Copywriting resources?

After reading the way some of you guys write, I gotta say that I’m impressed. I would love to acquire this skill for myself, but the online resources I’ve come across so far just don’t do the trick for me. Any tips on how to write a great copy, any places some you guys would recommend for me to go to?

Looking at you @Malkuth @Simon @Billions :wink:

2 Likes

I was reflecting on my response to your points.

Then it hit me…there are actually already Q-store modules directly focused on this goal. :joy:

First, for direct learning, skills development, and alignment with helpful resources/information.

Limitless
RAIKOV
Informaticon

Second, to focus in on the specific skills of writing and narrative construction.

Ultimate Writer
Sacred Words
Storyteller

These next two are only my personal preferences.

I prefer writing that is empathically grounded and engaged, and rooted in a coherent, integrative cosmology. (That’s a personal preference, so these could be changed to whatever inspires or fires you up the most.)

EMPATH
The Wonder

Another personal preference. I appreciate groundedness. No BS and a minimal amount of narcissistic indulgence. So I might also add in:

Foundation

(I might use that to protect me from falling too much in love with my own narratives and losing touch with the larger reality.)

Those last 3 could really be removed. They’re pretty subjective. So, if it were just the first six, that would make a fine Ultima.

As far as any practical ideas, two spring to mind instantly:

1. Outline. It’s okay to outline.
  2. Regularly seek out and expose yourself to the kinds of voices that really speak to you, personally; that feel effective, pleasing, or good in some other way.

And a last one that may just be personal to me:

1. Give yourself freedom to work in the modalities that are most natural to you at any given time. Sometimes I find that it’s easier for me to get in touch with my ideas if I’m physically in motion and if I’m speaking verbally, rather than reading/writing. When it comes to processing and expression, the auditory channel is more comfortable to me (personally) than the visual. And when it comes to input and receiving of information, the bodily/kinesthetic channel feels most ‘right’ to me.

Everyone has her own ‘program’. Identify yours and respect it.

3 Likes

My favorite copywriting book so far is “Hypnotic Writing” by Joe Vitale

3 Likes

Copy good copywriting.

Like the subclub copy? Try and write copy for made up subliminals like Chorus.

If you Like another writer’s writing, copy his voice. The more it feels like mockery, the better it is. When I write up fake Q titles on the Q module requests page I straight up feel like I’m mocking Sib Club and uet I know somehow it’s acrually good.

More importantly, understand what copywriting is. It’s sales. David Ovilgy got his start by door knocking and cold calling… NOT in a newspaper which was common for writers up until the end of the 2000’s.

So “good writing” communicating bad ideas will be absolutely dog-shit. First and foremost you have to write about things people genuinely want in a way that reminds or shows them they want it…

Truth be told, I dont know the first thing about copywriting, I only understand sales. So when I write copy for my business, the grammar may not always be perfect, but I make up for that by having an offer that speaks for itself, and that is easy to hype up.

David Ovilgy only worked with Luxury brands and products he loves to save his reputation. Copywriting can’t MAKE you love a product, it can only show you how much you already want it but just haven’t realized that until now. Ovilgy knew that a mediocre product can only be made to look mediocre at best, so he would look like a mediocre writer if he represented them. A dog in a dress is still a dog.

Long story short, the trick to copywriting is to overpromise and underdeliver. Tell them they’ll never feel pain again and always be happy forever after buying your product. Kidding-but-not-kidding.

And most importantly, edit. Edit everything you write. Read it to yourself and ask yourself “is this how I wanted this to sound? Do i like this voice? Would an extra word added or removed make this flow nicer?”

I really dont know. I never looked into copywriting. Im just born with verbal intelligence tbh. I make up for it by lacking in areas like common sense :rofl:

2 Likes

We started a thread about writing subliminals.

This might be helpful.

2 Likes