Subs in the car?

Yep, ultimas, masks and ultrasonic. Mostly ultrasonic because I play my music at the same time.

1 Like

I would do that sometimes to finish the remainder of a loop. It doesn’t make me sleepy, however, I would get distracted in thoughts sometimes.

Personally, wouldn’t recommend it, especially when tired or under stress. You be the judge.

Keep in mind that it is not recommended to operate heavy machinery while on subs. There’s a disclaimer and all of that somewhere

2 Likes

Hmmm I see your point there, thank you for the clarification. Though doesn’t sound like a good move to use some of the ultimas (ex.: Libertine) when on the way to a date or a social event?
Could give a good boost :wink:

1 Like

Ultimas take about an hour or three to kick in, would be wiser to play them before hand; unless the traffic situation takes that long. In any case, head and earphones for Ultimas. No idea the situation for car stereos on Ults

1 Like

oh I seemed to have forgotten about that, guess I’ll stick to listening to PSITU on the morning of my date days

There’s a big warning at the top of the instruction manual that explicitly says NOT to do this. Please do not listen to subliminals while driving, operating machinery or something else that requires sustained focus.

5 Likes

I really think I should stop thinking i’m mister know it all with everything and start reading instructions before trying new things :upside_down_face:
my bad

3 Likes

I was thinking of doing that too, but I canceled doing it because I think headphones are better in terms of quality of subliminal sound.

It’s ok to ask questions like that and see other people opinions and advices.

I ask weird questions too …

1 Like

My work consists of 80% driving and 20% work, I barely listen to a full loop in one sitting, it’ll be 30min then I have to pause the loop to assist a client or getting a phonecall but will continue the loop once in transit. I listen to masked Q subs only with earphones while driving. Helps with headaches but not sure if it gets less effective doing it my way.

3 Likes

@Present1 Listen to qv2 subs. It requires one loop a day. So if u can manage listen 30 minutes in one sitting and another 30 minutes in one sitting. It would be easier

1 Like

What I meant was I’m not listening to ultimas while driving, only Q and yes Qv2, a 1hr loop of Qv2 can turn into 3hrs worth of listening depending how busy or distracted I get.

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat (or car) as you. Deliveries for Instacart

2 Likes

Well I was thinking about something, if driving and listening isn’t a good idea, would it also be a bad idea to listen to spartan, for example, while at the gym lifting? More specifically, power lifting.

It’s a sound recommendation. I however have listened to subs while driving for years.

1 Like

Me too. I get why the recommendation is there, though. Some subs will hit harder and cause more mental shuffling during listening. Which wouldn’t be good while trying to attend to traffic conditions.

I made a sub for myself once before to improve my reading speed. And I found I could NOT listen while reading. at ALL. Too much going in at the level of Subconscious activity, because one’s reading speed goes back to HOW they learned to read. I subvocalise a LOT still.

That would basically zonk me out if I tried reading while listening.

I’ve found that listening to that one whilst doing nothing else works. My reading is indeed getting faster and more fluid.

So I can see why some subs would be bad for driving, esp if they involve any sort of spatial awareness or reasoning.

1 Like

Hmmm I see what you’re getting at, but at the same time, if listening to something like like BLU while studying works well, yet your reading sub didn’t while reading, I wonder what causes this :thinking:
I mean, reading your comment makes me feel like spartan or EF might not work while working out, while a friend of mine (the one who introduced me to subclub) listens to spartan while lifting at has set many PRs with lifts like the deadlift, on which he maxed out at 180kg for 3 reps for the first time in his life.
It’s really fascinating

The reading sub I made, it digs deep into stuff like eliminating subvocalising, using the sensory systems better, synesthesia, a whole bunch of shit. It isn’t just a quick results or “feel good” experiment. I won’t get into specifics on it since I’m not competing with SC.

Sorta back-on-topic, I remember I was at the gym one day on the chest/pec press. I felt like I was done, and suddenly “heard” a “voice” in my head, “If it will move, I will move it.”

I wasn’t listening at the gym, but subs were the previous night. I never tried at the gym because my workouts are so short I couldn’t get a full loop in anyway (Body By Science, the Big Five)

@Simon had an interesting theory about it being Primal Seduction that helped me at the gym

1 Like

This seems really interesting, I guess it makes sense that the sub would act more like a pre-workout, in the sense that you should take it before working out to feel the effects instead of taking it during the workout, which could actually be disadvantageous since it could make you nauseated.

I think it really just depends on how any given sub is scripted. The actual content I mean. Some might be better for use “in the moment” such as at the gym. Others may be more the pre-workout version you talk about.

To be safe, I’d recommend following the recommendations to NOT use subs while driving (since I took this off-topic somewhat. My bad.). If you DO listen in the car, just be VERY mindful of how you’re feeling and reacting in the moment.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your insights, really appreciate your advice :slight_smile: