The Best Forex Trading Stack

I have already programmed my strategy and it has one entry per day only after London 7 am, so on 8 am and later, depending if logical inputs are met. And it is only on one specific pair.
But was just wondering from experienced forex users if it could be successful in the long term.
I will see.

1 Like

Be careful with high stakes. If the strategy works over a long period of time, you can work your way up and take out your bets for the time being. After that it doesn’t matter if you win or lose.

2 Likes

I understand your concern.
At this point only time will tell. because every strategies have to be updated to the market conditions.
I can’t tell you that you won’t succeed, but based on my experience of a "nearly "profitable trader
it’s 50/50.
good luck i hope you find the key to success.
also isolation is one of the worst part of it.
i would recommend joining a serious trader community .
sharing ideas is always better and gives you perspective.

3 Likes

Here’s some advice from someone else also on the trading journey:

Read Tom Hougaard’s book “Best Loser Wins: Best Loser Wins: Why Normal Thinking Never Wins the Trading Game”.

Psychology and risk management are the primary reasons why market participants lose money over time, and this becomes abundantly clear when taking into consideration the fact that trading systems with even a 20-30% win rate can be highly profitable.

I have intently studied and invested time in learning futures trading (the ES/S&P 500), which shares similarities in terms of relatively low barriers to entry to Forex. Before this I’ve invested in stocks (including the high risk stocks of 2020/2021) and cryptocurrencies, experiencing both the euphoric highs and devastating lows of not practicing strong self-discipline, mindfulness, and humility. I’ve experienced six figure losses and gains, so I am no stranger to risk.

You can succeed it if you remain as dedicated as you feel right now. That said, do not kill all of the fun of the process. Know when to take a break and when to celebrate yourself for positive progress. Trading is a surefire way to know thyself, so ensure you like being with yourself along the way.

Successful traders become successful in part due to implicit learning (aka practice and exposure to charts over time). Find the few instruments and timeframes you wish to trade and stick to them nearly exclusively. They have slightly different characteristics, so developing a feel for a currency pair’s unique movement will pay itself off greatly.

Lastly, price action knowledge is the foundation of all great trading. While different trading instruments have different personalities (like people) they all function the same way fundamentally (again, like us humans do). Price action can be used on any chart and on any timeframe. Mack’s ‘Price Action Trading’ or Thomas Wade’s videos are nice and affordable/accessible/free resource if you’re interested in learning ways to chart cleanly without excessive indicators.

Have fun, and congratulations on taking the first steps. Doing it every day well for a few hours is better than half-assing it for twelve hours a day, so just listen to yourself and you’ll get where you need to be.

8 Likes

Any update on your Forex journey?

1 Like
2 Likes

Lol don’t tease us :upside_down_face:

1 Like

It is just backtest, it does not make rain yet :slight_smile:

Still… that’s pretty good for step 1.
Which app/client do you use?

3 Likes

Just a casual backtest of May 2023
Max DD -4.64%
@GoldenTiger

4 Likes

Let’s continue here guys
@Psiklou

I am trying old fashioned manual style, rn I am just backtesting, but my target is the same as yours @KingofClubz

3 Likes

I am interested in Forex now that the crypto market has crashed down for good and @KingofClubz post got me excited :slight_smile: I will deep dive in the subject when I am free in a few weeks. I have found some Udemy material about the EA and MT4 automated software that appeal to the geek in me.

1 Like

EA could be a good thing. I am not a newbie to this, I myself have created an EA system in Pine script and before was trying manually trading but never with any big success.

Until I came across this post here on the forum.

1 Like

I saw the references also but 12 month of learning @200usd/month?

Nah, I bought it for 3 months and that is enough for me. It depends on everyone’s ability to learn. But this does not mean, that I know it and can be profitable every month. For that I am spending a long time with backtesting, to be absolutely sure of myself before I start doing prop challenges.

1 Like

You can just buy 1 month and will see if you like it. Or you can try probably something cheaper like @GoldenTiger is doing different company courses.

1 Like

Change your stack to HOM, Rich crypto, Emperor, or AM, maybe add also Limitless, ROM, LE, BE or QL and you are good to go :slight_smile:

It seems pretty neat. Ok I am convinced :rofl: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Second man to whom I sold something here on the forum this week :slight_smile:
I should make a living out of this.