A course on writing books

Are there any courses on how to write books that you guys recommend? Would love to learn the art of writing non-fiction. I don’t mind dabbling in fiction too.

5 Likes

These are two I’ve heard of before:
Writing with confidence (udemy course)
David mamey teaches dramatic writing

Hope those help

2 Likes
2 Likes

Okay let’s take a little journey, I would recommend reading the book “The Synchronicity Key” by David Wilcox. Why? It’s interesting at least, but there is a chapter about how to write fiction, and book recommendations as well.

3 Likes

I wrote an unpublished book yet thanks to this site. Very helpful.

3 Likes

I’ve had this sitting in my list of courses to go through. Can’t tell you if it’s good or not, but the price is right.

2 Likes

the masterclass series…Neil Gaiman …I think you could find it online …it is fun to watch…really informative and inspiring…

2 Likes

https://www.udemy.com/share/101SXm3@n7xRRn3RIa00b-Vjr_4jw_IZk-b_FKRQUSyTZiP1pWfYFQk26bSevxE4aV_2z5sJ/

@Lion this is the exact class I used to write, publish, and market my book on Amazon. It’s simple and gives a step by step breakdown of the entire process.

I also took the Stephen James book publishing course, which was much more expensive. The Udemy course provided much more value and was a fraction of the price.

4 Likes

Thank you for these resources, @NinjaFox, @Deadpool, @RVconsultant, @summit, @Sebastian_Po, @JayFlex

2 Likes

I would highly recommend a Hero With a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell. It talks about a heros journey. Great for fiction writing.

1 Like