Weird Dreams šŸ’¤? What could they mean? Let us know

Hello everyone

I wanted to create a topic for people who have consistent dreams that could be weird, vague or makes one question things. Share em here. What could they mean? Is it random or could it mean more? Since we have an abundance of thinkers in all walks of life on this fourm we could help each others outā€¦

Ill start it of with some dreams iā€™ve been having about detached body parts. Last night in my dream my nose litterarly fell off as if it was a lego piece and despite much effort i was unable to re attach it correctly. To say the least i woke up greatful af :joy:

4 Likes

Body horror seems to be a thing when processing subs.

Zombies are often a topic too, but I watched too many films and series.

2 Likes

Like a Cronenberg movie?

1 Like

Pretty much.

TBF Iā€™ve watched a lot of body horror films, love Cronenberg, so Iā€™m very familiar with imagery. But the quality is different: Way more vivid and detailed and they are not really nightmares. I am not frightened, disgusted or shocked.

1 Like

you could google
ā€(insert dream) dream interpretation / meaningā€ and it could give you some answers.

1 Like

Why not. Universal dream image interpretations are often a bit iffy (different cultures, languages), but it wonā€™t hurt.

The shards pulled out of the hand (some Quora):

ā€œDreams about pulling glass shards out of your hand could potentially symbolize several things: Emotional Healing: Glass shards in dreams might represent emotional pain or trauma that youā€™re dealing with. Pulling them out without bleeding could symbolize a conscious effort to address and heal from emotional wounds.ā€

2 Likes

For the last well, quite a few years, longer than Iā€™ve been on sub club subs, most of my dreams have had a theme.
Iā€™m always wandering around some type of surreal maze like environment like a city or college campus trying to accomplish some kind of objective. Iā€™m always having trouble finding something, and the people I run into seem to always side track me. They answer questions with things that have no relation to what I asked, or they ask me to do other things.

it reminds me of the guy in the beginning of the aimbot description.

I havenā€™t read it. I havenā€™t played video games in many years. It does kind of remind me of a video game though.

One thing that I would put under the weird category was ā€œhaving dreams different than the usual themesā€, including the absence of dreams I usually had.

I havenā€™t dreamed about zombies or Cronenberg type scenarios since I donā€™t know how long ago. To me, that was weird - the absence of those types of dreams.

Surreal maze like environments, occasionally. But definitely not as often.

Having dreams about houses that are intact and well lit, that was weird for me because it was unusual, and now they are more common for me.

This is one approach. I think Carl Jung and Sigmund Freud thought certain things in dreams meant certain things. Then there are Gestalt therapists who might say that symbols are unique to the individual, and possibly encourage the person to act out the dream or symbol, and then say what they think it means. For example if there was a big chair in the dream, the person who had the dream with a big chair would act like that chair or stand like that chair, and then start talking as if they were that big chair.

3 Likes

oftentimesļ¼ŒI would have dreams that my teeth falling offā€¦in various situationā€¦like laughingļ¼Œeatingļ¼Œor just walkingā€¦and the sensation was awfully real ļ¼ŒI could taste the blood in my mouth and feel the weigh of each tooth ļ¼Œalso the texture was making even more convincingā€¦.many times ļ¼ŒI just woke up with tremendous gratitudeā€¦. :upside_down_face:

My common dreams are zombies, ostracism, or being on the train into a sudden extension with non-word station names, and the train is either on a very narrow monorail or in dark underground.

Had this recently though :sweat_smile:

Ture, but all google tends to give generic answers

Iā€™ve noticed that while most horror movies are not that scary, the good ones have this ominus / dark vibe that tends to stick for a while and for that reason iā€™ve been aware of the media i am consuming

1 Like

Thereā€™s a saying that Turkish people respond with when you tell them you saw weird dreams;

"Senin Uyurken GƶtĆ¼n AƧıkta Kalmış.

Which means ā€œYou left your arse open (uncovered by the blanket or whatever) when you sleepingā€

Lolz.

Absolutely! Sometimes images stick with you too, especially if the films use dream language like Eraserhead or Channel Zero.

The transgressive power of horror films is often underestimated. They are just a way to go places you normally donā€™t want to go and to understand them. Pretty much like (good) comedy or in a way classical tragedies.