Change Forum Name?

I first thought he was nihilistic but with years passing by

A new outlook on his work has shine for me
At least my interpretation of it (overcoming Nihilism)

I have to admit I wasn’t aware that Meliorism was an actual thing (is it?) tho

And yeah not fitting for the thread so I’ll stop on the matter :eyes::no_entry_sign:

1 Like

I didn’t say he was nihilistic, just a little too nihilistic for meliorism. But you’re absolutely right, Nietzsche is all about overcoming the nihilistic outlook that we’re all presented with.

Meliorism is a thing, it’s the backbone of classical liberalism actually. I’m not too familiar with it but to my understanding, it’s about the notion that humans through action can work to improve the world, and that work will always improve the world for the better.

It’s big with the 18th century French philosophers like Rousseau, Voltaire, Montesquieu, etc. but definitely not aligned with Nietzsche.

4 Likes

I think the IQ of this thread just went up by a couple of points. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

2 Likes

And they’re gone again.

5 Likes

I also want to change my name, to something else because someone who knows me might find me here.
Pls how can I make this possible?

Just post what you want your new name to be as a reply to this post.

1 Like

My new name is SWITCH.

But Lion sounds so much better

1 Like

@BrainDance - you know what? Will keep it as Lion. No need to confuse my friends here at the forum anymore.

1 Like

@Lion I see my Manifestation worked :smiley:

1 Like

Haha. Next time I will ask your help when I need to manifest.

1 Like

@Simon, @RVconsultant - will keep my current user name Lion. As much as I like my raphael avatar, I don’t think we need more confusion at the forum.

2 Likes

It wasn’t that old a change. Everyone still remembers Raphael.

Besides, no need to be concerned about what others think. Be true to your self.

:hugs:

2 Likes

Hahaha

Man! You got a good point there.

Will make a name change back to the old name soon if it resonates with me. Else will stick to the current one.

EDIT: Now not only do I have to be concerned about changing stacks, I have to concerned about changing usernames too.

U S E R N A M E R E C O N C I L I A T I O N

7 Likes

My new name is FireDragon

Thanks in advance @RVconsultant @DarkPhilosopher

1 Like

Mods, can I have my username changed to “raphael”?

Thanks in advance :wink::joy:

2 Likes

Lol! Soon we will be exchanging names and blacktiger will be whitetiger, Anako will be Alphamale, JCast will be Palpatine,… And vice versa

1 Like

Guys, I’m sure it’s all in good fun but you’ve succeeded in confusing me now. And if people do start changing their names into the old guard names I think we’ll have to put a stop to changing names altogether. I’m generally opposed to members of the old guard to change their names already. It breaks brand recognition. Basically, I think that once you’re an Arch Alchemist you’re stuck with your name.

I was wondering the other day why it had been so long since I saw that blue raphael on the forum.

PS What’s with all the animal names? It’s turning into a zoo over here. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes