Digger’s Journey to becoming a Quantum Mogul

That sounds like it’s from the Quantum Limitless description.

1 Like

Parkinson’s Law in action :slight_smile:

Yup. Seems like it. Although, honestly, I feel that Mogul and Stark may have helped with the productivity part. I mean, I really can’t stop complaining about my job. But shifting my mindset slightly really had me going.

Moving from a “Work work work. More work?” Starcraft Peon-like mindset to an “I may learn something here” kind of thinking really did it for me.

Now, as long as my future gets office projects can get me to learn something new, I don’t have to worry much about productivity.

1 Like

I really can’t say since I’m not that familiar with it. However, I believe it’s because I procrastinated so much that I have to cram everything in 5 sleepless nights.

1 Like

"Parkinson’s law is the adage that “work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion”.

Its why artificial deadlines on projects are great for getting stuff done faster.

1 Like

That makes sense. So the more time available to complete a task, the more likely one procrastinates. Lol. Thanks

1 Like

QL ST3 DAY37(update)

So we had our meeting this afternoon. Boss reported that 2 of my teammates were promoted. Not really sure how to take it. Looked like promotion is due to seniority as the 2 of them were with the company for more than 10 years. I guess that answers the question I asked my boss 2 years ago.

So I presented the prototype to my boss and the team. My boss seemed impressed. Of course it was an online presentation with just my desktop being shown to the team. Cameras were turned off. So I couldn’t really see, but from how my boss sounds like and the push to have it out in production, I think I did a pretty good job.

Right now, I decided to put my office project to the side (5 nights non-stop. Need a break). Am currently back to studying.

2 Likes

QL ST3 DAY38

So I tried studying last night but kept on yawning and couldn’t really concentrate. Probably because of those sleepless nights working on my office project, my body just needed rest. Am still sleepy so I’ll probably take a nap shortly.

QL ST3 DAY38 update

So my boss messages me and asks if we could talk. Given that there’s been some layoffs and although I was able to present a prototype yesterday, I, admittedly, did not really perform well the past few months, and feared the worst.

All of a sudden, that turned out to be a 3 hour long conversation about how we could expand the prototype to production, how it can handle an increased load and how it could improve in terms of data presentation. So yeah. Feeling a bit high out of it.

And yet, part of me is also feeling low, because of it. Prior to my slump, I was performing well. My output was exceeding expectations. And I wasn’t getting anything out of it. Increases in pay and bonuses were low, no recognition and all that. I fear that if I was to deliver this and get nothing for my hard work, I might get into an even worse slump than before.

Could this be reconciliation? Could this be a fear surfacing because of it? I don’t know really.

2 Likes

I know the feeling! :joy::sunglasses:

QL ST3 DAY39(early update)

Tried modifying my code to improve performance last night. Though even with using multiple docker containers running in parallel, it’s only able to run 5% of the expected maximum load. Very difficult to explain really without having to give away what I’m actually trying to do, so let’s just leave it as is.

May need to resort to using multiple systems running concurrently on top of this. Though not sure if I would have enough resources. Oh well.

Received another notice from the state tax board again. This time, because I was late paying the bill a few months ago, it earned a little interest. Man these guys are aggressive now. Good thing the remaining balance is manageable. Actually kinda reminds me of the tax collectors from Biblical times. Everyone hated those guys. Now I know why.

1 Like

Those Biblical ones would literally come around to collect tax I think. Like…to your house…knock knock. Screw that. Thank Crhulhu for modern technology :slight_smile:

Crullhu ? :rofl:

You know He of Whom I Speak. Don’t tell Him I spelled his name wrong.

@BLACKICE and @Palpatine you guys are cracking me up. Thanks for cheering me up (whether intentionally or not).:joy:

2 Likes

Who is Crhulhu?

Do you mean Cthulhu?

Yes. Just a typo.

And thus the obligatory mashup of a crueller with Cthulhu… :nerd_face:

QL ST3 DAY39 update

Been lazy the whole day. Not sure if it’s because I am still too tired from the previous all-nighters I’ve pulled and still feeling too week from it all. Or maybe because the prototype I made needs to be completely overhauled or maybe start from scratch such that I don’t want to even think about all the problems I need to tackle with doing so.

On the family front, made my wife and kids laugh a lot today. Not really feeling like a clown or jester, but somehow whatever I say or how I react just comes out naturally to make them have a good time.

2 Likes

@d1gz How is the architecture? Do you like where you work? If you feel undervalued and unappreciated, and over contributing, most likely your boss is taking credit for your work.