Cryptocurrency Discussion

Anywhere here holding cryptos? Personally, I just recently got really, really into it and, IMO, this is the future especially with all of these countries/companies making lowkey big moves in the sphere. Personally, I am holding ETH, XRP, XLM, LINK, Litecoin, and a neglible amount of BTC. I’ve been super huge on XRP recently. I think it has massive potential. All this “Great Reset”/digital currency talk from the big players has me wondering. I am trying follow trends and learn as I go. My intuition tells me cryptos will only keep going up and up.

Share questions/thoughts/insights/news/advice if you’d like.

Disclaimer: I am honestly still a newbie at crypto. This post is for entertainment purposes only. I am not a financial advisor. If you any of you have been into crypto for any amount of time, you’re probably more knowledgable than me. Do your own research. Etc.

3 Likes

Have you earned anything worth mentioning on it yet?

Nothing spectacular as I’m relatively new. XRP did double in the past few days though. Crypto is volatile of course but I plan on holding long and not panic selling if/when anything dips.

1 Like

@anon52452268
I get so many calls and emails about cryptocurrency…is it you calling me ? :sweat_smile:

No friend :sweat_smile: Be wary, there are a lot of scammers and shitty coins out there. Every crypto is pure speculation. All the crypto I have could easily never pan out. If you wanna get in, do your own research into the different projects and their use cases. And follow the news/moves that companies/countries are making. A lot of talk of CBDCs (central banking digital currencies) recently.

3 Likes

Owning BTC.

Bought it on the september low it being 8.5K €… now it’s 15K+ €.

So far so good. I’m here for the long run - Ibelieve BTC will explode in the next 5-10 years

2 Likes

I used to trade the crypto in BITMEX and BINANCE in late 2018 and early 2019.

Caught the BTC pump from 3000 to 12000.

But the volume in exchanges are fake. There are many glitches in them too.
Crypto is very good for Swing Trading if you have the patience.
But you cant scalp / daytrade them.

Unless FED collapses , crypto is only for pure speculation. There is no practical use to them unless FIAT money is completely eradicated.

3 Likes

I am banking on this being the case. The reason I like XRP is because it’s being touted as a bridge asset for all of these governments’ CBDC initiatives. Aka it’ll allow you to exchange your countries coin to someone else’s almost instantly and at virtually no cost. I’m willing to buy some up at <$1 in case something insane on a global financial level happens. Even if XRP isn’t the one, digital currencies are still in my opinion the future. I’m not actively trading though. Just accumulating and holding for the long term

I’m late to the BTC game and don’t own as much as I like but I agree with this sentiment. It’s inevitable that fiat money will collaspe imo. You think BTC will have any major dips in the meantime? Would love to buy in for cheap :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I am no expert… but from what I have seen BTC is always fluctuating.

The current bull market might last towards 20K/22K… then it might drop.

To be honest, I think if you buy in now, you will still profit.

What you need to get clear on is whether you are doing this for the short-term or the long-term.

If you want short-term profits go all-in and study it…

If you want long-term profits, buy BTC now and hold it…

3 Likes

I have a very small amount of BTC atm. I wonder what the ATH will be in 5-10 years. Will def be buying some more though slowly but surely

1 Like

Haven’t ran HOM in almost a month, since before my washout. But this could very well be the bloom taking over :joy:. Gonna add it back to the stack

1 Like

Brian Brooks (Comptroller of the Currency) in a recent interview said to expect regulatory clarity on crypto in the next 6-8 weeks. As of today, only bitcoin and ethereum had regulatory clarity. Definition of money/currency recently revised to include convertible digital assets. But why? This is enormous. Billions of USD being printed like monopoly money…

As always, nothing I ever post on here is financial advice. Do your own research

2 Likes

I own quite a large amount of XRP.

3 Likes

Are you trading it if we may know?

Very smart man. I can’t say I’m surprised.

Obviously I’m not Saint, but I’m hodling my XRP. Exciting times ahead.

2 Likes

Is there any risk to it?

Of course, the risk is that it could end up not being worth anything. But that’s the risk with every coin or stock you buy

1 Like

Eh, this is why I’m mining a new one instead of buying

1 Like

We all have different risk tolerances

What’s the risk in here in your view? Please, kindly share your opinion with us.