Unfortunately, we’re going to have to delay Q a bit. This also means having to cancel our name embed tests – for now.
A helpful member of the community informed us of a “competitor” who was potentially stealing our files and reselling them under different names. After a thorough investigation, we can confirm that they’ve done just that. These pirates attempted to modify the length of the files in order to change the hash, but unfortunately for them, we’ve included “markers” within all of our titles that allow us to identify if someone has stolen our titles and are presenting them as their own. Even if these thieves were aware of the markers, attempting to remove them would render the subliminal useless. We’ve since initiated legal action.
We’re not going to post the name of this website, but if you’ve seen it, you’ll know it. Not only did they steal our files, they also attempted to mimic the way we write our copy, design our product boxes, the way we name our titles, etc.
To prevent this from happening to titles created by Q, we’ve asked our Director of Technology to devise a system that would allow us to quickly identify stolen or pirated titles. We’ve spent far too much money on Q to allow unscrupulous characters who want to profit off our hard work, or think it’s “funny” to steal from us to do these things without recourse.
The delay will be short – our Director of Technology is working non-stop to implement and test various solutions.
Place questions, comments here.