Yardbird's Emperor Journal: Building a Better Life

The Bluetooth speaker turned out to be a great investment. The immersion from getting 30+ listening hours last weekend did me a world of good. Monday I felt strong, confident and in control again and the Limitless module helped me tremendously. By Friday I was feeling like I’d acquired two months of experience in one week. Amazing. I think the Limitless module might be your greatest achievement so far. I talked about subliminals with a co-worker of mine who is struggling at work because I really want him to use Emperor and I’d even buy it for him, but he said he doesn’t believe they work and thinks they’re a waste of time. I used to worry a lot about people like that but I learned years ago that you can’t save people from themselves or help people who don’t want to be helped.

I’m sleeping more hours than usual (which is good because I never get enough sleep), but not feeling tired during the day anymore.

Creatively, I see things with more clarity. When working on my novel, the dialogue seems so real, as if I was transcribing conversations involving real people in front of me.

Oh and at work, an executive from corporate headquarters is coming next week and my boss said he wants him to sit with me for a few hours. I told him that’s fine but questioned whether it would be better to have him sit with someone more experienced and my boss said “no, I want him to get to know you, get your name out there so people upstairs start talking about you.”

12 Likes

I’m going to make this quick because I keep getting interrupted every time I’ve started to update this thread for the past several days.

At work, the Limitless module continues to amaze me. I’m very comfortable in my position and although I still have much to learn, I understand things much faster than I did before Emperor. My boss told me yesterday that he’s impressed that I almost never ask him questions anymore.

I haven’t made much progress on my novel because of home projects and errands I’ve been doing on days off, but the story continues to advance in my mind, which is very encouraging.

I’ve also been feeling an increasingly strong urge to learn to speak French. I’ve wanted to learn for years and started twice but quit after a few days because it felt too daunting, but over the past week my feelings have been the total opposite. I feel like I can become reasonably fluent in two years or so and then I want to start Japanese, so I just downloaded the Duolingo app to get started with French and I’m very excited about doing daily lessons.

7 Likes

Something from last Friday that I was going to report but then decided not to because I wasn’t sure that it could be attributed to Emperor, but the more I think about it, the more I feel how could it not be? At work, I discovered that a co-worker (who has a better education and was far ahead of me when we started at our current position) had fucked up by being negligent in keeping up with some work. I was very angry because they weren’t mistakes–I can tolerate that because we all make them–they were simply acts of laziness and sloppiness. A couple of co-workers asked me what was wrong and I told them what I’d found. The guy responsible wasn’t in yet but was soon as he came in I calmly ripped into him. At first he tried to claim that he had done the work but forgotten to save it, but I pointed out all the times that he could have or should have followed up but didn’t. To my surprise he didn’t get defensive or angry. Instead he apologized profusely and assured me it wouldn’t happen again, I am simply his peer, not his manager, so that was not the reaction that I’d expected. Later when he was on a break some co-workers were talking about “Yardbird tearing Mike a new one” one of them said to our boss “Did you know about what had happened?” and he said “Yeah, but I figured I’d let Yardbird handle it.” Our boss sent me a private message later saying “nice, I want them to see you as a leader.”

Today that co-worker asked me when he came in if I’d caught any other poor work of his. I told him I hadn’t and assured him that there was nothing to worry about because I know he knows what he’s doing. He told me again that he’s being very careful not to mess up. Later we were assigned a high priority group project and he checked with me before getting started to make sure he understood the process. I’ve always been well respected and liked, but since Emperor it’s on a whole other level.

The Limitless module is my favorite aspect of Emperor, though. I coast through work now and have people asking me for help instead of having to ask others for help for the simplest things.

I went for a few drinks with some co-workers and enjoyed some fun banter with one of the women from another department. She started to say something sassy to me and I turned it around on her. She’s smart, quick witted and can take a joke, but another guy said that he doesn’t know how I can talk to her like that and that he wished he could but he just couldn’t because his mother insisted when he was growing up that he treat women as ladies. The girl said “Ugh, dude, I don’t need saving and I hate white knights.”

Generally, I don’t ask what’s “under the hood” of subliminals because I think a lot of people get too caught up in the minutiae of what’s in a sub and then use what they learn as excuses to not let the sub do its thing, so I prefer to listen and go about my life and let the magic work. I’m so intrigued by the Limitless module, that I keep thinking about why it works so well and I don’t think it’s making me smarter; I think it’s removing all the self-doubt and toxic ideas in my head that have been holding me back. "Learning that is over your head, so don’t bother." “That’s too difficult for you to learn, don’t waste your time.” " You’re not smart enough to understand that, so forget it." I have imagined those same phrases and similar ones countless times throughout my life, but no more. I used to be called a very smart person when I was younger, but with each failure or setback, I lost faith in myself more and more and I let life beat me up to the point that I started to feel that I’m actually not very smart at all. How did I let that happen? How could I do that to myself?

The Limitless module seems to tear away all the crap that I allowed to hold me back, allowing me to reach my full potential.

11 Likes

Amazing post. I’m glad Emperor is helping with you self-development journey. This is the perfect example of what happens when you “set and forget,” and just living life while taking action.

9 Likes

At work, two women last week took me aside to tell me that the hot girl who I’ve mentioned in other posts (I’ll call her “Jen” from now on) has a slutty history. I found this odd for three reasons:

1. I have not spent any time with her outside of work, so I don’t know why anyone would think that I needed to be talked out of any interest in her.
  2. I wouldn’t care even if it was true and everyone who knows me should know I don’t judge people based on gossip.
  3. She’s probably the last woman at work that I’d suspect that of because she shoots dirty looks at every guy who even tries to cop a cheap feel on her and she’s turned down every guy who’s asked her out.

When we started working together (pre-Emperor) Jen used to make little jokes about my age. Nothing mean spirited, but it definitely showed that she was very aware of how much older I am. Last week we were talking about music and movies and when I referred to something being before her time, she replied with “we’re in the same age group!” (we’re not) and then asked me how old I am. When I told her my age she said “See? You’re not much older than me” (I’m 15 years older) and made a few more comments trivializing our age difference. When our boss wants to share some important information quickly, he’ll have a quick group huddle and she always stands behind me running her fingers through my hair.

Another day last week she stuffed something down her shirt and another guy jokingly moved towards her as if he was going to retrieve it and she said “If anyone touches my boobs they’re losing a hand…except him” (looking towards me). “He’s allowed.”

Then Friday one of my co-workers, who I’ve known for a few years now, is going to be off next week for vacation, so on my way out I hugged him and wished him a nice vacation. When I walked past Jen, she seemed to be expecting a hug too, but instead I gave her a bro style shoulder bump. She seemed really disappointed. I wasn’t trying to fuck with her and I don’t believe in playing head games, but I didn’t quite feel sorry either because I think it’s important for hot girls to know they can’t get everything they want in life.

Also, I got invited to a party that about a dozen of us at work got invited to and a really cute girl in my department who was also invited kept asking me if I was going. I told her that I’d like to but wasn’t sure it would work out. She kept urging me to go so we could go together. I ended up not going because I had too much to do that day and wanted to relax at home afterwards. She’s married anyway and I’m no scoundrel, plus I’m trying to avoid distractions and keep my eyes on the prize, so to speak and achieve the financial independence that will allow me to devote myself 100% to creative pursuits, but she is ridiculously cute.

On the money front, my boss had told me last month that I wasn’t eligible for a pay increase when salary evaluations were done in November because I had already received one with my promotion and I was okay with that, but Friday he told me that our director had discussed it with other managers and decided that not not giving me any end of year compensation felt like punishing me for advancing, so they awarded me with a stock grant worth around $2,400.00.

Oh and today I started listening to Limitless standard version (ultrasonic) and I’m going to split my listening time between that and Emperor for the next month and then try Limitless X for a month to see which one is more effective on me. I’m extremely excited about ending 2018 on a strong note with the help of Emperor and Limitless and then starting 2019 in total beast mode.

7 Likes

I’ve been dying to get home and share this update for hours…I got a big fucking raise!!! A completely unexpected huge fucking raise!!!

Now some of you are probably thinking “Yeah but that’s from your job for work you did last year.” No! Remember my previous update:

So today I was meeting with my boss to consult him on a few things I wanted a second opinion on and he told me he was hoping to hear back from corporate before end of the day because he had some potentially great news but needed to obtain final approval from our director.

Just as we’re finishing he gets an email and says to me “this is it!” and then explains that he and the other supervisors met with the department manager to discuss where to allocate the funds that had been designated for performance awards. He then told me that he would’ve added another zero at the end if he could’ve and showed me confirmation that I was awarded a 19% raise! That’s by far the biggest raise I’ve ever received in my entire life. He asked me not to tell any of my co-workers because I’m now the highest paid person on the team even though I’m one of the five newest. Not only that, I make more than the starting salary for the position that’s a direct promotion over my current position.

In addition to that, they awarded me another $5,000.00 in company stock! I walked out of the meeting with a huge grin trying not to be obvious. One guy was pleading with me to tell him how much I got, then he broke down and told me what he got, so I told him my raise was 30 cents an hour less than his and congratulated him, but I really got over $3.00 an hour more than he did.

It’s been six hours since I found out about the raise that I’m still high. I’m not done, though, not by a longshot, since my ultimate goal is to be completely self-employed as a writer. Still, all this extra money takes a huge weight off my shoulders.

Oh, and since I’m so elated about the raise, I asked Jen out and she immediately said yes, so we’re going out Friday night.

So to recap:

Before Emperor I had just been promoted to a new position that I was struggling with and was hemorrhaging money.

After Emperor I started kicking ass at the new position, got an unexpected 19% salary increase and $7,400.00 worth of stock, plus I just got a date with a gorgeous woman 15 years younger than me. @SaintSovereign and @Fire you guys are my ambassadors of Quan!

I don’t know what the fuck to say. There was a lot of buzz about Subliminal Club over the summer, so I checked it out, the price was right, so I decided to jump on the Emperor train and I’ve enjoyed the ride but never expected it to yield such powerful results so fast. I have no doubts whatsoever that I’m going to have everything I want in life. I just need to keep working hard and let Emperor guide me while Limitless clears the path.

19 Likes

11-20-18 @ 10:35 PM:
Congratulations on your success and your new raise at work. :+1:

2 Likes

@Yardbird Congratulations Sir. How long have you been listening to Emperor & how many hours per day? Also are you listening to Emperor Ex?

1 Like

Same questions from me. As in two weeks I will be getting emperor and want to make sure I start with what’s working for others. Thanks.

@DssMaster Thank you, all the best to you.

@James @someairforcedude Thank you. I’ve been listening to Emperor EX since September 16, so a little over 2 months. I don’t have a listening routine that’s carved in stone and I don’t believe it’s necessary. There’s another guy who demands X amount of uninterrupted hours or loops but I feel that such conditions are unnecessary for a subliminal to be effective and are more of a loophole to blame the user when the product doesn’t work,

With that said, I’ve listened every day. When I get to work, I play it on repeat on my iPhone speaker at full volume on my desk. After subtracting time for lunch, meetings and other distractions, I’d say I average 6-8 hours of listening at work. When I get home, I immediately start playing it over a Bluetooth speaker that I purchased specifically for listening to subliminals and I credit that extra quality listening time for a big jump in my success. Since I walk around the house it’s not all uninterrupted time but at least 7-8 hours of it is uninterrupted and maybe another 1-2 hours with me in and out of my bedroom. So overall at minimum I get 13 hours of listening time per day and up to 16. Occasionally because of forgetting, I’ve only gotten an hour or two at work or only a few hours at home.

I really recommend listening to an Ultrasonic version over speakers because being tethered to headphones or earbuds vastly limits your listening time unless you can work all day while wearing them and can sleep with them. It also places the subliminal in the background so you’re not so aware of it. And that’s the biggest piece of advice I can offer. Most of the people on other websites who I’ve seen reporting lack of success with subliminals are the ones banking everything on the subliminal. I just play it every day and go on with my life. You also have to take steps toward achieving your goals. The Limitless module (and later on, the full standalone version) have helped me but I’ve been working at getting better at my job and learning French. Without pursuing something I’m not sure you can see results because you’re taking in information (the sub) but not giving yourself anything to do with it. I could be wrong, though, so that’s something the makers of the sub would be most qualified to answer.

When it comes to women, I was already confident and easygoing (I don’t understand “approach anxiety” because I love getting numbers, even if I have no intention of calling the girl), but I’ve become much bolder since listening to Emperor. But it’s a very calibrated boldness. I know the difference between confident and arrogant, between bold and rude and between aggressive and creepy and I’ve never crossed those lines, so if anyone is worried about becoming someone you wouldn’t like on Emperor, I assure you that your core values won’t be compromised. I hope that helps.

8 Likes

@Yardbird I read on an other forum that bluetooth speakers/headphones might make the subliminal not working. Since you are using bluetooth headphones, could you help me with this?

@Yardbird very cool. I am running both Emperor Ex & Limitless X in a stack. I’ve decided to commit to a year of listening as much as possible. I have it running all the time at home with my tablet on computer speakers and I listen on my phone with earbuds while I read or watch Netflix. Like you I have been struggling at my job. I see several people that have started after me do really well and its incredibly frustrating. I feel like there is something internal blocking me from things finally clicking and coming together. This is a huge opportunity for me which is a big part of why progressing as quickly as possible is so important to me.
A situation there happened yesterday involving one of the top earners that thoroughly annoyed me to point that I’m not just content wanting to be as good as possible but I want to exceed this person and badly.

1 Like

Yeah I 100% call BS on that. The first subliminal tracks I bought were on cassette tapes, a garbage quality analog format and some of them worked fine. Listen, a guy on a forum I used to read was telling people that they needed $300.00+ Sennheiser or Audio-Technica over the ear headphones in order for subliminals to work and that earbuds and speakers were out of the question. So, if someone can’t afford that, are they fucked? My progress stalled a bit because I wasn’t getting enough listening time because I didn’t have working computer speakers at home and it’s not convenient for me to wear headphones for hours even at home, so that’s why I bought my Bluetooth speaker (I use a Bluetooth speaker for subliminals and Bluetooth headphones for music) and that’s when my progress went into hyperdrive. I had a horrible day feeling very insecure and irritable and after listening for over 30 hours over a weekend, I felt bulletproof. If you’re wondering, this is what I bought https://www.jbl.com/bluetooth-speakers/JBLFLIP4BLKAM.html and worth every penny because I get all the Emperor hours I need now.

I don’t know the type of work you do or how the training is structured, but I recommend picking the brains of co-workers who are already very successful and ask them to break down what they’re doing. What are the best practices. Limitless really makes learning click, but if you’re not “getting it,” then just trying to push through the work anyway won’t work. You need to give the Limitless “learning booster” (that’s what I’m calling it) something to work with. So if you can get people to teach you, you’ll find that you absorb the information and understand it with a level of clarity that you probably never experienced before.

Now, I didn’t turn into a genius and I haven’t mastered my job, but I’ve improved immensely and went from being the team dunce to one of the best 3 or 4 on the team. And that’s in only two months.

3 Likes

Thnx for clarification.

Edit: After some research I’ve decide to buy the jbl flip 4 aswell. Thanks for the recommendation.

@Yardbird I do debt collection. Something I have never done before although I have over twenty years of customer service experience. I got to thinking how I’m struggling and it really comes down to a few things. Knowing or understanding what numbers to call on what accounts. We do outbound calls for the most part. Overcoming any type of objections or stalls and creating a deep sense of urgency and closing. It’s very negotiation and in a way sales based.

I pulled this from my companies site to give you an idea of the opportunity

• $15.00 hourly PLUS commission. Opportunity to gross $32,000 - $150,000 annually

That’s in USD. I’m at the low end and want to obviously be towards the other end. I know there is at least three people there who far exceed that 150k.
I run subliminals because outside of having ADHD as I’ve discussed previously I was raised by parents both biological and step who either were always talking about how broke they are , filed bankruptcy multiple times, or had debt collectors calling daily or services being shut off. The irony isn’t lost on me that I’m now a debt collector myself.To be honest I think whatever my issues are that are keeping things from clicking is some form of inner self sabotage that’s probably somehow based in the fact that because of how I was raised that I don’t deserve to be successful or make a lot of money

1 Like

I think that the most common negative baggage most of us got passed down from our families revolves around money and it’s so deeply ingrained in us that it’s difficult to get rid of. It took me most of my adult life to identify and get rid of those thoughts and I still feel a slight twinge of it whenever I think of how huge my goals are. There’s a phrase I heard in a seminar years ago that resonated with me so strongly that I think of it whenever I remember something bad that I’ve done and start to feel down–a mistake, a weakness, a failure–and it’s “That’s not who you are, it’s who you were.” Emperor will help rid you of all those toxic beliefs.

Ask all three of those people making over $150K if you can sit with them and listen for a few hours. Even if you have to do it off the clock it will be worth it. I doubt they’ll say no because it’s a huge ego stroke to be told that someone wants to learn from you. The reason I recommend sitting with each of them is that your line of work requires confidence and very specific tone and language. The three of them are probably different on the phone and not all styles will suit your personality. I went through something similar at a sales job when I was younger. I saw next to two top earners but one sounded borderline creepy and the other was a girl who used her femininity to be “one of the girls” to female prospects and flirt with the males. But I got moved again to sit next to another top guy who was a no bullshit, very seasoned sales veteran and I learned and copied a lot from him and I finally got on the top 10 board thanks to him. I’m rooting for you!

3 Likes

Hi Yardbird,

You mentioned practising ceremonial magick for 5 years in another thread. Do you think that also helped you boost the effect of the subliminals?

No, not at all because I haven’t even used magic in almost two years. No rituals at all since then. I haven’t quit, I just haven’t done it in a long time. I actually have been thinking about it a lot lately, as something that I want to get back into because I enjoyed it and it was still new enough to me that I was constantly learning new things, which is a great feeling.

In fact, there’s a great effect of Limitless that I’m realizing just now from answering your question. It’s making me want to learn things that I had either started to learn and quit (like French) or wanted to learn but never tried because they seemed too daunting (like tarot).

Also, remember in the movie Limitless when Eddie Mora sees the landlord’s wife holding a textbook and he remembers seeing the same book back in college? Well, I’ve had a nagging, burning desire since last night to improve my physical well being, so I remembered that I had a pair of kettlebells that I bought years ago and never touched and a kettlebell workout video. Then I remembered buying this book https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0936197250/ but never doing anything with that either and it just clicked how well the workouts from the video and the exercises from the book would go together to get me in better shape.

4 Likes

@Yardbird I was watching Limitless again for a bit last night and I know that scene well. It’s right after he takes NZT for the first time. What struck out for me is when he’s back in his apartment right after and looks at his place and asks himself " who lives like this "? I have become something of a more organized person in terms of keeping our place clean to build better habits but it’s also kind of a pride thing in a way too. Thankfully my wife and I are both minimalists so there really isn’t a whole lot to clean up and organize but I can see how as my situation improves and we purchase a few of the things we have both been wanting it will actually be easier to keep clean and organized.

3 Likes

Friday I went out with Jen for dinner and drinks and it was very different than expected. She has much more depth than I expected from a girl that young and hot and she’s got the maturity of a woman 15 years older. She’s also been through a lot but she’s not broken and doesn’t pity herself. The last thing I was looking for was a girlfriend, but she has many of the qualities that I desire in a woman. She’s ambitious, very strong, kind and pretty dirty too, which is fun. I’m going to keep seeing her and would even be open to a relationship with her if things work out that way.

Someone else here had mentioned Brazilian Jiu Jitsu lessons in his journal and I have wanted to take lessons for 20 years but either didn’t have a school close enough or couldn’t afford it. I couldn’t get BJJ out of my mind all day after reading that, so I thought about it for a moment and decided, why not now? I know we have several schools where I live and I can afford it now. So I did some checking and found a school that I really like, but I just need to check with the owner to see if he’s okay with me arriving a little late every day because the start times for night classes cut it kind of close with the time I get out of work. If he says okay I’m definitely enrolling!

Yesterday all day I felt unsettled because of all the good things suddenly happening in my life. For me, everything went down the toilet ten years ago and very little good had happened since until the past two months, so the old “this is too good to be true” fears resurfaced and I started to panic that everything would come crashing down. Making more money, meeting a great woman who’s into me, finally being able to study BJJ, working on my book, getting in better shape, it felt like too much good fortune. I had spent several hours out doing errands and unable to listen to Emperor, so when I got home around 10:00 PM , I played it on repeat through the night and woke up feeling strong and clear headed again. I’m going to keep playing Emperor alone until tonight and then I’ll switch in Limitless to sharpen me up for work tomorrow.

Something I have been thinking about that I wanted to share so that others don’t sabotage anything good that the subliminal is doing for you. About 3-4 weeks ago I started chatting in a parking lot with a stranger as I was walking away from a store that was closed. We both like jazz and he (a black man in his late 50s) was surprised that I (45 year old Hispanic) am mostly into old school jazz, so he recommended a new club nearby and I could tell that he wanted to exchange numbers, but I couldn’t pull the trigger because he seemed too high class to want to hang out with me since he goes to fancy clubs, is a retired business owner and drives a luxury car. It didn’t occur to me until a few days later that he was seeing me as someone in his class or he wouldn’t have spent 15 minutes talking to me and saying that I should join him and his wife at the club. I fucked that one up and regret it because it’s hard enough to meet someone who wants to do something besides sit on the couch and smoke weed for hours. But now that I understand I won’t make that mistake in the future and, hopefully, neither will you.

Someone else in another mentioned Switchwords, which somehow I had never heard of, so I checked out the blog post that was linked and picked up this book recommended in the blog https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0008144230 I’m going to read it today. I’m open to trying anything that might help me improve my life as long as it doesn’t interfere with other things I’m doing.

7 Likes