A book that REALLY helped me with recon on Khan

Bonjourno guys, hope we’re all peachy.

I’m an AVID reader - a ‘self help’ junnkie I would say. I’m currently cunning the Khan (updated version) and stage one hit me hard with realisations (and recon). One of the biggest realisations was that I’m using reading as a coping mechanism to FEEL like i’m doing something. In reality, I’m in the exact same place I was before the book - I still NEEDED to take action.

So with that, I vowed to a, only read one book at a time on the most pressing problem I’m having at the minute and b, take action straight away on whatever I read that day in whatever form possible.

Anyhow,dDuring week 2 of Khan St. 1 , I was getting INSANE recon. Extreme moodiness and on the verge of crying everyday. I was just bottling it up. But I ran into a book that changed everything (I put it down to the NSE) - At Last A Life by Paul David. WIth my realisation, I thought instead of just hammering 4 different books on confidence issues at once, I’ll only read this one and go deep.

Side note - The whole reason I started Khan was due to a bad break up. I was a shell of a man, wouldn’t leave my flat because I was paranoid I would bump into my ex with a new guy. Sadboy listening to sad songs Yada yada you know the drill. Severe anxiety even leaving the flat. I had enough after a few months of feeling like this and intuition said Khan.

St. 1 brought EVERYTHING up - especially in relation to the break up. Feelings of inferiority. Anxiety. Confidence issues. Sadness. Pure feeling of unworthiness. It’s like Khan said “Here they are, the things you’ve been bottling, now we’ve got to deal with them”. And this book has been INSTRUMENTAL in helping me deal with them.

The premise is stupidly simple - you simply sit with the emotions and feelings instead of supressing them, expressing them or trying to ‘fix’ them. You simply ‘allow’ them. Say ‘I’m feeling anxious and that’s ok’. He explains it so much better in the book, but within a few days of simply ‘allowing’ everything I woke up and felt actually good for the first time months. It made stage 1 so much easier after I read it, since everything the subliminal brought up, I just ‘allowed’ and it got released soon after. Great thing is you can whizz through it in an hour or two.

I’ve also been re-reading it through stage 2 (which I combined with Lovebomb), which hasn’t had anywhere near as much anxiety (Lovebomb definitely helped and will be a staple in my stacks after running Khan all the way through). Stage 3 I paired with Sanguine and Noveau Rich and it’s been incredible - zero recon and just pure results. About to plunge into stage 4 feet first on my 3rd read through of the book.

But back to the book - I feel like if Khan hadn’t ‘manifested’ that book, I would’ve quit. I think it’s a great way for dealing with recon for me and helping to ‘release’ the pent up emotions/feelings i’d been carrying.

Anyway, hope this book can help a few of you and you’re all killing it on your own journey :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Really appreciating this share.

Does this work with any kind of feeling?
I’m especially interested in anger.

BTW, the title is the other way round “At last a life” :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Interesting, I had a similar epiphany during stage 1, with the “focus on one thing and go deep, stop being a self-help junkie”.

Great stuff, thanks for the book share. :pray:

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree with you, I was initially thinking about making a post similar to this but then I realised that even with this, you face problems during actual execution because even though you know that if you face the shadow, things will resolve, I try to avoid those emotions as I am really scared of facing/ getting overwhelmed by them. Hence, I decided to give it more time and develop a more practical approach to this whole thing.

1 Like

I keep doing that, getting the title the wrong way round :sweat_smile:

Yeah - the book posits it for anxiety but every negative feeling I have I simply let it sit and ‘ride it out’ until it’s accepted. I can imagine it would work well with anger! I tried meditation for my anger and that didn’t help much but just allowing it has personally helped with it.

Beautifully put. It’s so hard to overcome the ‘conditioning’ (The only way I can think of putting it) of actually facing things - I’m still working on this myself with talking to strangers. it’s mad because I know what to do but like you say, it’s developing some sort of practical framework in place that you can apply in the midst of situations.

1 Like