Any other HSPs on here?

It was 40 Years of Zen, actually… but from what I’m told, Biocybernaut was the inspiration for 40yoZen

1 Like

What is 40yo Zen?

How was the experience?

A copy of Biocybernaut, just wrapped in a shinier package with more marketing lol.

Interesting tech, nice setting… but ultimately not as effective as I’d have hoped. No idea if Biocybernaut would be any better/worse for me, so can’t really draw conclusions.

1 Like

I see.

I believe the neurofeedback field has been led by Bob Beck mainly, who was a crazy conspiracy theorist and also seems to be the man who invented that whole garlic quackery. He also wrote books on electrifying the blood and just so happened to be a mass producer of EEG equipment.

It’s unfortunate that Biocybernaut has followed in his path by writing that article about garlic.
Who knows what else they may be saying.
Dr. Hardt does seem like a fairly reasonable man, however.
The sessions seem a bit overpriced.
I once asked Biocybernaut why they don’t do any Gamma trainings, and they didn’t have an answer. It would be interesting to know what effects a Gamma training would have!

I personally can’t decide which frequency of brainwave to use with my TMS (magnetic pulse) headset. Sometimes I use Gamma, sometimes Delta. I hope to decide on one soon and then use that for a long period of time to potentially increase that brainwave permanently.

Itzhak Bentov said 4 Hz brainwave stimulation awakens the Kundalini. I am inclined to believe him since his physiological model/hypothesis of Kundalini is mind-blowing. My Kundalini has not, to my knowledge, awakened by using 4 Hz magnetic pulses for several months, though.

This might be off-topic, but has anyone heard of Swami Rama’s study at the Menninger Foundation several decades ago?

He was in “yogic sleep,” snoring – then could recall verbatim what had been said in the room as he had been asleep in a deep Delta state.

He could stop his heart, and induce any brain wave (albeit not knowing which one) at will.

He was charged with sexual assault/rape later.

1 Like

Start a new topic, bruh.

All of these posts have been off-topic.

(But I’m glad you made them because they resurrected this thread. I think it would have simply disappeared otherwise.

This thread was beleaguered from the start. :joy:. Which for a thread on Highly Sensitive People is both extremely fitting and highly ironic. :sweat_smile: )

2 Likes

True :smiley:

Sorry to derail from the topic. I am not too eager to start threads, but if someone else starts it, I’d be happy to elaborate on it and provide sources.

Anyway, it’s late, I better get to bed.

1 Like

Geez, @noaha . I’m really coming after you today. hahha. Just tagged you on the Saint Sovereign Journal as well. It’s meant in love, man.

Grumpy-ass love perhaps. But love nonetheless.

1 Like

It’s okay :slight_smile:
I don’t know the best practices in this forum, so I may do things wrong. But I am willing to learn and adapt.
You’re the guru – the Ambassador – for a reason. Saint entrusted you to be the guide. So, consider me guided.

1 Like

Thank you for your patience and support.

:pray: :pray: :pray:

2 Likes

uhh…also want to clarify, since words mean things.

I’m no guru.

And I think that more than guides, we Ambassadors are supportive people who have spent some significant time on the community and with the products.

We have ups and downs and make mistakes. If we offer any value it’s usually because of the mistakes we’ve made.

Just walking along the path, trying not to get carried off by a pterodactyl.

@Malkuth Now that this thread has been resurrected and gotten my attention once again lol I wanted to see if you had any advice.

I still have not fully embraced being a HSP. Part of my development will undoubtedly be integrating the strengths of it. But for now I’m undoing all my habits of trying to not be a HSP. One of those was my aggressive insistence on running Ascension. For whatever reason that sub triggers old habits of trying to push away HSP traits. It brings up old wounds of “I need to be someone other than what I am”

Any thoughts on what would be a good inner strength building sub for HSP? Curious to hear your thoughts.

1 Like

As far as I can tell, you’ve been doing it.

I think HSP as useful as it is, is just a label. It’s a tool for possibly recognizing some aspects of yourself with clarity and with less biased perceptions.

But, like everything else, it comes back to you, rather than to the label. We all still have to discover who we are the old-fashioned way: by allowing ourselves the chance to feel how we feel and to respond how we respond; by doing our best to engage what we discover about ourselves with open-minded, dare I say loving, support; by being more interested in reality and health than we are in either praising or criticizing ourselves.

It’s a lifelong journey and we have our whole lives to do it. It is not a contest.

Everything that you or I have done so far that has worked has by definition been good for an HSP.

okay; sermon over.

So, inner strength.

I think that’ll shift depending on where you are at the moment.

I think inner strength comes down to incremental experiments in trusting yourself.

For me, Alchemist has made a difference with that.

And I’m glad now to have combined that with Immortal’s Blade and Immortal’s Courage. What people call spirituality, I often think of as Deep Work. Working with the deeper parts of my values and experiencing. So Alchemist is good there.

But frankly, I think Ascension is great for this too.

What feels important for you now? And what feels like your growing edge these days?

2 Likes

I feel the same way. To be honest I initially ran Ascension to ground myself more. Alchemist was a possibility but I needed presence in the physical world, not more fuel for the world up in my head already. Trying to balance things. Having not run alchemist, I can’t say if that would have been the outcome or not.

You raise some valid points. Right now I don’t think Ascension is good for me, but maybe in the future. It’s got parts of it I highly value, but I can’t separate that out from the instability it tends to cause in me. So maybe once I get this other stuff resolved it will clear a path towards integrating Ascension in a healthy way vs the more animalistic and reactive way it hits me now.

2 Likes