Apollo: A New Workout Custom

Most would probably suggest 0.82g (minimum) to 1g protein per bodyweight.

Calculate your overall calories needed, aim for 0.82g-1g protein per BW and that’s really all you need. Carbs and fats you don’t really need to worry too much about as long as you’re hitting your calories and protein intake.

What he said.

2 Likes

I’m going to try this to start. It translates to about 1g of protein per lb of body weight. I would estimate that I need about 2000 calories for maintenance level with moderate exercise. 1750 cuts enough off my total needs to cut fat at a reasonable pace.

P C F Total
Calories 700 525 525 1750
Percent 40% 30% 30% 100%

Does this seem reasonable to you?

Felt inspired to draft a meal plan based on 1.0 protein : weight ratio and 40-30-30 Protein-Carbs-Fat. About 1800 calories.

Grams Calories
Protein Carbs Fat Protein Total
Pre-Workout
Protein Powder 25 8 2 100 110
Recovery
Post Jym 0 120 0 0 120
Breakfast
Cereal 2.5 126 14 10 150
Soy Milk (3/4c) 4.5 33 24 18 75
Nuts (1/4c) 4 12 168 16 196
Lunch
Tuna 17 0 2 68 70
Bread (2sl) 8 142 66 32 240
Cheese Stick 18 12 216 72 300
Protein Bar 20 64 56 80 200
Afternoon
Total 174 541 554 696 1791
30% 31% 39%
1 Like

Nothing like coming back from a fierce workout and seeing my new workout custom sitting in my inbox.

Shout out #1 to @luther24: Great advice on starting a diet plan ahead of the custom.

Shout out #2 to @Brandon: More great advice on protein uptake. I have never consumed that much protein. I must say that it is really helping my strength and size gains. My arms are now 13.5" and I feel bulkier.

Shout out #3 to @Invictus: Your journals are inspirational and you always give great advice.

Hmmm…I wonder how you guys became Forum Ambassadors?? :thinking: :grinning:

4 Likes

New cover art for Apollo custom

2 Likes

Glad I could help dude.

There’s this awesome guy on YouTube that I just started following who has great advice. It’s pretty common advice, for me anyhow, but it makes a lot of simple sense and doesn’t over complicate things.

Hopefully this helps you.

3 Likes

Great results.

Are you having soy milk? It isn’t conducive to testosterone production. Please replace it with something else.

Thanks. Will look into that. I use it to flavor my cereal.

1 Like

@Invictus, did you mention something in your journal about running your work out custom right before your work outs? Or maybe an hour before? I can’t recall. Also, do you run it before every work out or on the every other day schedule?

1 Like

Yep, listening right before working out increases a bit more of my strength and acts like a pre workout.

Recently I’ve just been doing the every other day schedule, keeping it simple, but might change eventually.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve been running it before work outs every day I work out.

1 Like

On days you want faster recovery, run it after your workout :wink:

1 Like

@SaintSovereign, I find the combination of True Sell and Love Bomb For Humanity is as awesome as it gets. I am inherently socially introverted. This combo brings out my personality like nothing else, while my intellect, wit, humor, charisma, and speaking ability are like on steroids. I feel a sense of liberty, freedom on these subs.

I honestly feel these are two ingenious subs, two of the best you have ever made.

Don’t sleep on these subs.

1 Like

@Invictus, you may find this interesting. My reaction to True Sell and Love Bomb For Humanity is like Wanted but in a very different way. It’s like an “arrogance” but wrapped in humor. When I speak with women it comes off as I don’t give a shit, but what I say is never insulting. And if you don’t like what I have to say, I don’t care. I’m a libertarian and a capitalist, and it fits my personality perfectly.

The net impact is very much being “Wanted”.

1 Like

So…too much of a good thing is not a good thing. I am growing and getting a lot stronger. I have improved by bench 1RM from 125lb to 175lb and my arms from 12.5" to 13.25" in about a month.

However, I have been overplaying my workout sub. The masculine energy from the sub is overpowering. On the one hand, I am training like crazy and working feverishly as a new investor. I have learned so much and developed a passion for macroeconomics and investing. On the other, I feel like I am overtraining and becoming too driven, impatient, and anxious.

So, we adjust. I am going to do a one week washout from the exercise custom and focus on True Sell and LBFH for the next week, sticking to the every other day schedule. Once my masculine/aggressive energies levels reduce to a more comfortable level, I will resume. I will incorporate more rest days into my workout week.

Of course, advice from the forum is always welcome.

Also, I have a question for @Invictus and the weightlifters out there. My trainer is focusing me on lighter weight, high rep workouts. Think 20 - 30 rep range. I am experiencing soreness like never before. I’ve never trained this way, so I never experienced this level of muscle fatigue before. My trainer says pushing through the soreness creates growth.

Any thoughts on this and what I can take or do to prevent the soreness?

1 Like

Foam roller.
Glutamine.
Massage.

What’s your height and weight? As 1800 calories seems a bit low but I don’t know your height, weight and activity level so I won’t comment on that yet.

I agree with @Fractal_Explorer. The new experimental LBFH could be very helpful for exercise and nutrition.