Are there any INFJs on this forum?

I take my opinion back on INFJ, as described it really fit my personality but honestly, I’ve been so strange and adaptable through my life that logical and scientific test like that simply cannot put me into a category or box. Let me explain myself.

I’m feeling pretty balanced between all four components determining personality, many of them are determined upon the situation. For example.

• I’m very extrovert in social events yet I’m most often spending time alone because people around me don’t understand my though processes, goals and way of thinking so I see no need for spending a lot of time with them. If I had another circle I things could get turned around.

• Straight up Intuitive, not debatable.

• When it comes down to thinking or feeling it’s situational as well. I know when to use both, for example I would use logic when it’s an important decision yet I would use feeling in lesser important situations so I can please others. When it comes down to making a decision relying on my own self I most often go with logic so that makes thinking. Do you see how all of this is situational?

• Judger or Perceiver? Both yet again depending on the situation.

I cannot be put in a box like that, it depends on your underlying programs, not your personality and it can change and be adaptable in my opinion.

Give me y’all input on it because I do want to take advantage and look into this further.

I honestly think you’re dominant in each of these characteristics at birth but over time balance them out. I’m feeling pretty balanced in all of them but the second one where I will always stick to the intuitive part. All three others I change upon situation.

2 Likes

@Hermit - it’s possible you are an INFJ then. They are the most adaptable type both with respect to people and situations. You are describing an INFJ and when I was describing myself on the advice part, it described you too.

And yes, we do have the ability to be balanced on this. We learn to improve ourselves and we change. That’s why even though am intrigued by the MBTI profiles, I try to not to take it too seriously lest I fall into the trap of not changing for the better and just blaming things on my personalty type.

I feel like we can go beyond this, just like we can go beyond any type of boxes we are labelled with.

1 Like

I used to be more sensing in my earlier days, now I’m way more intuition because of certain events that happened in my life. Same goes for extroversion, I used to be really extrovert now I’m more of an introvert because of certain things that happened in my life that I like to work on privately, as people don’t have an understanding of it anyway. As for the other categories it is kind of the same… I think you get the concept here.

Anyway according to me knowledge this is just another method that conceptualizes human personality aka psychology. These four categories to me pretty much sum up the four elements; earth, fire, water & air in a way, just another system. The elements are the true underlying mechanisms of everything that is, it’s a way better system of understanding yourself and the world around you. Science has yet to catch up with what has already been discovered.

• Earth could mean extrovert or introvert (grounding).
  • Air intuition or sensing (intellect)
  • Water is feeling or thinking which is logic (emotions)
  • Fire is passion but that could relate to judging or perceiving (passion/action)

These are just polarities, water so to say is feeling and an absence of water is logic instead of feeling because the emotions of feeling don’t interrupt your logical thinking process. So you could be very logical but take an emotional decision because of this. In fact if you’re very logical and feel the emotional feeling upon making a decision and are aware of it, you could still be going with the logic.

2 Likes

@Hermit - oh how well you show me the desire of us INFJs to categorise things. We also love to relate and connect different concepts together. Like you do with the MBTI and Elements. I do the same. And a good example is when I connected Robert Greene’s books with the Archetypes and with the SubClub subs here. Will tag you in that post

2 Likes

Robert Greene’s concept of archetypes is another system to explain sephiroth of the Kabbalah which are perhaps the most truthful concept of reality. This is why I suggest you do ritual work and study these concepts because they will give you a much broader vision on how everything fits together in reality.

In actuality I wouldn’t be a INFJ anymore within two years and then I can be again in 5 years if my personality changes. On the other hand the description of INFJ and what you relate to it above it probably a combination of N (Intuition) & J (Judging) >

Any other #N#J would do this as well.

2 Likes

Thanks! Will take it later today, first have to get my mind some rest.

2 Likes

I came to the final conclusion to switch between four different MBTI types depending on the situation.

Being,

• INFJ & ENFJ
  • INTJ & ENTJ

I can pretty much switch between all four, I’m much of an actor when it comes down to it, it’s worth to mention that it all goes natural as well. I’m feeling most natural with INFJ & ENFJ, INTJ being third. Another thing to add into my library of understanding lol. Is this every going to stop?

2 Likes

@Hermit - haha! You might be the ‘Super MBTI’

2 Likes

I’m like water my friend. I’m shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot.

~ Bruce Lee

2 Likes

Actually @Lion the MBTI system is really conceptual and not very accurate because one so called ‘INFJ’ could be a totally different person compared to another ‘INFJ’, every person is totally unique and I’ll explain why. This might just give you more insight into your own personal self.

Every each one of us is born at a certain specific time at which there was a certain specific astrological clockwork of the heavens in which the planets where aligned upon birth. Your natal chart & personal name accurately determine your real personality. I explained of the elements earlier today, each astrological sign has a certain element to it, depending on that astrological sign, planets and houses one would know how he or she would act specifically upon a certain situation.

So that’s why the test that @Simon linked it way more accurate in determining your overal MBTI because it works in percentages, it says how much % of an introvert you’re compared to an extravert and then it takes the higher average of all combined questions. But still it’s not accurate test because one would ask 10000 questions for it to be as accurate as interpreting your natal chart.

2 Likes

@Hermit - there are indeed loads of possibilities in what we are. For example, I am an INFJ and a Leo. Now I could either put it down to the way I was made or I can say that i am so because I believe that.

Ultimately, I don’t think we will know completely about what the truth is whether it is personalty type or anything else. But there is joy in finding about ourselves while at the same time, improving ourselves.

In short, we can be as flexible and malleable as water but then we have to remember that even in that scenario we could also end up being as fixed as the element water and end up not being fire, earth or air (of course Bruce Lee meant change with his quote but then am usually irreverent when it comes to making a point ;))

1 Like

Yes Leo is your sun sign but how about all other planets, in which signs are those located and in which houses determining where that particular energy is projected in your life. That would give you a truthful insight of your personality.

• My sun is Scorpio while my Moon is Gemini and my Ascendant is Sagittarius. Scorpio has two ruling planets Mars & Pluto, my Mars is in Libra and my Pluto is in Sagittarius. Scorpio is a sign of death & regeneration a ‘rebirth’ under certain scenarios so to say.

As you can I clearly know all the aspects of my chart out of my head and I understand the relations between them. I can clearly say that what I’m talking about is truthful and not ‘woo woo’ for all those skeptics out there yet to realize the truths of the universe - not saying you are one. Just sharing my knowledge for the better.

In all honesty, astrology & numerology is the most correct and accurate system of determining your personal character and energy.

2 Likes

@Hermit - there is definitely truth in astrology and numerology too. My moon sign is Libra and my ascendent is Scorpio. Also my Ennegram is 33.

I feel that our personality is definitely made up of the sum of all these different parts (INFJ+Leo+libra+scorpio+33+etc) while at the same time having room to change what is written.

2 Likes

The way this thread is going, your career choices are obvious.

Astrologer

:smile:

2 Likes

Astrology is the most accurate system currently to be known on earth and it will always be - the planetary alignments are the origin of your personality. Human’s just haven’t fully understood the significance of each planet as of it.

@Simon

2 Likes

@Simon - haha! More like “starts being an astrologer and then wonders what else he is missing. Drops astrology and back to square one”

2 Likes

[RANT]

All this is why is I posted about Cognitive Functions right at the top.

General MBTI sites are mostly meaningless.
Just like in Astrology, knowing your sun sign means almost nothing;
a superficial awareness of your MBTI Type … means almost nothing.

And most of what has been posted in this thread is universal experience these days.
With internet, who doesn’t feel like there are a ton of options that they are failing to decide & act on.
Plus, every brain is pattern matching device. Everyone makes connections. Some Types just take it more seriously. :slight_smile:

It’s NOT Intuitive vs Sensory, or Thinker vs Feeler … everyone has ALL sides.
The question is of FUNCTION … how and where you USE them.

So for me - ENTP, my functions are Ne Ti Fe Si
Meaning:
My intution & feeling are Extroverted - thats the side of me that other people get to see.
My thinking & sensory are Introverted - I use them when I’m alone.

What most of you see in my posts is an expression of Fe & Ti,
I try to empathize & care to choose my words to have a positive affect,
but the thought process itself is governed by the Thinker - because when using the forum, I’m alone (introverted), not interacting LIVE with anyone.
Ti is a perfection-seeking mechanism, which is why MANY of my posts have several edits.

In the real world where people get to meet me, I’m a lot more awesome. :blush:
They don’t see the Ti’s organized thinker, worrying about precise words…
They get to meet Ne Fe - the wittiest, super smart, super learner, most contributing, ideas filled person they’ve ever met in their lives.

[And I’m gonna leave this post as is, right now.
I don’t even know if I’ve made clear point, or only bragged.
This is a Ne at work.
I’ve clearly missed saying anything on Si
Fuck it.]

:smile:

5 Likes

@Simon - of course. It’s whether you use the information you know or not that makes it useful or otherwise.

Some of us like to “Know thyself” just for this reason. In the end, we choose different paths to such realizations, whether it is astrology or MBTI or a sum of different protocols.

The interesting thing is that even if the system of understanding ourselves is flawed (eg if one doesn’t believe in astrology), the information it provides can be a gateway to self awareness. And am not talking about just awareness for the sake of it. I mean how we use such self realizations to apply it and/or improve on it (for eg using MBTI profiles to understand and change our lives for the better instead of just making excuses for the way we are)

3 Likes

Spent a long time diving into this topic years ago. Have a warm spot for it.

One interesting point for you @Lion. Carl Jung developed the framework of psychological functions ( which was later elaborated into the MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) system by mother-daughter wonder team, Katharine Briggs and Isabel Briggs-Myers). Jung himself had introverted intuition as his dominant function. As an INFJ, Introverted Intuition is also your dominant function. That’s a pretty impressive person with whom to share qualities in common.

Deeply exploring and appreciating your dominant function is a worthwhile exercise that can reveal aspects of your giftedness.

Four psychological functions. Each function active in the world of external action and interaction or in the domain of internal reflection and processing. This results in 8 functions to be understood. As people have said, everyone has access to all eight functions. But they are arranged hierarchically for each person.

One important point to recognize: the so-called inferior function(s). The psychological function least accessible to your conscious intention. People often consider that to be a weakness. It is not. It is only a weakness from the perspective of conscious control. In fact, those ‘least skilled’ aspects of yourself are the ones most intimate and most closely aligned with the subconscious/unconscious aspects of mind.

It’s a mistake to wish for every part of yourself to be in the sunlight. Your internal organs belong inside your body. The tree’s roots belong underground. That’s where they are healthiest and provide the greatest value. It’s not an evolutionary flaw that guides us to ‘prefer’ certain functions and to ‘have difficulty with’ others. Each position, from dominant down to inferior, has its own strengths and its own roles to play.

5 Likes

That’s a deeply insightful statement, @Malkuth. Definitely something that is worth meditating over.

And yes, Carl Jung was (most probably) an INFJ and it’s something I sometimes am in awe of. And appreciate too inspite of all the issues I have being an INFJ. But yes, your words are encouraging in that regard.

Not everything is meant to be in the sun. Things in the dark have their value too. And that’s just perfect since Carl Jung was a big proponent (and the first proponent too) of integrating your Shadow Self.

3 Likes