Which app/client do you use?

3 Likes

Just a casual backtest of May 2023
Max DD -4.64%
@GoldenTiger

4 Likes

Let’s continue here guys
@Psiklou

I am trying old fashioned manual style, rn I am just backtesting, but my target is the same as yours @KingofClubz

3 Likes

I am interested in Forex now that the crypto market has crashed down for good and @KingofClubz post got me excited :slight_smile: I will deep dive in the subject when I am free in a few weeks. I have found some Udemy material about the EA and MT4 automated software that appeal to the geek in me.

1 Like

EA could be a good thing. I am not a newbie to this, I myself have created an EA system in Pine script and before was trying manually trading but never with any big success.

Until I came across this post here on the forum.

1 Like

I saw the references also but 12 month of learning @200usd/month?

Nah, I bought it for 3 months and that is enough for me. It depends on everyone’s ability to learn. But this does not mean, that I know it and can be profitable every month. For that I am spending a long time with backtesting, to be absolutely sure of myself before I start doing prop challenges.

1 Like

You can just buy 1 month and will see if you like it. Or you can try probably something cheaper like @GoldenTiger is doing different company courses.

1 Like

Change your stack to HOM, Rich crypto, Emperor, or AM, maybe add also Limitless, ROM, LE, BE or QL and you are good to go :slight_smile:

It seems pretty neat. Ok I am convinced :rofl: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Second man to whom I sold something here on the forum this week :slight_smile:
I should make a living out of this.

Emperor + HOM is a great stack for manual trading :ok_hand:

I eventually moved on to Khan and decided I don’t have nothing to prove when it comes to trading. Which actually turned out way better for me.

EA’s changed the game for me, now I can focus of woman and my purpose without the stress of trading manually :relieved::+1:

Here are my back test results today with a 100k EightCap Demo Account using a free ea :grinning:

This EA typically makes around 1k a day on a 100k account.

Not bad :grinning::clap:

4 Likes

The problem with EA at least what I had is, that for example in backtesting two years before it was not doing great, it was barely making above zero.
A year before it was just a blast, like 400% per year, and when I started live trading suddenly the situation was not that bright again.

So many times it depends on the market dynamics and this is constantly changing.
What worked yesterday may not work tomorrow.

3 Likes

I have been trading forex for years with all kinds of EA’s and lost a lot of money. All strategies only work great in the backtest. On a real account they all fail sooner or later.

Especially Martingale and Hedging EAs are doomed to fail. There is also a big difference between demo and real accounts. The data stream and the prices are not identical. At least they are somewhat different.

I and many others who have tried EAs have never had long term success. I had a VPS with a fast data connection to the broker and everything that was technically possible to trade EAs successfully. If it all worked the way the EA providers like to make it out to be, I would have been a multimillionaire a long time ago. The only winners in EAs are the people who sell them and the brokers.

The only thing that can work is manual trading or writing your own EA and tweaking it over and over again. If it were that easy to make money in your sleep, everyone would be a multimillionaire with bought or free ea’s. So always be careful with this ea trading, it is just an illusion.

3 Likes

Also, I tried many times social or copy trading. I do not want to sound pessimistic by any means, just telling my experience.
Dupli trade, Zulu, eToro.
Dupli trade program has 5 years good history, when I started it was going well for a few months but then suddenly a big drop happened and I mean a really big drop. If you started like 5, 4 even 3 years before you were still in a profit but for me, I was in deep loss.
Same a few times with Zulu etc.

1 Like

I guess that’s depends on your ea strategy right?

I love the hedging ea because it takes simultaneously trades in both directions. The only problem with this EA is that the Daily Drawdown is high, but can be managed with a equity protector. Also it depends on what symbol your trading and especially the broker in my experiences so far.

2 Likes

Martingale is the worst. I kind of agree with you after my many experiences although I have created my own EA and it did not work as I wanted.
At this time of my journey, I believe manual trading is the only solution at least for me.
The dynamic of the market can change many times but you can as a manual trader adapt on the spot and I mean price action manual trading when you are not using any indicators.

1 Like

Equity protector is of no use in the long run.
You set it at 10% as an example and your ea will lose 10%. Then it will make gains again until 10% is gone again. The game repeats itself until the account is empty. Game over.

1 Like

I see the one problem, you are saying that there is a big DD. What if there is an announcement of news that must sometimes happen, you have SL or something, but due to very high demand at the time there is a big slippage and your trade can be ended far away from your intended SL?
It is not a broker’s problem, it just sometimes happens. And you close the trade even with a bigger lost.

And I always did not like any strategy with big DD.

2 Likes