Disc: What is Stonewalling and How Can I Prevent It?

5 Likes

I remember a lot of what you included in that guideline was a part of you answer to my question about stonewalling. Good, that explanation was really satisfactory for me.

Can we be stonewalled with Ultima?

I think its very possible to stone wall with ultima…perhaps when people say they are not getting results with libertine. From what has been written they are probably stone walling.

3 Likes

I bet sooner or later it will be a thing of the past for subclub subs. And results will come in no more than 1 loop a day. Saint and fire would become undisputed leaders of all self help industry. Can’t tell about reconciliation though. And the subs would literally get the user to take action. All that remains to see is how fast they reach that point.

As far as I understand stonewalling correctly, it’s just a state, it’s not that the sub is doing nothing for you. I think that’s why the other recommendation is to wait it out.

1 Like

@Fire and @SaintSovereign note this comment. If stonewalling is a state, can state shifting technology be used to stop the stonewalling? An Ultima title to overcome stonewalling?

2 Likes

For this article, as of now I have no comments. Looks great!

Doubtful. We’ve tested a lot of stuff against stonewalling, and the best solution (that we’ve discovered) is for the user to cut back significantly on their usage.

1 Like

Thanks! There are 4 things I’ve found to help when I stone wall:

1. Cut back on loops

2. Reduce the power of the format (e.g., go from T^2 to Q)

3. Use Ultima to boost a module that seems to be stone walled

4. Take more rest days (or a week off)

3 Likes