The Copycat Chronicles

I wonder: what stops person to innovate his/her own technologies, why to be copycat? What drives such behaviour?

2 Likes

This seems to be a universal thing I’ve noticed. There are people who are innovators, free thinkers, creators. Although they also pull from the work that comes before them they also create something new. Then there are people who just copy, they don’t have the vision or ideas.

These subs to me are like a very high form of art. Although they have their technical aspects the creators behind them are very creative in their thinking. True creativity is in the minority.

8 Likes

Ediited upon request

3 Likes

People look for quick, easy ways to make money. Like those who pay for sex rather then go out and do the hard work to find a nice girl.;

3 Likes

Yeah, it seems so.

1 Like

By my standards, UA is a very amazing product and I’m using it well, but I think there are very few users who want it. UA is very useful for entrepreneurs.

It doesn’t have much to do with these posts, but I really praise UA. Because I think I would be very happy if I had one of those talents, such as writing, singing, dancing, acting, and drawing, but UA give them all!!! Perhaps the failure of UA is because there are not many people who want to connect their talents to profits, so most people stay at the level of hobbies.

Maybe sc think people use UA with AM or EOG and entrepreneur(better writing skill, copywriting etc). but people don’t use UA…

3 Likes

wow it’s amazing. (hermit)

He’s not here to defend or to explain himself.

3 Likes

Copycats are part of the business.

I write books on Amazon and it regularly happen. 12-18 month after I publish an original book, a copy appear on the same subject, same keywords, similar title, usually less quality, less “passion” for the subject, but aggressive marketing. There is a market for copycats, you can’t ignore it. Your product need to be so good that people won’t go for the copy.

4 Likes

Copycats have been leeching others for centuries. Remember the legendary Bruce Lee back in the 1970s ?. When he passed away dozens of film producers began to make copy cat movies with actors that looked like Bruce Lee. Remember Bruce Li ?

The Clones of Bruce Lee ? what aload of rubbish

1 Like

Lmao this is so cringe

1 Like

If you ask me he was a typical younger kid. Thought he knew the world. So did I when I was that age, everyone thinks they’re more mature than they are.

Things just spun out of control for him and he made bad decisions. He was always on about some suspicious new agey stuff, the kind of stuff I’ve seen perpetuated in communities with kind of unhealthy ungrounded individuals. Not to throw out all those concepts entirely. But I heard him reference the deep state on a few occasions. Information access is so abundant now you can really get lost in it if you aren’t grounded enough. Conspiracy theories are the worst because 90% of the time you can neither prove or disprove.

He had some insights, but like saint mentioned his ego was far too wrapped up in it.

4 Likes

Copy appears the same no matter what business it is in. In order to protect it, it is solved by having high barriers, registering copyrights, and making abilities related to various businesses excellent. Sc is safe because it has beyond-parallel technical skills and tremendous technologies.

I think there are only businesses that are not safe in copying that anyone can easily start. Of course, 98 percent of self-proclaimed entrepreneurs do such business.

Totally agree he has a huge ego. Thinks he is right when clearly he is deluded. Alot of members toldme later how he misguided them completely.

I would like to say that we should develop a method so that people with proper advice and experience reply to peoples journals and questions.

@SaintSovereign please device some system to help with this. Maybe allow the creator of the journal to only allow certain members that they find trustable to reply to that specific journal.

This will prevent the other so called “guru’s” to stay away because most of the time the wrong information is cascaded to users.

If you don’t drive a car you can’t give me advice on how to drive a car no matter how much you read and study about driving a car

I was enjoying this thread until the fixation on Hermit.

4 Likes

I concur. What happened happened and now it’s done. Let’s move on from Hermit bashing.

4 Likes

Only on one condition :roll_eyes:

(post deleted by author)

This is exactly why I’m happy to be.a SC member! A wonderful read