Accountability Sharing

Had an idea this morning for an accountability topic. We’ve all got journals scattered across this forum. Reading every single persons journal is just not possible. I thought it would be helpful to see a birds eye view for anyone that wanted to participate on difficulties/goals/strengths/etc at this moment in time. Feel free to use my format or make your own. Sorry if this sounds like a performance evaluation lol.

My stack: Genesis Custom, SSX, LOTS

What I’m doing well with: Being able to navigate my own decision making process. Establishing boundaries and not being influenced by others. Valuing my perspective on life and building from that vs getting sucked into someone else’s definition of what it should be like. Embracing more of my creativity and discovering myself. Expressing that creativity through my music better.

What I can improve on: Exploring more stuff in my life and taking things less seriously. Taking more action with writing music even when it gives me anxiety. Opening up to people more and allowing more of myself into the world. Being better at identifying what it is I want out of life vs expectations pushed on me. My tendency to choose subs out of shame and trying to overwrite some part of myself I lack acceptance for. Overall learning to enjoy life more and appreciate it vs feeling like survival mode.

What tends to hurt growth: Comparison to others. Me vs them mentality as a result of early life experiences. Being overly reactive to criticism. Tendency to dismiss my own experiences and assume others immediately know better than me. Not being mindful of my own needs/self care. Getting stuck in “shoulds” and engaging shame and guilt spirals that do me no good. Financial fears and letting the almighty $$$ dictate what I should do vs following my intuition.

2 Likes