Wasted money on so called self development bullshit

I can relate to your frustration around this because I have also spent thousands of dollars on Personal Development material. I don’t think personal development is bad. Just like any industry you have those that give value and those that are in it for the money (hence the marketing tactics that come off as deceptive). The marketing tactics used are age-old strategies based on the psychology of sales and how we buy. Business owners (especially in the online space employ them because they work).

The problem with the self-help industry is that it rarely works or if it does work, it can take years of studying to apply the information and take action because it speaks only to the conscious mind. Personally, I’ve gained tons of awareness through reading personal development books and some programs. The awareness allowed me to gradually perceive situations differently and take action from that space (albeit the progress was slow).

I think using subliminal and personal development material together can create massive changes because you are feeding both the subconscious and conscious minds that will allow the transformation to happen quicker.

The key is to separate the “wannabe” teachers from the authentic teachers.

4 Likes

Its the nature of the beast someone wrote on his blog years ago and the words are etched into my grey matter. Anywhere there is value there will be a swarm of attackers. Put shit on the floor and the flies will swarm over it, put nutrients in a petri disk and bacteria will grow all over it. Put diamonds in a shop store and robbers will attempt to steal them.

Likewise where there is a market for those who want to make money, date hot women , loose weight gurus will come out of the woodwork and offer their services for a price. Some of them good some of them crap.

4 Likes

@mecharc , Another way of looking at it:

You needed to come across those materials to eventually be led to SubClub, since one thing leads to another. Without those, you may not even be aware of all this.

5 Likes

All of your thoughts have been good food for thought! Thank you!

However just recently what i realised is that it was me who was the Bullshit.

I had absolute bullshit mentality to not extract the good from these programs! I have recently approached some of my stuff again… an i must say i am seeing things somewhat differently.

I think stark is acting up!

1 Like

Yea! may be if the material was good enough i woudn’t even have looked for more stuff and never come across this universe

1 Like

agree… i have the same thought :slight_smile:

1 Like

Most of have been there, think of it as a mistake that makes you learn and makes you go forward towards your life and goals:)

1 Like

Most of that self development stuff would actually work if it got to where it was needed - the subconscious mind.

That’s why “gurus” could make tons of money selling wolf tickets. No longer.

2 Likes