Business/ Wealth Generation Ideas

Hugh Hefner has left the chat.

On a more serious note, from my limited perspective, it seems like all the wealth generation ideas that do not involve being the middleman of some sort requires a resource/technology that only you possess.

This topic is centrally relevant to my selected goals.

Iā€™m listening with interest to what others offer.

Everyone loves a good zero to hero story. If we can document this on social media, with professional camera, before and after objective changes, build a following and then sell things to this following, seems like the sky is the limit.

What do you guys think?

How do you choose the person/people to be profiled and what do you do if they donā€™t achieve what others perceive as progress?

Notice I have not even mentioned how to market it and how to get a profit.

Howeverā€¦ If you think its a good idea how much money and effort are you going to put into it.

Iā€™d choose myself. Keep working at it,

Marketing can be done via social media, and a profit can be gained by selling to those following the journey.

At least this is what I have in my mind.

OK, so you start off as Sirchir the loser, what happens if you donā€™t start to create wealth? And remember you donā€™t get to redefine what wealth is unlike for example Malkuth who in his journal mentions not for profit organisations. The average viewer will expect wealth to refer to the usually accepted definition.

How do you differenciate yourself from all the others on social media selling self help? What allows you to charge when others give it away for free, or are you really only selling motivation like Gary Vee, Robbins/Graziolli or even an obvious conman like Samuel Leeds. Remember motivation is for losers, having said that there is clearly a market for it and it does give you the best chance for making the most money but do you really want to be a snake oil salesman?

Actually, the trick is to get others to think you have knowledge that they need, how are you going to do this?

What exactly will you be selling, how much will it cost you and how many do you need to sell to make a profit?

What do you do for a living?

1 Like

Actually, a lot of the ā€œzero to heroā€ or ā€œrags to richesā€ or ā€œlate bloomerā€ stories you see on the media contain lots of exaggerations and embellishments.

The narrative is often framed in a way such as to inspire the audience and therefore, the heroā€™s story has to sound replicable - details that are detrimental to the narrative have to be left out.

After all, the audience has to have a ā€œIf he can do it, so can Iā€ type of mentality after reading the heroā€™s story.

1 Like

Funny, I just thought about this thread this morning when I got an ad from one of the ā€œgurusā€ I did follow about 2 years ago.
Iā€¦ detest his visage.
Really, whatever you do, please do yourself, mankind and your profession a favor and stay away from anything that is related to showing people how to become rich or any form of abuse towards nature or other humans. People like this ruined the reputation of (online) marketing and it is a shame and I hope this message inspires you to choose to be different.

(This isnā€™t geared towards anyone in particular but towards everyone who is interested in this topic)

1 Like

I never said the journey has to be about building wealth. It could be overcoming a fear, it could be learning how to play a piano in record time etc.

1 Like

True. But results are results. If I couldnt run 500 meters to save my life, and I show my training, diet etc and now I complete a marathon with the official document from the race organizers showing my time, the result itself cant be embellish.

I agree 100%.

1 Like

What is the title of this thread?

If you detest his visage why on earth do you follow him? What is wrong with you?

Wealth is a byproduct of civilisation. People at our level will only get rich by meeting a need/want of other people. Other peoples wants/needs may not be the best for them yet is still the best way for what is good for them to exist even if very few take the good option.

Btw online marketing has always had a bad reputation but actually this is a good thing as less people are taken in by lies.

Sorry, it is a second language. I meant I did follow him in the past, but not anymore.

Iā€™m curious which guru this is, if you donā€™t feel comfortable announcing publicly would you share with me in PM who it is and why you detest them??

Oh and before all that he gives you a free ebook about how to make money online, in which he gives you 0 information on how to actually do it but only talks about his (supposedly his) story, how he got from nothing to everything in terms of money.

Sounds like Dan Lok, if itā€™s not him then itā€™s unfortunate how many of these high ticket ā€œgurusā€ are out there. I totally agree with you that thereā€™s way too many people praying on the hopeful and desperate

1 Like

I know Dan Lok. I watch his videos from time to time. But in his case I must say, I admire him for actually delivering value through his videos. There were interesting tips he shared here and there that were quite useful, but I havenā€™t bought anything from him because, as you said, the setup is the same for all.

Why not try asking audience to present you with a difficult challenge? E.g learn piano in 3 days, speak Spanish in a week, or beat a computer at chess. If you manage to pass those challenges, you get a reward from them depending on how difficult the challenges are. For example, if you canā€™t play the piano but master it enough to play like Richard Clayderman in 3 days, you will get a very big reward.

1 Like

Just because the title of this thread is about building wealth, it doesnt mean that the heroā€™s journey has to be about the same topic. The whole idea is to document the progress made (in various niches like losing weight, getting over social anxiety, learning a new language etc) on the various social media platform where applicable, build a following, and then sell to this community.

It it the selling to the community that brings in the money.