Beowulf's Journal - Golden Lover (2023)

March 26th 2023

:fountain_pen: Journal

:frowning_face: Recon
Facing some emotional recon. Feeling like Iā€™m not going to be able to make any major changes in my life and succeed. Feeling like a failure in general. Feeling like Iā€™m not as good as everybody else. Worried on whether I can really be somebody. Feeling stuck, stagnant and thinking that no real progress is being made.

Iā€™ll get over this but it sucks so far at the moment.

:woman: Social Interaction
The friend I mentioned before really loves texting me out of the blue and invited me to call her since I wasnā€™t busy at that moment. We have really good social chemistry. I might have found a great long-term friend. Will probably stop posting daily about this after this point unless something particularly interesting happens.

:crescent_moon: Ramadan - Day 4

:ferris_wheel: Habits

:droplet: Drinking Water - Day 4 (1 litre+)
Progress progress.

1 Like

March 27th 2023

:musical_note: Music Class
Ran the subs before class today. Noticed my teacher is more socially disinhibited, joyful and less angry when I mess up. We even laughed a couple of times during class. I even muttered a swear under my breath when I messed up and she laughed (:snowboarder: Daredevil at work )

Interestingly, I also think the subs I ran today made me a lot more relaxed while playing the piano and the result was that I played a lot smoother and my focus was a lot better.

:briefcase: Work - Cringe
Contacted a lead on the phone and cringed at myself at how I handled the conversation. I can see why :snowboarder: Daredevil may not be recommended for work, I blurted out that I call them because I didnā€™t hear a response from them in a casual fashion. Not going to blame :snowboarder: Daredevil though and realize Iā€™m going through a period of growing pains as I get used to my job.

:snowboarder: Notes on Daredevil
It seems both my girl and a friend of mine noted how silly and funny I was today. They both love it of course. Itā€™s funny because I donā€™t feel Iā€™d be as relaxed and witty in-person due to how ā€œtightā€ my body is due to my poor posture and breathing. Really feeling that if I can fix the physical side of myself, the social/status part of the scripting will shine through since my body feels like a limiting factor at the moment.

I also have to note how :snowboarder: Daredevil has been a social manifestation machine for me. Iā€™ve been having a lot more social interactions while running it as compared to before. Makes sense as itā€™s literally part of the Objectives and it gives opportunities for me to improve myself each time. Really enjoying it so far, definitely a favourite of mine and it feels very different from :star_struck: Stark and they arenā€™t really all that comparable to each other.

:couple_with_heart_woman_man: Blossoming Love
My relationship with my girl is improving every single day. We have a very deep love and care for each other that Iā€™m always grateful for. Makes me feel determined to ensure we can have a beautiful future together.

:crescent_moon: Ramadan - Day 5

:droplet: Drinking Water - Day 5 (1 litre+)
Itā€™s going to be difficult for me to chug down 4 litres of water during Ramadan, so until the end of Ramadan my goal would be to hit 2 or 2.5 litres consistently.

1 Like

Keep going man or take a day off. :sweat_smile:
Meh days come and go, like a grey cloud, hiding the sun. The sun is there, and you have built and worked on a beautiful world (your world) the past months, itā€™s all grey now becauase the sun is covered, but the sun will shine again. It must.

1 Like

Thanks my man, those are beautiful words of encouragement :raised_hands:

Honestly, I think it stems from the fact that this is the first period of my life where I am actually committing myself to getting better. Iā€™m also on a forum where people have amazing achievements already behind them from years of hard work. So I feel like Iā€™m lagging behind or that the subliminals are not doing as much as I want them to, which are both fallacious forms of reasoning.

I think itā€™s partly recon and partly because I need to realize that I have to look at the state of my temple (body) and the piety of the devotees within it (mind) - both of which are not in excellent condition. If I can work on cleaning up the temple, doing renovations and reach a state in which my internal sangha makes prayers of absolute devotion 24/7, then the gifts Iā€™ll receive from God will almost certainly be most abundant and flow endlessly into my life.

Congrats on the 10k run, Iā€™m impressed :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks man. Yeah, youā€™ve done alot off progress from what I see in your journal. I say just keep it up and trust your instinct. Easier said than done, but thatā€™s what I do every time I ā€œfallā€. We all fall from time to time.

1 Like

March 28th 2023

:briefcase: Work
Had a fair bit of social interaction at work. Noticed better eye contact. I think I was more charming here. Thereā€™s another guy around my age at work that is really charming and he can hold the room in anticipation with his silence. I noticed I donā€™t really do that, since I always want to fill in the space as soon as possible yet when Iā€™m silent, Iā€™m silent to the point where people ignore me. The balance required here is interesting :thinking:

I explained some concepts to the other guy and I think I did okay-ish. Honestly, could be better. He did seem to understand everything I taught him though. Also, I felt more authoritative than usual while teaching. Another issue I noticed is that I donā€™t properly enunciate my words and speak too quickly, which means people might not understand me. Something to note.

I feel like Iā€™m developing a ā€œsixth senseā€ that is in itā€™s bare infancy where I can tell what somebody is feeling and wants while interacting with them. Hard to explain for now. Seems like a specifically :speaking_head: True Sell result. Itā€™s also improving my ability to explain concepts to my colleague I mentioned earlier.

:speaking_head: Social Interaction - Notes
:snowboarder: Daredevil seems to give me a sort of ā€œchildishā€ flair when I interact with my girl and my friends. I tend to just speak whatever comes to mind and thereā€™s no filter to what Iā€™m saying. I seem to see it executing a lot with my friend (letā€™s call her Claire) since sheā€™s someone that likes to banter a lot, I do comebacks on the fly that seem to improve every day.

:speaking_head: True Sell is definitely making me choose words that are more colorful while writing and speaking - including my non-native language. Itā€™s useful when it work alongside with my improved ability to explain things through metaphor. Iā€™m also developing a sort of deeper, intuitive understanding of people.

Combine the two and you get a witty person who uses colourful imagery to convey ideas and jokes. Loving it so far, I wonder how far I can push it.

:flight_departure: Manifested Work Trip
Manifested another work trip, this time just for a day beginning of next week.

:moneybag: Wealth Anxiety
Need to start making some money. Making money has been at the back of mind. My mind throughout the day says, ā€œLetā€™s get some moneyā€, ā€œWe need to start getting cashā€, etc. I can survive on my savings for quite awhile but I need to start optimizing my workflow so I can make some serious cash. Seriously considering ā€œupgradingā€ :necktie: Ascension to :man_in_tuxedo: Ascended Mogul at the end of this cycle. I really prefer to just stick with :necktie: Ascension but an upgrade isnā€™t so bad, it wonā€™t affect my long-term plans.

:crescent_moon: Ramadan - Day 6

:droplet: Drinking Water - Day 6 (1 litre)
Consistent 1 litres have been good. I used to have lips that were quite dry and chapped before starting this habit. Now my lips are more moisturized, though not perfectly yet.

:running_man: Running - Day ???
Wanted to note that I was supposed to run today but forgot to do it. Not a big deal since tomorrow Iā€™ll be running my first ā€œofficialā€ 5K run according to the app and I need all the rest I can get. If I run tomorrow, Iā€™ll have 3 days of rest. Noticed I need 2 to 3 days of rest now, as Iā€™m increasing my distance.

:pen: Private-ish Journal

1. :banana: 28th March 2023
3 Likes

29th March 2023

:briefcase: Work
Did my remote work even if it was uncomfortable at times. Not much to note other than I notice that for me, it seems that fear, mild anxiety and uncomfortable situations hold me back from being productive. Consistently stepping outside of my comfort zone and getting used to feeling these but STILL take action is something I have to learn.

:small_red_triangle: Self-Organization
Today I finally used Todoist and put up a list of things I wanted to purchase. I also started using it to get me into thinking about what routines I need to do when it comes to work. I also searched for books related to sales. Sought out resources to improve my job. Also a deep desire to build a sort of teaching guide/course to myself so I can be clear on how to do my job systematically, as Iā€™m sort of confused at the moment.

I genuinely believe that if I put in the effort to create a good system for myself, I can excel in my work and beat 99% of my competition. I just need to first:-

1. Figure out what needs to be included
  2. How it ā€œflowsā€ - what steps are necessary and in what order
  3. Consistently do it, making adjustments and improve my efficiency

Once I set this up and execute it consistently, Iā€™ll almost certainly get results in a year.

:angry: Recon
Had some minor recon in terms of anger. Each time Iā€™m getting angry, Iā€™m noticing Iā€™m getting better and better at handling it. The intensity seems to be slowly going down each time too. Thatā€™s interesting to note.

:man: Social Interaction
Didnā€™t realize this at the time but writing it down here I realized a co-worker of mine asking me to hangout with him today is likely another :snowboarder: Daredevil manifestation. I refused since I was busy (not really) but Iā€™ll be sure to make time to see him tomorrow if possible.

:droplet: Drinking Water - Day 7 (1.3 litres)
My lips are dry and peeling off again. I realized that a few days ago I drank 2 litres of water but didnā€™t measure it properly. That was the reason my lips werenā€™t chapped/dry for a few days until yesterday.

:running_man: Running - Day ???
Didnā€™t run today yet, will be running in an hour since I havenā€™t slept the whole night. Or maybe I should just get enough rest and run tomorrow night? Weā€™ll see.

2 Likes

30th March 2023

:thinking: DĆ©jĆ  vu
Had a DĆ©jĆ  vu moment today. Felt like Iā€™ve seen this exact scenario along while ago.

:sleeping_bed: Procrastination
I have very serious procrastination issues that bothers me. It feels like I havenā€™t done anything serious in my life ever since I was a kid. I truly believed if I actually did the hard work, Iā€™ll be a completely different person now. Probably facing recon now.

:jigsaw: Puzzle Games
Today Saint started a thread to guess the new title coming out soon. Had a lot of fun thinking and making connections about what the title might be. Then I looked back and realized I really love playing puzzle games of all kinds. I remember way back in school 10 or so years ago where I played ā€œTower of Hanoiā€ and I got the highest score out of everyone in my class. Also thought of the board games I played with my friends and how much I enjoyed playing with them. There was one game where you had to figure things out like a mystery, that was my favourite.

If you know the videogame ā€œDanganronpaā€, I also loved playing that game (though didnā€™t finish it yet). I seem to be a fan of games that require a lot of thinking and mystery to them. Maybe that might be important in terms of my career? No idea.

:running_man: Running
Failed to break my personal record today. Itā€™s also the first official run by the app where I could have hit 5k (though Iā€™ve already hit that a few runs ago). Iā€™ve been very consistent in making progress and stopping halfway today when I got noticeably more tired than usual did suck a little bit.

Though, I did remember that itā€™s :crescent_moon: Ramadan and I likely did not drink enough water and get enough calories. My sleep has also been very shoddy since I had to wake up early to eat. Maybe Iā€™ll just try to maintain my running progress until Iā€™m done with :crescent_moon: Ramadan.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: Social Gaffe
Today I messaged my friend and said something that could be seen as creepy. Intended it to be more like banter. Itā€™s cool, just worried itā€™s awkward for now.

:frowning_face: Vent
I feel like a failure. Sometimes I doubt I can even be successful. Wasting all of my gifts and talents. Ugh, recon recon. Itā€™s funny because Iā€™ve met people in my life (a long time ago) who credit me for being inspirational and changing their lives, yet I donā€™t feel all that special at all. I need to feel like I actually am that person.

The ideal me is someone whoā€™s muscular, fit and healthy, with a charming and uplifting smile, who can lead people into making the right decisions. Helping out marginalized communities and people in general, forming deep connections and hanging out with amazing friends. Meet new people all the time, have deep and enjoyable conversations. Discover new things, figuring stuff out and learning more about the world and myself. Wealthy enough so I donā€™t have to worry about financial matters, money itself and the status symbol it provides doesnā€™t matter as much to me. Start a nice family, have some kids, raise them to be good people. Leave a longstanding impact on the world, changing the lives of countless people. Progress spiritually, whatever that means (since I have no clue at the moment!). Letting go of all regrets and emotional burdens.

Looking back, noticing this cycle Iā€™ve been getting a lot more recon. I wonder why. Is it because my sleep has been wrecked due to :crescent_moon: Ramadan? Maybe itā€™s because I feel like Iā€™m not making that much progress? Hard to say. Iā€™m thinking itā€™s the lack of regular sleep but Iā€™m not sure.

Anyways Iā€™m keeping this up on this journal instead of my Private-ish Journal, since thatā€™s where I usually put this kind of stuff. Will still link it though.

:crescent_moon: Ramadan - Day 8

:droplet: Drinking Water - Day 8 (1 litre)
Not much to note.

2 Likes

March 31st 2023

Writing this on the 1st of April, 2023. Written from the perspective of the 31st of March.

:cry: Recon
Went through a fair bit of emotional recon due to an incident today in which I made someone so disappointed they almost cried. It was a mess but weā€™re good now. I listened to all the subs listed for today except :fire: Libertine at that time. Iā€™m considering an extra rest day but Iā€™ll probably just grit through this.

:speaking_head: The Power of Word of Mouth
This was just a thought that came to mind. I was thinking of how powerful networks are. Any individual person probably knows at least a few dozen people and they know at least a few dozen more. If you know the whole concept of the six degrees of separation, that came to mind as well. Like Iā€™m connected to the President of the United States by a (theoretical) chain of at most seven people. I have no idea if the theory is true in of itself or proven but it makes intuitive sense.

It made me think of the power of building a good reputation. Also coincidentally I remembered about a Youtube Shorts from Alex Hormozi where he talked about all the great connections he made, he traced it back to just 1 person. I guess Iā€™m realizing the value or ā€œnetworthā€ of social value/social connections.

:heart: Love Bomb
Love Bomb is fun. People are always sweeter when you run it. Theyā€™re kinder and love you more. The way they talk is injected with sweetness of some sort. It feels like an Eros and Phillia type love, I would say. I love running these once in awhile just to feel good about myself.

Also maybe itā€™s just me but whenever I run this, an old post I made on the forum gets randomly liked by someone. Itā€™s happened so many times that I thought it was worth noting.

:ear: Subliminal Input
Today is a little heavy and is a break from recommendations but doing this once per cycle is fine for me. Do it too much and Iā€™ll suffer the consequences though. Just wanted to break from the monotony of the stack and inject some fun and life into it.

:crescent_moon: Ramadan - Day 9

:droplet: Drinking Water - Day 9 (1 litre)
Itā€™s already Day 9? Man, thatā€™s faster than I expected. While itā€™s still 1 litre today, I shifted my water intake from being mostly done at night to being mostly done in the morning. So I could have drank another litre at night but forgot too. Confident Iā€™ll hit 2 litres tomorrow.

:books: Resources

Adding an extra section to my journal, for anything that caught my eye for that day. @Joa23 Iā€™m not sure how much better is your condition now but the second video might interest you.

3 Likes

Even though its a long process, Im feeling way better that I did when it all started. Consider that 3 months ago I was in constant pain and couldnt sit, now its more of a feeling of disconfort and I cam sit for a while no problem.
Im practicing Feldenkrais every day and doing hypnosis regularly.

Thanks for asking!! Im gonna check the video later, I have a busy saturday.

1 Like

April 1st 2023

Writing this on the 2nd of March, 2023. Written from the perspective of the 1st of April, 2023.

:snowboarder: Worse Recon
Well, it wasnā€™t to the point I actually shed tears but it was really rough. I think Iā€™ve figured out exactly why Iā€™m facing so much recon. I think itā€™s because all of the emotional recon-related things going on in my head all relate to other people and how they view me. Itā€™s all about, ā€œOh I disappointed this personā€, ā€œI wonder if this person doesnā€™t like me now becauseā€¦ā€, ā€œWhy canā€™t I talk like this?ā€ and so on.

I think the major culprit here is :snowboarder: Daredevil ā€œhelpedā€ by :speaking_head: True Sell. It was a bad, negative spiral at night. It was hard to go through. Iā€™ll finish this cycle no matter what and weigh my options later.

In terms of habits, Iā€™ll be focusing on 3 more habits this month. The theme this month is :man_dancing: Physical Health. The 3 habits will be:-

1. :man_cartwheeling: Calisthenics
  2. :egg: High-Protein Lifestyle
  3. :sleeping: Sleep

:droplet: Drinking Water - Day 10 (1 litre)
Almost made it but still forgot. Iā€™m still glad Iā€™m above my baseline though.

:egg: High-Protein Lifestyle (5 eggs)
Got my 5 hard-boiled eggs in. Was not uncomfortable for me to consume.

April 2nd 2023

:grimacing: More Recon
Had a fair bit of emotional recon left before running my stack. It went away after listening, though thereā€™s still traces of it.

:fire: Libertine
Youā€™ll notice I donā€™t talk about the results from this. Letā€™s just say the results are very, very good :grin: . I did get exhausted after I was done doing the deed though, since the aura likely used a fair bit of energy. Considering using :diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: Diamond next time instead even if itā€™s a long-distance thing, maybe Iā€™d be surprised.

:crossed_swords: Spartan?
Considering delaying my Social Mastery X custom until Iā€™ve worked on my physique with :crossed_swords: Spartan. Iā€™ll spend some more time thinking about this, as I have a fair bit of time until the start of my next cycle.

:fountain_pen: Journaling - Day ???
Tomorrow I plan to purchase :open_book: Diarium on PC and Android to start offline journaling. Nothing will change for my journal here and the Private-ish Journal, itā€™s just that Iā€™ll be able expand on things that can only be truly understood by myself. This can be considered an expansion of my :fountain_pen: Journaling habit.

:man_standing: Stretching - Day ???
Iā€™ve been slacking on this for a bit. I plan to make this a daily habit once I tackle my sleep soon. I came to an understanding of what my body needs after watching that video on fascia.

:droplet: Drinking Water - Day 11 (1.6 litres)
Not quite 2 litres but quite good nonetheless. Iā€™ll expand on this concept later but drinking water being important to how flexible my body is was an important link Iā€™ve never truly internalized before.

Your thread is DENSE! It took me two days to get through everything :laughing: I see a lot of myself in your posts, both good points and bad points, and I think thatā€™s why your advice has tended to suit me too. Youā€™re tackling a lot and I wish you the best of luck! :pray:

One thing Iā€™m really curious about ā€“ and you know my journal so Iā€™m definitely not one to talk ā€“ but it seems like youā€™re forcing yourself to do your job and itā€™s not a fit for you. I say that because I read a lot about you organizing and preparing and procrastinating but not really much about performance or closing deals. And given that your job is straight up sales, Iā€™m assuming if you arenā€™t performing youā€™re at risk. Is that a fair assessment? Iā€™m sorry if I didnā€™t read closely enough or missed some things.

Itā€™s just that you seem like youā€™d be a fantastic therapist, counselor, or coach. Or some job that involves teaching/advising with emphasis on 1-1 situations or the written word. Or maybe part of the sales process that involves client satisfaction/management?

Also, I see that Chinese isnā€™t your priority, but if you ever start hitting chinese characters seriously Iā€™d love to be your accountability partner. As you know, I study them every day (writing-based drills) and itā€™s a habit I know is extremely hard to develop when starting out. (I could use the extra support myself some days, too)

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I didnā€™t expect someone to read my entire journal, so Iā€™m a little surprised and embarrassed lol.

Youā€™re absolutely right. I guess you can say I donā€™t really love a lot of aspects of this job. The only process that I do enjoy is the process of speaking to the prospect, deeply getting to know them and their situation to find out whatā€™s best for them, then delivering on that. The other parts are fairly boring and monotonous.

Also as Iā€™m doing high-ticket sales, the level of skill required is much higher than say, selling a bottle of water at a marathon. The decisions made here are really big-life decisions for 99% of people, so thoughts of me potentially messing up their lives definitely keep me from being more aggressive. Withholding and misleading people is not my thing as well and so I worry if I am doing those things just so I can get a sale.

And yeah sales have not been good so far, hence why I havenā€™t talked about that part of the process as much. Iā€™m definitely at risk. Iā€™m at risk of not being able to eat if I donā€™t sell, since itā€™s purely commission-based :joy: . Thatā€™s why Iā€™m reconsidering my stack for my next cycle quite heavily now.

You make a great point on this job probably not being a good fit for me. I have always had a poor work ethic my whole life though so I want to see if once I fix that, Iā€™ll change my thoughts and feelings about this job or if I should look elsewhere in the short-term.

I do greatly enjoy helping people out, itā€™s one of my greatest joys in life to do so. I actually planned to be a part-time English teacher since it sounds kind of fun but then I had to focus on this sales job and the ROI didnā€™t seem worth it compared to it. Honestly, all of those jobs you mentioned sound appealing to me and Iā€™d be emotionally satisfied doing them. The problem for me is, how can I get satisfaction from doing such work and also get a lot of money so I can create a massive, long-lasting, permanent, positive impact on the world at large?

The solution is, I have this long-term plan to just do this to get enough money to do my own thing, which I believe is either going to be a more creative-oriented job or it would involve entrepreneurship of some kind. Whichever one itā€™d be, I have very strong ambitions of leading, organizing and being involved with social movements - so my career needs to be integrated, related to or be compatible in some way with that.

Before I die I want to know I did what I could to help the most amount of people in the greatest number of ways possible. Whatever career I pursue or whatever my lifeā€™s work may be, has to fulfill that vision in some way. I will die a happy man once that happens. If there was a Beowulfā€™s Law of Robotics, itā€™d be:-

1. Create massive, long-lasting, permanent, positive change for the world at large.
  2. Have an emotionally satisfying and fulfilling life filled with contentment and joy.
    2a) If reincarnation exists, then ensure this is the case for my future lives as well.
  3. Become the kind of person that is able to fulfill (1) and (2).

Also my brain is fooling me here since I swore you said the word :superhero: Chosen somewhere in here and now I canā€™t find it :joy: . I think this is a sign since there was a reply to me that stated my posts made them think I was running :superhero: Chosen. What you said here definitely makes me consider running :superhero: Chosen or any other titles from the :sun_with_face: Chosen line sooner than I expected, as I feel like itā€™s the archetype that is most naturally suited to me.

I would absolutely love that!

In my experience, people from my country and in China tend to just type the pinyin and select the characters. I think itā€™s higher ROI to just learn to recognize the characters and the pinyin associated with them rather than writing them out physically with a pen or finger. Iā€™ve seen someone say it cut their learning time by half, since the process is quite tedious. What do you think about that?

Iā€™ll definitely hit you up once I start tackling it seriously. What I call my ā€œhabit loopā€ for Chinese isnā€™t going to be tackled until around June, I think. Also, youā€™re learning Chinese and Japanese? Thatā€™s impressive.

Appreciate the response, it gave me some food for thought.

Yeah, OK thatā€™s the vibe I got. Well, Iā€™m assuming high-ticket sales have a longer cycle so it makes sense that you wouldnā€™t necessarily be banging out deals one after another. And speaking out of pure ignorance, Iā€™d assume that your personality and character traits would make it BETTER for you to sell to people making life-changing decisions. I think people these days are more informed and definitely prefer that to the archetypical salesman. Are you able to form a team and maybe work with someone who is good at the parts of the sale that you hate?

Yeah good callā€¦ donā€™t be an English teacher unless itā€™s at the university level with all the benefits that come with that. :laughing:

I still donā€™t know enough about these subliminals to give any sort of opinion, but what youā€™ve said about your goals and Chosen do seem to line up to me!

No, I only study Japanese but they use Chinese characters heavily and most Japanese people study a bit of Chinese as part of their education. For me, Iā€™m aiming for the first 3000 and if I can keep it going then eventually up to 6000 and stop (the highest level they test for here thatā€™s way beyond daily life)

As for the learning process, people say that exact same thing about Japanese. ā€œThese days everyone uses computers and smartphones so thereā€™s no need to write, or learn how to write them. Japanese people donā€™t write, they use the kanji converters on their phones.ā€ And as a beginner I believed them because it made logical sense and appealed to my laziness, but now I understand how wrong that is. Think about English words. Idk about you but most of us go through absolute hell learning spelling and punctuation rules, doing spelling bees and writing countless essays. Itā€™s only by going through that that we truly own words. Me using autocorrect on my iPhone and someone who learns English vocab purely through flashcards using autocorrect is completely different.

When you only study by recognizing characters they arenā€™t yours. Youā€™re just borrowing them. And if you havenā€™t actually been forced to write them and study their meanings it can be hard as fuck to even visually distinguish or understand them. Your mind doesnā€™t store them the same way, and youā€™ll eventually realize you canā€™t visualize them either ā€“ which is a huge sign you havenā€™t mastered the character yet.

So people say ā€œOh I often confuse å³¶ć€é³„ć€é³“ or ēƒ and ꕑā€ when those are actually quite easy and immediately distinguishable. I say, study how the natives study and youā€™ll understand it close to how they do.

Writing just to write IS a bit bullshit in this day and age. Iā€™m not talking about writing a character out 10 times every day. But writing practice via drills (youā€™re prompted with a reading and you produce the character) and writing characters with their associated readings from memory is the way to do it. Although I think Chinese basically has one reading for one character? Is that correct? Using Anki is a huge advantage for us in modern times, and if you start studying that way it will be faster long term because your brain will learn how to learn them, youā€™ll ACTUALLY learn them, and you wonā€™t have as many holes when youā€™re done ā€“ even if itā€™s a bit more tedious. Itā€™s a fucking grind so you might as well grind properly one time and be finished.

1 Like

Youā€™re absolutely right and I need to leverage that properly. Yours words have made me reconsider the direction of my stack and my short-term goals.

This is also true. I clearly can do this but never thought about this.

I remembered you talked about not liking the :superhero: Chosen archetype since youā€™ve met a lot of people masquerading to be good people. Hopefully I can prove to you in some way that there are people who are truly genuine who do as they say. :grin:

Youā€™ve made a very good point here. You gave me inspiration of a theory on how one could just focus on writing the core components of the characters as in Chinese, all characters are made up of smaller ā€œpartsā€. If I can focus on just writing those repeatedly, I could theoretically spot the difference in the words youā€™ve shown me immediately as I recognize the parts that make up the whole. Iā€™ll put it to the test at some point.

Not quite. Itā€™s like ā€œreadā€ in English, depending on the context the character is pronounced differently. Though Iā€™m not sure how common that is.

1 Like

6/4/2023 - 3:11 AM

Iā€™m going monk mode.

Iā€™m tired of being stagnant. Iā€™ve been very slowly breaking out of my suffocating inertia that has kept me in a cage of complacency and inaction my whole life. To outsiders, my actions may not seem significant at all but to me I did literally nothing that could be considered self-improvement my whole life. So the past few months have been a major change for me.

Yet, itā€™s still not enough. I have to change rapidly or I will drown when calamity comes upon me. I need to learn to swim as soon as I can. I know I am destined for greatness, I am not meant to be stuck, helplessly flailing my arms as I sink into the depths.

I will journal offline until the end of the month, as I will be beginning a 25 day washout until April 30th. I will go into processing mode for the subs and clear out my mind, as Iā€™ve been listening to SubClub for years now without a long washout. I am revamping my plans for my subs next month, as I have come to a realization of what is truly needed. :necktie: Ascension has been useful to me to crack open my shell but now I need to start getting serious and take action with my own two hands to break free.

Debilitating recon has been claiming my mind this past week but it also gave me clarity. Clarity of what needs to be done so I can succeed. Iā€™ve changed my long-term subliminal plans, my short-term goals and my immediate needs to reflect that.

I will return to the forum beginning May 1st with a new journal. Until then, Iā€™ll be working on myself to revamp my identity. I will succeed. I will be back.

Adios :wave:

4 Likes

:muscle:
Adios my friend and hope to see you soon.

2 Likes

I already know youā€™re not a phony, youā€™ve shown me nothing but love since Iā€™ve come here. :heart: Maybe itā€™s Khanā€™s effect but Iā€™m starting to come around to the idea of opening up and sharing good vibes again. Starting to lol

Yep! Youā€™re exactly right ā€“ not a theory, thatā€™s basically how it works and how youā€™ll naturally start to study and remember them over time.

Thatā€™s a hard barrier to get through!! I guess reading is extremely important to get used to parsing them then. One of my friends from Taiwan said he never really studied grammar. I found that hard to believe but Chinese is much different than I realized then.

Will be waiting for you man. Good luck on the pathā€¦ I hope I have some good stuff to tell you too when you come back!

2 Likes

åŠ ę²¹!!!

2 Likes