Death is the great unknown experience – personal beliefs notwithstanding.

Looking forward to seeing more of what you find.

1 Like

1 Like

I had Survival Instinct going in my workout are as part of a custom that combined SI, Spartan and Emp Fit ST4. I was getting about 4 listens a week. I think the custom was too dense and I wasn’t getting enough plays.

Now I have SI stacked with Dragon Reborn ST4 and some silent tracks. Hopefully that will have greater impact.

1 Like