Saint Sovereign's Journal (HERO Origins + Khan Black ST 4)

I just watched it this past weekend.

I was struck by how much of a difference editing, musical, and directorial choices can make to how the exact same actor/character comes across on screen. In the first Justice League, all of the main characters struck me as feeling extreeeeemely trivial. They seemed unimportant. Like flashy cars that I have no interest in buying or even driving. My theory is that this has something to do with the spirituality of the director. (By spirituality, I do not mean religiosity or mysticism, but rather a way of being in the world and the way that lives, circumstances, and meaning hang together in the sensibility and soul of the director.)

The story being told had a soul and a kind of integrated center. I didn’t love that soul, but it was there. And every soul, whether I love it or not, has a certain power, a certain integrity, a certain coherence. That’s just the nature of souls. Anyway, that soul of the director and of the story seemed to imbue the characters with greater import as well.

(I remember when I realized that the reason I loved Scarlet Johannsson so much in Lost In Translation was primarily due to the invisible influence of Sofia Coppola over the framing of the whole movie.)

Another point was that I felt a real spiritual and aesthetic connection between this film and the movie Watchmen. Almost as though this was the movie that Watchmen was made to critique and play against. I wondered if it was actually unintentional. It introduced a subtle undercurrent of unease to the atmosphere. (A testament to Frank Miller’s genius.) It made it seem as though the immoral or flawed aspects of these characters might be hiding just off-camera or beneath the surface. This was strongest for Batman’s character, fittingly enough. Something about the shape of that body-armour suit and of the cowl, made him feel somewhat ‘off’ at times. But this was more of a tinge than a very strong feeling. Just an interesting thing.

The atmosphere was so much more effective for almost every part of the movie.

And I have to give extra points (and extra get me the heck away from this situation) for the bizarre Scandinavian singing sequence. Ever since watching Ari Aster’s Midsommar, I’ve basically got issues. (Very easily freaked out by anything even slightly untoward that’s happening in Scandinavia.) Hopefully Dragon Reborn will help when I finally get around to working through that program. :rofl:

5 Likes

The snyder cut was a whole lot better than the previous one. The serious tone fit the characters better and toning down the jokes made it more entertaining. Loved the visual elements reminding me of comic book panels. Fleshing out the story lines of Flash, Cyborg and steppenwolf did a whole world of good too.

Unfortunately I didn’t resonate much with the movie. Felt myself being bored several times even though I loved Man of Steel, Aquaman, Shazam and the first Wonder Woman movie. Those kept me interested. FYI I don’t mind long movies (like the director’s cut of Lord of the Rings) so runtime wasn’t the issue. I wonder whether it is because I saw the previous version

PS: i much prefer the animated Justice League. Those are classic (along with Batman the animated series). Also, Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy is on an altogether other level.

4 Likes

Hey Saint,

If I wanted to have a custom script subliminal, would it be possible?

1 Like

You’d have to talk to @Fire and I don’t think he’s actually making completely custom scripts right now. And if he is, it’ll be costly due to time constraints.

2 Likes

Hi Saint can SC maximise the power of the physical shifting technology in Hero and make it a single stage.

5 Likes

Paging @Fire :wink:

4 Likes

It’s been a long, long past few weeks. Even longer weekend. Been thinking about a lot of stuff – where I want to go as an artist, how I want to expand as an entrepreneur, etc. Then, it hit me that I didn’t take a moment to recognize an artist that – while he didn’t really “influence my life” per se because I didn’t grow up that way, as a fellow artist, I can recognize the influence he had over the culture that surrounded me. I had an incredibly diverse group of friends growing up and I experienced every type of “hood” you could think of. Rich people, poor people alike. And this artist’s raw authenticity (however flawed he may have been), always inspired me. So, I know some people will raise an eyebrow, others will raise a glass. But regardless…

RIP.

16 Likes

I actually am waiting for Q+ and Physical Shifting from HERO to fully materialize before getting a custom like that. And cost is no matter if what’s in my mind can be built.

1 Like

I like hearing this hope subliminalclub makes your dream sub a possibility

Wait until ya’ll see our new business office. :wink:

Yes, we’re keeping the studio, which we’ll use when developing new sub formats and things like Solace. Also, the studio is about to upgraded and spun off into a separate company for various reasons. That being said, we needed more of a workspace, where we can take meetings and the such. We signed the lease for that space today, and it’s amazing, with a view of the city skyline.

We’re about to take some crazy risks to expand our companies, and I for one, am looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

26 Likes

Seems like somebody here is running Furious Ascent ;))

1 Like

Could definitely be the case when it comes to furious ascent lol

Just tested the “Solace in Dolby Atmos” prototype. Not sure if this will ever be released, but I was just curious. It’s… very interesting and I’m curious to see if it’d improve results, but it’d definitely be a niche product, since you’d need Atmos-enabled hardware and a dedicated space for it…

8 Likes

Wen, Sir? :sunglasses:

Hi @SaintSovereign, do Cores in the Quintessence contain the Aura’s of each as well, meaning Wanted will have the Aura of Mysteriousness, Ascension the Aura of Attraction, and Sex Mastery the Sexual Aura – I’d Love to know since I want to add two more Aura’s which might create a form of energetic overload, especially since Wanted is already energy-intensive.

4 Likes

Yes, they do. Keep in mind that these auras aren’t quite as concentrated as the ones in something like Libertine and Love Bomb.

10 Likes

WHAT!! WHY SIR

but serious question sir:
isn’t Rich Ultima suppos’d to make it so that you don’t worry about the price tag and can buy anything you want?

the bmw might not be worth it financially but is that the only reason you didnt like it?
if money wasn’t issue won’t you like tha X7 more than meh honda civics?

1 Like

@Eric I highly doubt it’s like that. To paraphrase MJ DeMarco from the Millionaire Fastlane it’s about actually being wealthy vs creating the illusion of wealth.

8 Likes

What @James says applies too, but the real reason was that the X7 just wasn’t worth the money. It wasn’t comfortable, and I hate the way it handled. Just wasn’t worth $80k.

R.I.C.H. doesn’t necessarily make you stop caring about the price tag. It helps you evaluate your financial decisions so that you can build wealth. I ended up buying a new car in cash. No monthly payments, no interest, etc. Much better choice.

13 Likes

Hi @SaintSovereign, besides Kybalion which other books do you recommend for self development (broadly speaking). You have mentioned already:

• Kybalion
  • 50th Law
  • No country for Old Men
  • The Lean Startup

Is there anything else? Like a top 5 - top 10?

2 Likes