Being Assertive vs Being an jerk

I’m sort of at a point here that I don’t know what to do about. I continue to run Dragon Reborn which I love and it has definitely made me feel more mature and able to deal with inconveniences and disappointment far better than I ever have but I feel that I am still tolerating shit I shouldn’t have to and I’m not sure if becoming "alpha " in some way through Ascension, Ascended Mogul , Emperor, Emperor HOM , Stark, GLM Ultima, would be the best route to take or if I just continue running Dragon Reborn which I intend to do either way and that this is Alpha scripting in one of the stages I have yet to run?..
@SaintSovereign @Fire @DarkPhilosopher @RVconsultant ???

4 Likes

It’s reconciliation, don’t give in. :+1:

1 Like

You are playing DR, are you doing it solo still or did you go ahead and buy R.I.C.H ?

1 Like

I mostly used Stage 4, and I definitely felt like there was Ascension scripting in it.
Or it was just unleashing my natural/authentic confidence.

Can’t tell for sure.

He’s doing DR + EOG + RICH … and Executive. :smile:

4 Likes

If you already made clear what you won’t tolerate to yourself, then it’s time to have conversations with those you’re around as well. Being assertive is making your needs and wants known. Sometimes people don’t know how to treat you until you tell them. Takes practice to do, no matter what subliminal you run. The goal of subs is to have us think our way into a new way of acting; but often times, it helps the process when you combine it with acting your way into a new method of thinking.

Basically reverse feedback, when you stand up for yourself successfully, your subconscious notices and makes you more comfortable with asserting yourself in future situations. I began to figure this out before I ever even knew subliminals existed.

4 Likes

You want respect. Me too. Here is something I’ve been thinking about.

I think what you might be saying is that you don’t want to be so healed that you become a doormat.

For me, it’s been that I intellectually notice when someone is being a jerk to me, but it rarely bothers me. I know I’ll walk away, and they have to go back to their life (which is probably full of misery), and I get to go back to mine, which I quite like.

I think it’s more of a matter of energy conservation. My energy is directed at healing and my goals, rather than locking horns with people who think they are trying out alpha me.

I think we are living in a world (and perhaps with a biology) that has status as a priority, and various means of obtaining it. Outsmarting. Out framing. Out doing. Putting others down. Making more money. And so forth.

I don’t know if I have an answer. I’ve just decided that I notice that it is happening, and if I might be in a situation that would require assertiveness, to be prepared. I find the book “When I say no I feel guilty” has helpful methods.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. I ran Love Bomb before bed last night and I feel significantly better. I was letting a lot of negativity and criticism get to me. It was a waste of my energy and time

3 Likes

I found when I ran Emperor solo and later Ascension solo I was being a dick and it was a real problem.

I’d like to see if running DR can help me find some happy medium.

2 Likes

Respect is earned.

There’s absolutely no need to be a jerk to have respect.

Just be a decent human being, work on your craft, achieve your goals. That’s how you earn respect without being a dick.

And that will not make you a doormat either. You will have confidence to stand up for yourself.

2 Likes

I would give you a hug and tell you I love you but we both know that’s not us

3 Likes

Basically find your core values and live in congruence with them, that’s how you are assertive

then realize you must give others the same kind of freedom and rights you give yourself

if you deserve to behave a certain way, perhaps others do too (of course there may be situational exceptions but you gotta ask this question to yourself)

Treat others fairly is what I mean

(Golden rule)

I think this sums up how to be assertive without being a jerk

2 Likes

@James I think this is a better summary.

The thing is, I don’t even have to think about it. It’s as though DR and other subs are forcing my energy to healing and goals, rather than trying to out-alpha someone or gain status. I don’t know how to explain it any better than that.

4 Likes

@James

There are some really good ideas in this thread.

1 Like

The hug one being the best obviously